monday there, pride, avarice, and envy are the tongues men know and heed, a babel of despair

'ning

just a smidge less nippy

long ride and cafes before forecast deluge, laze

french consignment arrived, again it's no tax please i'm a sungod :smiley:
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod said:

Bubbly and croissants?
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder here, rubbish looking weather for the next few days, dog walked and fed, cycling earlier rather than later
    Have a good day
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We're going to see a live drive in show if the Gruffalo at Hop Farm. You're apparently not allowed to bring you're own food and drink, but the food packages on offer were terrible, so we're sneaking it in. What are they going do, search the car?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Ho-de-ho campers. Headache so no ride yet. Probably indoors. Got work to do anyway. And later on we get to wrestle our old sofas outside so they can be collected by the council on Tuesday in anticipation of our new ones arriving on Wednesday after a five month wait.
  • elbowloh
    johngti said:

Ho-de-ho campers. Headache so no ride yet. Probably indoors. Got work to do anyway. And later on we get to wrestle our old sofas outside so they can be collected by the council on Tuesday in anticipation of our new ones arriving on Wednesday after a five month wait.

We kept our old ones for a but incase they couldn't get the new ones in. Lucky we did.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    elbowloh said:

We're going to see a live drive in show if the Gruffalo at Hop Farm. You're apparently not allowed to bring you're own food and drink, but the food packages on offer were terrible, so we're sneaking it in. What are they going do, search the car?

Yep, what can they do?
    Get yer missus to go cross eyed and over do it with the toothpaste so she looks like she's foaming at the mouth when you enter.

Should be fun. Have you read the Scottish version of the Gruffalo? It's ay' gid.
    Shorty got 'The Eejits' by Roald Dahl on Saturday from the Library. It's a hoot mon but you'll nee to have read the English version first.

An extra specially fine drizzle has descended on us with no wind to blow it away. Don't ever be fooled by this fine, seemingly innocuous precipitation; it can penetrate just about anything and have you soaked in far less time than you anticipated.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    elbowloh said:

johngti said:

We kept our old ones for a but incase they couldn't get the new ones in. Lucky we did.
    Let’s just say that it’s a risk Mrs GTi is willing to take...

We’ve still got a conservatory with a sofa and a telly in so not all bad. How commie is that, eh?! Conservatory AND a spare sofa. Living the dream.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    johngti said:

elbowloh said:

johngti said:

Let’s just say that it’s a risk Mrs GTi is willing to take...

We’ve still got a conservatory with a sofa and a telly in so not all bad. How commie is that, eh?! Conservatory AND a spare sofa. Living the dream.
    Very bourgeois John. You've sold out...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

soaking my foot in a bowl of hot water and Radox whilst watching WW2 salvage hunters on Quest before slicing broken big toe nail off. #glamour

then not sure what the day will bring.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Yep, what can they do?
    Get yer missus to go cross eyed and over do it with the toothpaste so she looks like she's foaming at the mouth when you enter.

Should be fun. Have you read the Scottish version of the Gruffalo? It's ay' gid.
    Shorty got 'The Eejits' by Roald Dahl on Saturday from the Library. It's a hoot mon but you'll nee to have read the English version first.

An extra specially fine drizzle has descended on us with no wind to blow it away. Don't ever be fooled by this fine, seemingly innocuous precipitation; it can penetrate just about anything and have you soaked in far less time than you anticipated.

We've not read the English one let alone the Scottish
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

ciao

soaking my foot in a bowl of hot water and Radox whilst watching WW2 salvage hunters on Quest before slicing broken big toe nail off. #glamour

then not sure what the day will bring.

The things you lot do for fun... it beggars belief #hastings
  • MattFalle
    Must admit, although he is doing it to pay the mortgage, Suggs doesn't really seem to be having to mych fun being in the rain in a field in Leics with a bunch of metal detectorists....
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Must admit, although he is doing it to pay the mortgage, Suggs doesn't really seem to be having to mych fun being in the rain in a field in Leics with a bunch of metal detectorists....

He's no Tony Robinson.

It's weird who gets what gigs now. Jamie Theakston presents history shows FFS
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    Yeah, Claudia Winkleman used to present the arts and a fine job she did. Now she's gone all boring mainstream.
  • pinno
    Right, where are those feckers @hopkinb and @seanoconn ?
    Let's lively this up seen as it's now gone from fine drizzle to monsoon.

Angle grinder MF?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Today will be pretty much a repeat of yesterday, with dog walk/tea/food/sorting stuff being the order of the day. 2 down, 2 to go. Then gear up for the week ahead.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Angle grinder MF?

Good to see my presence is wanted 😂
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice wet walk with hounds and then hilly run which isn’t ideal taper stuff.

Cleaned the lounge log burner flume and lit it - it’s ferkin may!

Dad taxi stuff then off to a pub to sit outside 😢
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Angle grinder MF?

Good to see my presence is wanted 😂
    I presumed you might actually be working so your omission was complimentary.
  • MattFalle
    I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I utilised my decades of medical skills and vast array of medical equipt at my disposal to cut off my toe nail using a pair of hairdressing scissors and some old rusty nail clippers..

i couldn't find an emery board to smooth what is left off so used some wet 'n' dry.

good job well done is what i say.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Angle grinder MF?

I’m not talking to you
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    I’m aware by telling you I’m not talking to you i am talking to you but if I didn’t tell you I wasn’t talking to you, you wouldn’t know I wasn’t talking to you.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    seanoconn said:

I’m aware by telling you I’m not talking to you i am talking to you but if I didn’t tell you I wasn’t talking to you, you wouldn’t know I wasn’t talking to you.

You could have asked someone to pass on the message.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle

seanoconn said:

Broadsword calling Danny Boy, come in Danny Boy....
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Angle grinder MF?

nah - that's like well posh, innit. oxy torch.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Now you tell me 😕
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

Bubbly and croissants?
    new fork, 330g of carbon fibre once i lopped the end off

while fitting, had a sustained peer at various other bits for signs of fatigue/wear, swapped out headset bearings, new front brake cable

if you don't hear from me again, you'll know why
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    if you die can I have your shoes please?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    ^^

Dibs on sg towers, bubbly stash, and the salvageable bits of bike.

Garden centre again.

Friends and their kids over for pizza and chicken shawarma thingy in home made pitta with yogurty/minty/garlicky sauce. To be honest, bought pitta would have been easier...

Now clearing up.

Then making sure scrotes and self are ready for return to school/work.
  • MattFalle
    g/c again????

what ya doin' H3?