david37 Posts: 1,313
edited April 2021 in The cake stop
WTAF is happening?

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Baddies doing bad shit.
    But who baddies are is ambiguous.

Personally I think they’ve taken the conspiracy stuff too far.

And the acronym hunters have been as busy as ever.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Jesus, Joseph and Mary, not a spoilers thread fella!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,127
    She's his niece and his daughter. And only 14 years younger than him.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,212
    Haven't watched any of it this series. I was planning on waiting for it to finish and then give it a go so I could either binge watch it (hopefully making it easier to follow) or ditch it if it is as bad as the last series and later parts of the series before that. Has it improved at all or are they just adding more and more layers of conspiracy and "plot twists" (I think they're actually just badly written add ons as the original story had reached its natural end but the success has led to the writers being pressurised into dragging more out of it).
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498

She's his niece and his daughter. And only 14 years younger than him.

Pretty normal around here.
  • kingstongraham
    Pross said:

Haven't watched any of it this series. I was planning on waiting for it to finish and then give it a go so I could either binge watch it (hopefully making it easier to follow) or ditch it if it is as bad as the last series and later parts of the series before that. Has it improved at all or are they just adding more and more layers of conspiracy and "plot twists" (I think they're actually just badly written add ons as the original story had reached its natural end but the success has led to the writers being pressurised into dragging more out of it).

It's mad as a box of frogs, obviously, but entertaining. Wants to also be social commentary which is OK I guess.

Better than Bloodlands, which managed to go from promising to full crazy within a single series of 4 episodes.
  • morstar
    Pross said:

The latter. Glad it’s not just me thinks this way.

I am watching it but it’s far from must watch for exactly the reasons you describe.
  • david37
    the other nights ending FFS....... i sincerely hope that Blond chief super gets it. thoroughly unpleasant bullying ho.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    It's one of the funniest comedies on TV at the moment, but sort of entertaining as well despite the terrible acting.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited April 2021
    david37 said:

the other nights ending FFS....... i sincerely hope that Blond chief super gets it. thoroughly unpleasant bullying ho.

I hope the Chief Constable guy who’s messing up AC-12 gets it, horrible bullying s!ut of a man.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    The Wire it ain't but nor is it pretending to be and it's a jolly romp of a show nonetheless. Perfect post-roast, post Top Gear fodder.

Not sure why people ever want to think deep thoughts on Sunday Night.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • david37
    Steve has to get busted for being a junky and for illegal searches
  • ddraver
    So, who do we think H is? A few hours to go!

I don't think it's one of the main two, it's too feel good for that.#

The time to reveal it was Hastings was last series (almost a reverse Game of Thrones as it were)

So who..? :P
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Osborne

Nothing else really makes sense. Completes the story arc.

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • seanoconn

Osborne

Nothing else really makes sense. Completes the story arc.

Is Osborne too obvious?
  • ddraver
    I think the question is, are they going to go for a massive twist for the sake of it or try and round the story off 'properly'...
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,223
    So you have to think about the things they’ve spent time on which so far has had no relevance.

The obvious staring point is the illegal money Hastings has given the widow of the undercover policeman from last series.

Also the comments from the previously jailed criminals who say Hastings is bent.

We’ve also yet to see any blowback on the failed drugs test for Steve and we know time is running out for Hastings. So we’ll get that.

I suspect the new boss is just officious and a patsy for the chief superintendent not evil though hopefully she will get her comeuppance.

The rest is hard to predict as recently Mercurio uses Deus Ex Machina to spin and solve problems.
  • ddraver
    They GOT'd it...

- @ddraver
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,587
    Anyone surprised? Keep the cash cow producing.
    Last season for me in any event.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Who cares / cared? Lost interest several series ago when it got too 'nah that's not how real life goes...' para mi.

Will whatever happened or didn't happen help stop Zoe Ball wittering on and on and on ad nauseam about effing televisual stuff all over breakfast time radio?
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    pblakeney said:

Yes, the ending really left me deflated and asking would I bother with another season.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    A load of badly acted crap.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • kingstongraham
    Last two episodes have been quite bad. Boring even.
  • pblakeney
    womack said:

pblakeney said:

Yes, the ending really left me deflated and asking would I bother with another season.
    I went into this series reluctantly. Won't be repeating the mistake.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • seanoconn
    Buckles! FFS, not exactly Keyser Soze.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    I didn’t mind it. Corruption is sleazy and mundane and the corrupt get caught out for silly reasons (flat refurb anyone?). I’d forgotten he was in earlier series - perfect culprit innit, doesn’t stand out.
  • morstar
    johngti said:

I didn’t mind it. Corruption is sleazy and mundane and the corrupt get caught out for silly reasons (flat refurb anyone?). I’d forgotten he was in earlier series - perfect culprit innit, doesn’t stand out.

I think this last point is key. It would be somebody bland.
    Spies and moles aren’t typically people putting themselves front and centre of everything.
    Real life can be dull sometimes.

They’ve left it open enough to allow another series but I think it would be a mistake to make one. This one was fairly pedestrian, watchable but nothing special. Homeland went the same way as have countless other dramas.
  • pblakeney
    morstar said:

They’ve left it open enough to allow another series but I think it would be a mistake to make one.

Next series starts.
    Steve steps out of the shower..... 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • ddraver
    Definately different vibes from people who have watched it from the start and the binge watchers like me...

Today my views is softening a little. Bit weird to have such a nakedly political ending in a hitherto non political show but...hey ho

But like if The Wire had ended with McNulty and Bunk turning into Starsky & Hutch or Bad Boys...
    - @ddraver
  • seanoconn
    I see what you did there