sunday awake, arise or be for ever fall’n

'ning

cold, cloud, ride, cafes, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, not a bad start , at least the sun looks like it will be shining, a trip out today for a change
    Have a good day
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hello peeps

Awake. Trying to force myself out of bed for a ride but not convinced I’m bothered about winter gear in may. BBQ later, might take the car for a wash first.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Tired after going hiking yesterday evening.
    Thinking of going out again today.
    Agree regarding temperature, at least the wind has dropped for now at least.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    early ride as soon as it was light enough, got rained on, then the sun came out, there's much more glass on the roads since lockdown started easing

perhaps a cafe stroll if it stays sunny
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow start and now off for yesterday’s run as builders & filling skips took up way too much time.

Gardening jobs before the deluge tomorrow.

Pub later with friends
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Nippy again.
    Will take the Ministry of Muppetry for a BK as a post lockdown promise fulfilment. Was going tomorrow but looks like monsoon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciso

sitting in a car park while stuff gets done.

#winning
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    as an aside, why do a) vegans and b) people in Pro Race section of the forum put, respectively, "vegan" in caps whenever they have to mention it and riders surnames in caps?

are the latter trying to be continental or is it a clubbie thang?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    MattFalle said:

as an aside, why do a) vegans and b) people in Pro Race section of the forum put, respectively, "vegan" in caps whenever they have to mention it and riders surnames in caps?

are the latter trying to be continental or is it a clubbie thang?

How do you know somebody is vegan? They'll tell you... I like bacon too much to ever go veggie or vegan.

Hounds exercised just before the rain started. Tea, lunch, then more sorting stuff
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Turned out a better day than forecast. Spent a fair chunk of it making first section of handrail, which turned out pretty nicely.

Struggled through a turbo session this afternoon. I'm sure it did me some good. Maybe.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    Thought I'd let things warm up a bit outdoors before heading out for a ride around lunchtime, before the expected rain just before dinner...

The skies darken and it starts tipping down just before lunch.

Idon'tbelieveit.gif
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ride rided, another blast on the byways and gravel ways. Good fun, eventually. First hour body was moaning, getting indigestion on the climbs etc. However all balanced itself out and rest was in the zone.

Spot of the day, no pic unfortunately. 2 big raptors sitting on neighbouring fence posts chilling in a field just off the route. Chatty old local bloke walking his dogs thought they were buzzards. One changed post tops and the wingspan and form looked right. Nice.

See. No roundabouts. No richardhead drivers. Chat with locals. In touch with nature. What's not to like?
  • MattFalle
    Listening to Taylor Swift.

Going to have a beer and watch Ten Per Cent.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    You should have a ten percent beer and watch Taylor Swift.
  • hopkinb
    2 hours in a fcuking garden centre. No sleep and grumpy as all hell because I've not had a drink.

Tcahhahahahhahhaaa!h.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

2 hours in a fcuking garden centre. No sleep and grumpy as all hell because I've not had a drink.

Tcahhahahahhahhaaa!h.

How does one spend 2 hours in a garden centre, even for the ones with a good cafe?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Went cooker shopping this morning, bought new walking shoes 😁
    Swapped bars on the MTB, might try and ride it tomorrow if I get a chance. Should replace chain ring and cassette on the green bike. Had a visit from the of the other day, sealant worked but I've got latex under the seat, down the seat tube and all over the front mech.
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

Tcahhahahahhahhaaa!h.

How does one spend 2 hours in a garden centre, even for the ones with a good cafe?
    My dear wife. Oh, its a plant, oh, there's another plant, oh, is the first one different, yet me google it. Oh, pots. Let me.google the price elsewhere. Oooh, another plant. Etc ad nauseam.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Evening folks,
    Swapped bars on the MTB, might try and ride it tomorrow if I get a chance. Should replace chain ring and cassette on the green bike. Had a visit from the of the other day, sealant worked but I've got latex under the seat, down the seat tube and all over the front mech.

That's impressive.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Pilates was on this morning so ended up doing that.
    Took the mighty Corsa for a clean out to the peak district and back with a walk in the middle.
    Put more than 1 layer on this time seeing as I nearly froze last night, plus took extra layers just in case - in the end it was mild and I was boiling hot, even when it was hailing.
    Had a nice hour just sitting at the top hiding behind the trig point from the wind and all the other walkers :smiley:
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

Evening folks,

That's impressive.

But what about the latex?!
  • pinno
    Had a good drive (back). Too many dithering diddery dodderies on the way up.
    Parked at a sports centre on way back to let the gurls run around the park. Found I was in the middle of some car meet.
    There was a heap of heaps: Cavalier 1.6 convertible?! A Sirocco - nothing fancy, some other heaps, 1 very good mini, 1 very good Esprit with no engine cover and no rear bulkhead?! I was looking for the ear muffs and a nice E30 although barbarised; covered in decals, though it was clean.
    Come back from the pi$$er and there's a crowd around my 911.
    I had to giggle.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    pinno said:

Had a good drive (back). Too many dithering diddery dodderies on the way up.
    Parked at a sports centre on way back to let the gurls run around the park. Found I was in the middle of some car meet.
    There was a heap of heaps: Cavalier 1.6 convertible?! A Sirocco - nothing fancy, some other heaps, 1 very good mini, 1 very good Esprit with no engine cover and no rear bulkhead?! I was looking for the ear muffs and a nice E30 although barbarised; covered in decals, though it was clean.
    Come back from the pi$$er and there's a crowd around my 911.
    I had to giggle.

In the land of the blind... ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]