another month of winter, sigh

ride up and down, coffee and cake, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited May 2021
    Morning, I totally agree with you Sungod, winter
    Tigger walked and fed, I’m feeding on some porridge with blueberries and a few crushed Brazilians( nuts that is ) cycling this morning
    Second covid jab went well no side effects this time
    Oh and starting today ,the first day of early retirement
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, sort builders (hopefully for the last day for some time) then steady run - taper week so may actually hit my mileage target.

Haircuts, etc with kids then out for artic conditions meal then some live DJ thing once we are home
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Just looked at the weather for the next week. I don't think the temperature gets above 10 degrees. Where do I complain?

Might put on the layers anyway and go for a ride.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

'ning

don’t wish to alarm but some irate chap in cake shop called you a d!ckhead. Is this true? Why didn’t you tell us? We’re an accepting bunch and statistically speaking, 1 in 3 men is a d!ckhead. I suspect that ratio is higher in BB.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Well if this is global warming you can stuff it!

WFW liquid lunch today, a couple of days off after today woo hoo

please warm up!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

don’t wish to alarm but some irate chap in cake shop called you a d!ckhead. Is this true? Why didn’t you tell us? We’re an accepting bunch and statistically speaking, 1 in 3 men is a d!ckhead. I suspect that ratio is higher in BB.
    Yep, a couple of Bracketeers get an honourable mention over in Cake Stop :D

Long drive today as I have to take junior back to uni. She came down on the train but there's loads on engineering works this weekend and she needs to take some more stuff back to Liverpool. Might take a detour on the way back and exercise the Panzer.

Will be tired tonight so I guess it'll be MOTD and cider when I get back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

really? bless :smiley:
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

I forgot about MF, I guess I didn’t think someone taking offence to his comments was newsworthy 😆
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    hopkinb said:

Just looked at the weather for the next week. I don't think the temperature gets above 10 degrees. Where do I complain?

at least it's a sunny start, don't think it'll last though

another nippy ride, winter tights, two layers, jacket, just wish i'd worn overshoes

french consignment due to be delivered today
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Morning all.

We're going to Chessington World of Adventures today.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Morning all, busy week of marking papers complete, cup 1/4 final today, fingers crossed for celebratory beers later.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    elbowloh said:

Morning all.

Better day out than Legoland, Elbow.
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

Morning all.

Ooh, just down the road. They gave out free tickets to locals last year. I enjoyed the two rides we managed to get on in 6 hours.
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Morning all.

Ooh, just down the road. They gave out free tickets to locals last year. I enjoyed the two rides we managed to get on in 6 hours.
    Tbh, I think the boy will be more interested in the animals. Will have to swallow my sadness at seeing them in cages...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited May 2021
    elbowloh said:

Morning all.

...aren't your two tiny?
    So who you leaving the kids with?

Unless requested, I doubt SG needs back up. Water off a ducks back.

Which reminds me: The Lone Ranger gets thrown off his horse, immobile, badly injured, barely able to talk and in pain, he calls to Tonto and whispers in his ear...
    Tonto disappears into the distance and comes back 2 hours later with a prostitute over his shoulder.
    The Lone Ranger re-iterates his request to Tonto.
    Tonto disappears into the distance and comes back 4 hours later with a prostitute on each shoulder...
    In frustration, The Lone Ranger summons all his energy and tells Tonto "for the last time Tonto, go and get the fcuking Posse".

Nippy here too but i'll be stuck under an old Porker changing a pesky screeching cam belt tensioner pulley.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Morning all.

Tbh, I think the boy will be more interested in the animals. Will have to swallow my sadness at seeing them in cages...
    I think I enjoyed the animals the most anyway. Hope the sun stays out for you guys 👍
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Morning all.

...aren't your two tiny?

Unless requested, I doubt SG needs back up. Water off a ducks back.

Which reminds me: The Lone Ranger gets thrown off his horse, immobile, badly injured, barely able to talk and in pain, he calls to Tonto and whispers in his ear...
    Tonto disappears into the distance and comes back 2 hours later with a prostitute over his shoulder.
    The Lone Ranger re-iterates his request to Tonto.
    Tonto disappears into the distance and comes back 4 hours later with a prostitute on each shoulder...
    In frustration, The Lone Ranger summons all his energy and tells Tonto "for the last time Tonto, go and get the fcuking Posse".

Nippy here too but i'll be stuck under an old Porker changing a pesky screeching cam belt tensioner pulley.
    Gis us a job, I can do that. I like fettling with cars me.

Maybe we should have a car fettling thread?
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Morning all.

...aren't your two tiny?
    Yeah, I think the trip is more excuse to just get out of the house tbh!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Gis us a job, I can do that. I like fettling with cars me.

I could imagine the arguments with Gallic undertone's.

'Hold that farqing spanner properly ya shoite'.

• elbowloh
    I used to work in a car plant, on final assembly and therefore can do things like replace the boot release cable or change bumpers, or fix an electric window that won't open or things like that. However, anything to do with the engine, I know nothing about.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, now doing an impression of an MF and sitting in a car park. Off to the old dear's next. It's a touch warmer than I expected, but not exactly balmy.
  • pinno

Morning folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, now doing an impression of an MF and sitting in a car park. Off to the old dear's next. It's a touch warmer than I expected, but not exactly balmy.

You haven't got out of the car yet have you?
  • hopkinb
    edited May 2021
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

at least it's a sunny start, don't think it'll last though

another nippy ride, winter tights, two layers, jacket, just wish i'd worn overshoes

french consignment due to be delivered today
    Ride rid. 50ish at an ave of 30 ish. I'll leave you to add your own units of distance and speed. For the first time in ages, felt like I was pedalling circles, not mashing squares. Was lovely and sunny. I do love that sound when a decent group is approaching from behind at pace on carbon wheels. Whooossh. Tried to hold on to the back of one group of 3 (I did ask, and got a yes, with a grin suggesting I wouldn'tlast long), held 48 kph for a short time before having to sit up at the first hint of false flat :smile: Not clubbies, or at least not in kit.

Winter shorts, knee warmers, mesh base, alpha Jersey, light full finger gloves, thick socks, no shoe covers. Just right.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

is this the thread where i got called both 47 and an oik?

i thought oik was young people.

tbh fam, blood, i think its quite funny given the bloke who wrote it is obviously stalking us, wanting to be us.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Anyway, ciao.

Really lovely 45 done, great non clubby company, no Ultegra present. Coffee at B e L consumed, now sitting in the sun waiting for bambina to finish boat racin'

The only clubbie interaction happened when a bunch of 30 of them wearing matching clothing coming the opposite way failed to negotiate a corner and basically crashed into each other. fuckinghalfwits.

i was going to call them a "peliton" but that would insinuate that they knew what they were doing...
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

tbh fam, blood, i think its quite funny given the bloke who wrote it is obviously stalking us, wanting to be us.

Deffo some stalking going on
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    pinno said:

Morning folks,

Still haven't 🙄
    Now sitting outside the Co-op whilst EPO gets supplies.
  • hopkinb

pinno said:

Morning folks,

Still haven't 🙄
    Now sitting outside the Co-op whilst EPO gets supplies.
    My headset came V. Are you free next Saturday around lunchtime, so we can do maintenance and have some pizza? You'll meet mini, but Mrs H³ is off out.
  • hopkinb
    tetley10 said:

elbowloh said:

Morning all.

Better day out than Legoland, Elbow.
    Agreed.

Alton Towers is good but all the way up there.

I hate theme parks, the rides make me feel ill, the queues p1ss me off, the cost is eye-watering (we take sarnies).

Still, the kids love them, so I try not to look too grumpy.

Not been to one since Disney in Florida, that's nearly 2 years ago. Silver lining of pandemic for me...:)
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

Deffo some stalking going on
    Oh totes. I'm almost quite flattered if he wasn't such a weirdo.