friday daisy cutter falls on downing street

'ning

nippy

sunrise ride, cafes, wfh a smidge, early bail for long weekend, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold here, just waiting for the dog to get his act together, second covid jab this morning
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    LD - re jab 👍

Hounds, run, work, pub

Maybe a ride with the hopefully fixed fun bike
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    oxoman said:

...gentle plod out...

Friendly polis up your way then?

Sg must operate in a different time zone to the rest of us.

Got bike fettling to do, got garden fettling to do, got coffee to drink before any of that sort of stuff. C'mon sunshine, warm the place up a bit please.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited April 2021
    wfh, legs tired after going from virtually nothing to 170km (I think that's 106 miles for Pinno) from Thursday to Thursday. Going to maybe try a gentle pedal out to Box tomorrow morning if the weather plays ball.

Some b@gger from HR has put in a 1.5 hour pay and rations meeting in at 16:00. Can't skip it. Can't dodge it. Might even have to be engaged and make sensible comments.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    More work but only one meeting, not too bad.

Yesterday was quite interesting as the house we went to see was a bit underwhelming and definitely overpriced on that basis so we've cooled off a bit on that one. Went to see a couple of agents about getting ours valued after that: one of them said she had a local buyer who just missed out on a house a few doors down the road from us who would be very keen. Bit cheeky, she quoted him an indicative price which was a bit high; he drove round to look at the outside before we'd even got home and wanted a viewing. Steady on...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Damn cold this morning on the Vale of Cragg, slightly warmer in my office with a huge mug of tea!

Grouting later followed by some not bubbly wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

one of them said she had a local buyer who just missed out on a house a few doors down the road from us who would be very keen. Bit cheeky, she quoted him an indicative price which was a bit high; he drove round to look at the outside before we'd even got home and wanted a viewing. Steady on...

Always good to know there's interest though, assuming you can find something you like quickly!

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Yesterday was quite interesting as the house we went to see was a bit underwhelming and definitely overpriced on that basis so we've cooled off a bit on that one. Went to see a couple of agents about getting ours valued after that: one of them said she had a local buyer who just missed out on a house a few doors down the road from us who would be very keen. Bit cheeky, she quoted him an indicative price which was a bit high; he drove round to look at the outside before we'd even got home and wanted a viewing. Steady on...

I’m sure you are well aware but Estate agents are devil spawn and I would treat everything they say with extreme scepticism.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I’m sure you are well aware but Estate agents are devil spawn and I would treat everything they say with extreme scepticism.
    True, the proof of the pudding will be if this buyer rocks up and makes an offer. Hard to fake that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

one of them said she had a local buyer who just missed out on a house a few doors down the road from us who would be very keen. Bit cheeky, she quoted him an indicative price which was a bit high; he drove round to look at the outside before we'd even got home and wanted a viewing. Steady on...

Always good to know there's interest though, assuming you can find something you like quickly!

We already knew they were selling like hot cakes round here - its got the usual selling points of being on a wide road with a bit of greenery, school catchments, close to a couple of train stations/the tram, out of the local town centre but not too far etc, plus the park. We've had 4 round here sell recently, mostly to peeps with young-ish families who been migrating out from places like Dulwich and Herne Hill and want more space for the money/no cars parked nose to tail on the road etc. The one 2 doors down from us went earlier this year for over the asking price in less than 48 hours and it's very similar to ours.

Going to look at another one next week as yesterdays wasn't as good we thought it might be. Forgot how much those sodding fish eye lens pics that estate agents use distort the size of things.
  • orraloon
    Blxxdy rain has started already. Thought it didn't until 5pm on a bank holiday Friday. 'kin L.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Wife's back at A&E.

She had more blood tests yesterday and nothing really showed up, but GP rang this morning and told her to go to A&E at At George's as they have a good neurology department.

No one knows what's going on, she's already seen one consultant neurologist and one consultant cardiologist.

I still think it's vaccine related (there are apparently lots of people who have had a similar reaction for weeks after the jab, but the doctors so far have not even considered it.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Been busy, not much posting. Did CPD session last night, went well. Now writing follow up documents for teachers to use with their classes. Full on from next term.

Getting new table and chairs from IKEA tonight. Going to collect replacement glass for our summerhouse doors and windows before heading off that way.

Busy. Like I said.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Cracker of a day. Into town as passenger in the convertible today, lovely day for roof down drive.

Snooze in the sun when we got home.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Bit of a busy day, got moaned at for something I didn't do by the big Boss, proved I didn't do so in the clear.

Now just kicking heels until picking up bambini.

Flights still haven't been sorted for me to head away for work on Friday so hoping its been jeffed up.

Apart from that, going to put a grazillion psi in the S3 tyres ready for tomorrow's ride. And thats it really.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh said:

Wife's back at A&E.

She had more blood tests yesterday and nothing really showed up, but GP rang this morning and told her to go to A&E at At George's as they have a good neurology department.

No one knows what's going on, she's already seen one consultant neurologist and one consultant cardiologist.

I still think it's vaccine related (there are apparently lots of people who have had a similar reaction for weeks after the jab, but the doctors so far have not even considered it.

Complete waste of time. did nothing more than the last 2 times she went to A&E didn't even examine her and only did bloods for the same things she's already been tested for 4 times

What's the point of them keep telling her to go to A&E if they're not going to do anything?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    any chance of escalating it?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Working from the old dear's this morning followed by wfh this afternoon. Got fed before coming back home of course. Solicitors are taking their time sorting out the option agreement on her place. Builder bloke is being comletely reasonable thankfully. Hopefully that's sorted now. Old dear just needs to find a new place.
    That's incredibly dull Elbow, hope you get something sorted fairly quickly. Not sure how you go about escalating it but that would seem sensible.
    Roll on the long weekend. Bit of sorting out at the old dear's tomorrow pm, something with the EPO on Sunday and currently looking like a free day on Monday.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

any chance of escalating it?

She was referred a while ago, still waiting. GP also requested and "emergency" 24 hour ECG about 2 weeks ago. Well, we say that, even though they assured us that it had been done more than once, when we checked again earlier this week, we discovered that they forgot to flag it as emergency.

In the meantime she did see a cardiologist and neurologist privately who both examined her but told her to wait for the NHS referrals to be done as if they did all the tests it would cost a fortune and it doesn't appear to be life threatening so can wait. The neurologist didn't even charge and told my wife she could call or go and see him anytime without charge if she wanted to speak about it.

TBH, we've had a bad experience with NHS recently, during pregnancy we had some complications and she was given a CAT scan against her wishes, she said no the first time and was then bullied into it (i wasn't allowed in the hospital). Turns out she should never have had the CAT scan due to risk to the baby (increases risk of childhood leukemia, albeit the risk is still fairly small) and when the consultant found out, he rang my wife and they've had to start an investigation. The head radiologist has had to call my wife a couple of times to go through exactly what the resultant risks are.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

Wife's back at A&E.

Complete waste of time. did nothing more than the last 2 times she went to A&E didn't even examine her and only did bloods for the same things she's already been tested for 4 times

What's the point of them keep telling her to go to A&E if they're not going to do anything?
    Sorry to hear that elbow - I was about to ask if you had insurance, but it seems you've explored that route too. Maybe if it is vaccine related perhaps it will go away of its own accord - either way, it must be very worrying for you both.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

Apart from that, going to put a grazillion psi in the S3 tyres ready for tomorrow's ride. .

Do you have smooth roads in that there Cymru?

If I put a grazillion psi in my tyres, I think my teeth would fall out.

• seanoconn

Afternoon folks,
    Working from the old dear's this morning followed by wfh this afternoon. Got fed before coming back home of course. Solicitors are taking their time sorting out the option agreement on her place. Builder bloke is being comletely reasonable thankfully. Hopefully that's sorted now. Old dear just needs to find a new place.
    That's incredibly dull Elbow, hope you get something sorted fairly quickly. Not sure how you go about escalating it but that would seem sensible.
    Roll on the long weekend. Bit of sorting out at the old dear's tomorrow pm, something with the EPO on Sunday and currently looking like a free day on Monday.

She not moving in with you!?
  • seanoconn
    Planned for a dry weekend but already starting to feel a bit twitchy. There must be a shot of something I can sniff out in the cupboards.
  • seanoconn
    Sorry elbow 😔
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

Planned for a dry weekend but already starting to feel a bit twitchy. There must be a shot of something I can sniff out in the cupboards.

Quick shot of this at 16:30 keeps me going to the end of the working day.

• seanoconn
    I’d ruin that nice rum with a glug of coke ☺️
  • orraloon
    FFS was expressed at medium volume (sorry neighbours) earlier. Bike fettling in the then sunshine, come back please. Open the box containing my second replacement under warranty wheel (coz of garbage unserviceable Formula hubs) to find it's a QR hub not the through axle required. Gordon Benito. I give up; time to get onto Malcolm OTP for some proper wheels. Could always sell on the new unused useless to me wheel.

Mutter mutter, grumble grumble. At least I got all my seedlings and plantlets sorted out. Beer time.
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Quick shot of this at 16:30 keeps me going to the end of the working day.

That stuff is awesome. I dont normally drink rum, but I can sip that stuff neat.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    It's delicious. My MiL got me into it.

Little tip I got from a bajan friend, with nice dark rum like this if you're drinking neat (especially I suppose if you're in the carribbean), serve it fridge cold, but don't dilute with ice. Add a couple of drops of lime juice, maybe 2.5 to 5ml of lime juice to a 75 ml measure of the rum. The acidity balances the sweetness.
  • elbowloh
    I discovered it at a food festival where they did a tasting session and then I had a Venuzuelan cycling buddy who also promoted it to me
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk