amusing things you overheard

Reading the things you misheard thread, couldn't think of anything, but things I've overheard…

On a bus going through Cambridge, seeing the cows on Midsummer Common, a girl said to her friend "Oh my God, that one moved! They're REAL!"

Two people passing by my back garden one summer, deep in conversation:
Him: OK, so you know how sometimes you have trouble understanding things?
Her: (After a pause) 'Ere! Are you saying I'm thick?!

Sadly they drifted out of range after that, so I didn't get to hear how the discussion developed.

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,731
    This morning my daughter referred to that famous American hiking route the Alopecian Trail. :)
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    This thread reminded me of one of my favourite jokes.

Two friends are eating lunch together. One says, "Oh man, I've never been more embarrassed. Yesterday, I went to order two bus tickets to Pittsburgh and the ticket lady had the biggest boobs i've ever seen! I tried to say "Can i please have two tickets to Pittsburgh," but I was so nervous I accidentally said 'Can I please have two Pickets to Tittsburgh?"
    The other replies, "Don't worry, bud, this kind of thing happens all the time. Its called a Freudian slip. Actually, just this morning I meant to say to my wife "Darling, please pass the salt" But what came out was "You've ruined my life you fat c*nt"
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    I was walking around a reservoir that had a path and cycle route the whole way round. When we were nearly at the end, there was quite a steep ramp up, short and about the same as a humpy railway bridge. I got there at the same time a couple who were on bikes, maybe hired but i suspect they were newly bought.

He changed UP the gears to go up the slope, had to stand on the pedals which were barely turning but got to the crest which much grunt. He then went on explain to his partner, (who had managed fine in the low gear she was already in), that "it's not about revs but the amount of torque you can put in"

I honestly think he had the idea of gears back to front, and often wonder how or when the penny dropped.

The older I get, the better I was.

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    capt_slog said:

I was walking around a reservoir that had a path and cycle route the whole way round. When we were nearly at the end, there was quite a steep ramp up, short and about the same as a humpy railway bridge. I got there at the same time a couple who were on bikes, maybe hired but i suspect they were newly bought.

He changed UP the gears to go up the slope, had to stand on the pedals which were barely turning but got to the crest which much grunt. He then went on explain to his partner, (who had managed fine in the low gear she was already in), that "it's not about revs but the amount of torque you can put in"

I honestly think he had the idea of gears back to front, and often wonder how or when the penny dropped.

He wasn't called Nick by any chance was he? Lot of spacers under the stem?