tuesday through the turbine blades

'ning

nippy ride, cafes, webexes, cafe stroll if the sun warms things up
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Walk hounds, a day of calm WFH as no family or workmen for the first time in ages 😎

Later is a run with some pals
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Good Moaning,

Tea drunk, on with the waterproofs this morning :/ .
    Chilly and damp outside (light rain) right now and looking at the forecast that’s going to be the theme for the rest of the day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    WFH
    Not much else :disappointed:

Good Moaning,

Tea drunk, on with the waterproofs this morning :/ .
    Chilly and damp outside (light rain) right now and looking at the forecast that’s going to be the theme for the rest of the day

For the rest of the week here. Hopefully the forecast will improve.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining at the mo, although tigger was walked before it started, hope it’s going to dry the lawn needs some attention
    Have a good day
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    WFH, walking the dog (too cold still). Carry on building some lego, spin the legs later. Maybe rejoin RCC.
    Fairly basic day with not much happening.

Enjoy your own day gents
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Considering what to wear for sunny/nippy ride. Omloops. Baselayer, Jersey, gilet, arm warmers. Not used to this.

Wfw. Bail early. Long way home to collect mini.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    smidge colder than yesterday, but without the wind the ride was a much warmer one, sun is up now, bodes well for cafe stroll

need to replace my speed sensor, it's started inserting one-sample spikes of c. +30kph, either that or i was doing 83kph on the flat
  • tlw1
    Whose buying the cakes / bacon butties today?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Considering what to wear for sunny/nippy ride. Omloops. Baselayer, Jersey, gilet, arm warmers. Not used to this.

Went with light winter tights, v thin mesh baselayer, ss jersey, and this sportful fiandre "no rain" light jacket thing - basically a v thin but windproof fronted "gilet with sleeves". I forgot I had it, but found it while searching for gilet. Perfect. Can ditch the jacket on the way home and should be goldilocks again. Forgot my padlock keys , realised while still close enough to turn back and get them though.

I'll have bacon and sausage bagutte please, brown sauce.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Calling birthday boy north of the border
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Flâneur said:

Carry on building some lego...

What you doing? Hopefully not a kit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZRMLDn6q_swJinasYjt9vQ

Next step basic mindstorms programming and i'll unleash hell, kill poachers, assassinate despots and obliterate Chinese communist party during their AGM.

Today finishing the interior of mates over loved, mollycoddled* mini.

Do you know i've never written/typed that word?

Maybe ceramic hybrid ultra torque bearings and fitting kit arrives in post.
    Handy this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273425667038

'cos I need the clip, the wavey washer and the circlip.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Deaf and old TLW, can't hear a thing.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Went with light winter tights, v thin mesh baselayer, ss jersey, and this sportful fiandre "no rain" light jacket thing - basically a v thin but windproof fronted "gilet with sleeves". I forgot I had it, but found it while searching for gilet. Perfect. Can ditch the jacket on the way home and should be goldilocks again. Forgot my padlock keys , realised while still close enough to turn back and get them though.

Spot the southerner - I was wearing shorts :) Frost on the car this morning as well.

Work work, go collect a bit of watch bracelet so I can wear the bl00dy thing: more work, call estate agents. Etc etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Not much to report here, stroll into town shortly to sort some savings out, await arrival of bike bits, hopefully our plumber will have sorted the bathroom rad so I can crack on and complete things and normality can return.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Today finishing the interior of mates over loved, mollycoddled* mini.

Binky?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    new sram red cassette from germany just arrived

no german vat because it's over the 135 quid threshold, no uk vat because the government is incompetent :smiley:

• hopkinb
    sungod said:

need to replace my speed sensor, it's started inserting one-sample spikes of c. +30kph, either that or i was doing 83kph on the flat

Your sig says your bike is faster than god's. I'm saying you hit 83 kph. No question.

Strava tells me me I hit >90 kph on my way home from wfw last week, and my bike isn't even faster than god's - you need to pedal harder... :)

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    sungod said:

no german vat because it's over the 135 quid threshold, no uk vat because the government is incompetent :smiley:

They will find you...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Promise I'm not spamming, I put this in yesterday's thread by accident...

Absolutely fed up.

Been trying to exchange contracts for 3weeks now. First, one of the freeholders who'll be our neighbour and co-freeholder had an issue with the lease plans and wanted them redrawn to grant access to what will be our garden. Told her to get stood on, took her two weeks to agree that her getting stood on was indeed the best way forward.

Then we were supposed to exchange yesterday and our buyer hadn't instructed his solicitor. Got him to do that, but by then our seller's solicitor had gone home for the day.

So today it's on right? No. Seller's solicitor says the proposed completion date is too tight - seller won't have time to empty the property... it's only been on the market for 18months.

Honestly, everyone has f***ing sh*t for brains and I'm sick to the back teeth with everything.

If I was buying by myself, I would genuinely have sacked this off today and put my future efforts into something else. It's really taking the f***ing shine out of everything, having to deal with difficult people and unorganised idiots.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Beautiful autumn day. Wasted it really, with trip to city for what should have been a decent massage but wasn't, followed by the joys of supermarket shopping.

Now just tired.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh

Beautiful autumn day. Wasted it really, with trip to city for what should have been a decent massage but wasn't, followed by the joys of supermarket shopping.

Now just tired.

Sounds like the massage did not conclude satisfactorily.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

Absolutely fed up.

Been trying to exchange contracts for 3weeks now. First, one of the freeholders who'll be our neighbour and co-freeholder had an issue with the lease plans and wanted them redrawn to grant access to what will be our garden. Told her to get stood on, took her two weeks to agree that her getting stood on was indeed the best way forward.

Then we were supposed to exchange yesterday and our buyer hadn't instructed his solicitor. Got him to do that, but by then our seller's solicitor had gone home for the day.

So today it's on right? No. Seller's solicitor says the proposed completion date is too tight - seller won't have time to empty the property... it's only been on the market for 18months.

Honestly, everyone has f***ing sh*t for brains and I'm sick to the back teeth with everything.

If I was buying by myself, I would genuinely have sacked this off today and put my future efforts into something else. It's really taking the f***ing shine out of everything, having to deal with difficult people and unorganised idiots.

Hard to tell if it's the other vendors messing about or the solicitors.
    Had a friend who was getting held up and solicitors were fobbing him off saying it was the other seller/buyer but turned out they were ready to move and also frustrated at the solicitors dragging their heels.
  • pinno
    Ben6899 said:

Promise I'm not spamming.

You are.
    What you really need is a poll.

• Ben6899
    thistle_ said:

Ben6899 said:

Absolutely fed up.

Hard to tell if it's the other vendors messing about or the solicitors.
    Had a friend who was getting held up and solicitors were fobbing him off saying it was the other seller/buyer but turned out they were ready to move and also frustrated at the solicitors dragging their heels.

Probate sale - it's the solicitor.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • elbowloh
    I had issues when we moved with our solicitor. There always seemed to be big delays.

e.g. solicitor didn't open a file when we found a property and had our offer accepted, even though they had been instructed and received memos of the agreement.
    Everytime there was a delay on their end they told the agents and sellers solicitor that they were waiting for us to sign and return documents, when either a) we had never been sent anything to sign or we had signed and sent back an age before. The agents would then come to us and ask what the hold-up is and we had no idea.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    edited April 2021
    I have to say, our solicitor as been great. But our buyer's and the seller's... well most people, in most professions, would be looking for a new job by this point.

EDIT: we're probably going to end up exchanging, right at the last minute today. Should be a time for celebration, but I'm not really feeling it. Meh.
    Ben

• Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

sungod said:

They will find you...
    There is a hotline to grass him up if you want. People should pay their fair share etc etc >:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

sungod said:

They will find you...
    There is a hotline to grass him up if you want. People should pay their fair share etc etc >:)
    Says a professional tax dodger 😳 That should read 'people other than me and mine should...' no?
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

sungod said:

They will find you...
    Says a professional tax dodger 😳 That should read 'people other than me and mine should...' no?
    You missed the little joke there Loon ;)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

sungod said:

They will find you...
    You missed the little joke there Loon ;)
    Nah, thought I'd just repeat the obvious 😉

Anyway, too 'kin crackered to be dealing with subtlety, if there was such. Busy work work morning, followed by busier unpaid work afternoon for #1 daughter lifting her old patio slabs, shifting them out to front of her place and stacking them for a Freecycler to collect, which said Freecycler has done for 1/2 so far, coming back later for the rest. She can load the rest herself, I'm done.

Good to have these things recycled and reused rather than (paying for) them to go to landfill. Green badge earned. A Tuesday beer beckons.