monday an opinion can be argued with; a conviction is best shot

'ning

week looks nippy and without the consolation of sunny

ride, cafes, much gmc-ing, laze, carry on watching i clavdivs
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold ,northerly wind, more work stuff to sort out before I leave, cycling later
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Lovely and sunny here again.
    Trying to work up the energy to stick my shorts on and go and do the shopping.
    WFH and not much else today.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, tired legs and slightly sunburned despite lashings of lotion yesterday.

Work stuff and dad taxi later, hoping to fit in a quick summer bikes ride before the rain arrives
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wfh, wfw, wfh, wfw, wfh is my week. Then a long weekend - hurrah! Going to try and get 120km under my belt this week, or in my legs rather, so I can move back towards the hole in my belt that I'm more accustomed to using.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ai. Learned this morning pal who I've not seen during the past 18 months was blue lighted into hospital on Friday evening, heart attack. 🙁 He's not that old, def not a fatboi, and rel fit. Messaged him and he's replied that ok, stents fitted, got home last night. 👍
    Prompt to self: don't prevaricate, get the longs on and get out there. And I've got my annual MOT booked in a couple of weeks, best cut down on the cheese.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Off into the shed for the usual tidy up. This cleaning mullarkey is like the 'painting the Forth Bridge' thing, I don't know how it attracts so much cr@p.

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb said:

Wfh, wfw, wfh, wfw, wfh is my week. Then a long weekend - hurrah! Going to try and get 120km under my belt this week, or in my legs rather, so I can move back towards the hole in my belt that I'm more accustomed to using.

Stop this inflation.

That works out at 14 miles per working day. Though, on the face of it, your wfw on 2 days this week and I guess your going to pedal 37 miles on two separate days. So i'll let you off.

Sunny. Many chores to do.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Stop this inflation.

That works out at 14 miles per working day. Though, on the face of it, your wfw on 2 days this week and I guess your going to pedal 37 miles on two separate days. So i'll let you off.

If I move to where we're planning to, that schedule would get me 140km under my belt every week - with no extra pedalling at weekends :o:) I'll be as fit as the proverbial butchers dog...

Most of the morning spent dealing with annoying auditors bringing up last minute issues. They are getting short shrift and a touch of sarcasm.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I've a dead arm to end all dead arms today, thank you NHS :)
    Running tonight and got some pork in the slow cooker for pulled pork BBQ wraps on my return.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Stop this inflation.

I don't understand miles when on a bicycle. Only km.

I'll do 45km on each of the wfw days - 16km in, 29 km home, then get a 35 km loop in on lunchtime Weds or Fri. It's a bank holiday weekend, so might do a gentle pedal on Sat or Sun as well.

Once I have some oomph back in my legs then I'll start doing some hill repeats after work too.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Don't remember much about the end of the evening. Pub landlord knocked at the door this morning to laugh at me and give me my phone 🤦 whoops. The EPO said I was just giggling ceaselessly before falling asleep and snoring for 12 hours.
    Feeling a little shabby now for some reason. But it was fun, at least the bits I remember were 😂
    Good job I booked the day off. Wfw tomorrow so should pedal in.
  • thistle_

Afternoon folks,
    Don't remember much about the end of the evening. Pub landlord knocked at the door this morning to laugh at me and give me my phone 🤦 whoops. The EPO said I was just giggling ceaselessly before falling asleep and snoring for 12 hours.
    Feeling a little shabby now for some reason. But it was fun, at least the bits I remember were 😂

It's the bits you can't remember that you need to worry about.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    My god.

I've had enough of this sodding cat. Just spent half an hour cleaning up diarrhea from the upstairs carpet. Come down to find its shatted and pissed all over the hall floor.

How do i go about suggesting the wife has him put down, considering she's the vet and the cat is the love of her life?

The shitting on the floor is becoming a daily occurrence.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    elbowloh said:

My god.

I've had enough of this sodding cat. Just spent half an hour cleaning up diarrhea from the upstairs carpet. Come down to find its shatted and pissed all over the hall floor.

How do i go about suggesting the wife has him put down, considering she's the vet and the cat is the love of her life?

Standard answer is the MF route, hit with a hammer / set fire to it and then Chuck it over the fence
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

My god.

Standard answer is the MF route, hit with a hammer / set fire to it and then Chuck it over the fence
    Then point blank denial. What cat?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    edited April 2021
    It works for pigeons, so...

https://youtu.be/uO3RQKWnGpo
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

My god.

Tricky one, pets. Is it a very old cat? I would say leave it for her to clean up, but you have v young kids so not at all a good idea... My MiL spent 1000's keeping a very old cat alive - it looked like the cat version of Prince Philip - it was all skin/bone/ulcers and can't have been happy, it could barely sit down.

Aside from the hammer/fire/fence/denial route, it's just a very difficult conversation.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    I'd be wary of ultimatums.
    It can get expensive moving out.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • elbowloh
    pblakeney said:

Yeah, definitely not risking the "Its me or the cat".

@hopkinb about 13 years old, diabetic (insulin twice a day), also on steroids, has liver issues and obviously severe irritable bowels.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

@hopkinb about 13 years old, diabetic (insulin twice a day), also on steroids, has liver issues and obviously severe irritable bowels.

Literally the same issues as my MiL's moggy - it hung on for a good 18 months on its last legs - that's a lot of cat shyte to mop up...eventually gave up the ghost aged 15...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    elbowloh said:

My god.

A few strokes and a couple of taps on the head with a hammer was my dads method of dispatching family cats.

Busy day, loads achieved. Was bursting for a wee when I got home, to such a degree that my kidneys were hurting and I nearly passed out! That’s a first 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

Was bursting for a wee when I got home, to such a degree that my kidneys were hurting and I nearly passed out! That’s a first 😕

Are you my daughter? She won't go to the bog at school, keep telling her she'll burst a kidney, she won't listen.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

cats can't say they're suffering or ask for relief

i'm soft as hell when it comes to cats, i'd kill most humans before i'd hurt a cat, but if it's suffering it's time to show the compassion to end that without pain
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

cats can't say they're suffering or ask for relief

i'm soft as hell when it comes to cats, i'd kill most humans before i'd hurt a cat, but if it's suffering it's time to show the compassion to end that without pain
    elbowloh said:

My god.

Can't you get a cork?

Or this: https://www.dog-nappy.co.uk/Cats_Faecal_and_Urinary_Incontinence_payment_page.htm
  • thistle_
    Sat in the garden this afternoon as it was so sunny. Think I've got a bit sunburnt, skin's feeling a bit crispier than usual.
    Got a bike ride in after work in case the weather turns tomorrow like some forecasts are threatening.
    Scabs from Thursday's (mis)adventure are getting picked to great satisfaction.
  • elbowloh
    Bullitt has just started on ITV4.

That opening theme....
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    sungod said:

...i'd kill most humans before i'd hurt a cat, but if it's suffering it's time to show the compassion to end that without pain

This ^.

The cat needs a dignified end.
    ...and there are other cats that need a home.

• pinno
    hopkinb said:

She won't go to the bog at school, keep telling her she'll burst a kidney, she won't listen.

Tricky is the same.
    We have a new one - she'll take her water bottle to school, which is great (because she doesn't drink enough generally) but she'll hold on.
    Then at the weekends, she'll drink very little 'only bottles at school'.

The train crash is coming: 10 yrs old and showing signs of puberty. It's totally cruel: she's still playing with Teddy's and Lego.

• elbowloh
    pinno said:

sungod said:

...i'd kill most humans before i'd hurt a cat, but if it's suffering it's time to show the compassion to end that without pain

This ^.

The cat needs a dignified end.
    ...and there are other cats that need a home.

We're never getting another cat.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    Oh yes you are!
    Love of her life V2.0.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.