Dom Cummings, who would have thought it?

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,474
edited April 2021 in The bottom bracket
I mean, hardly a surprise he’s turned on his former chum Johnson. Mind you’d dodgy Dave Cameron will be pleased someone else is taking up the news.

I wonder what other nuggets he’s garnered after 18 months in government.......

Should be some interesting headlines over the next few weeks as Johnson is looking at a slow political death by a thousand cuts...

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    But the guy is an odious cnutish weirdo with autistic tendencies who broke lockdown rules going on a jolly, so who gives a farq?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    PS I'm not a Tory.
  • slowmart
    pinno said:

But the guy is an odious cnutish weirdo with autistic tendencies who broke lockdown rules going on a jolly, so who gives a farq?

Johnson, the press and hopefully the wider public

Given the reliance on WhatsApp there will be more “interesting” aspects of his time in government.

It also highlights again Johnson’s lack of joined up thinking of what’s going to happen in the future - employing such an individual was always going to end badly with the associated repercussions. Only an idiot would conclude they have control as to when their political career will end.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Sure but Cummings is a manipulative, destructive bstard and Johnson can be benign but mainly a bumbling buffoon.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    pinno said:

Sure but Cummings is a manipulative, destructive bstard and Johnson can be benign but mainly a bumbling buffoon.

Except when he disregards constitutional norms and laws to ram through an idealist agenda? Or was that Dom behind the scenes?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Plus, he's a snipers dream.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133
    pinno said:

Who hired Cummings.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    pinno said:

...Johnson can be...mainly a bumbling buffoon.

Bumbling as in ruffle the hair, pfaw public persona?
    Proportion of buffoon vs lying devious dishonest self-centred narcissist?

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    I'll have to flag this as inappropriate - far too serious for Bottom Bracket :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited April 2021
    pinno said:

Bumbling baffoon is partly an act to hide his harder side / being an utter b@stard. Plus is means he get away with it when he f#cks up, "just Boris being Boris". Even the the choice of using the name "Boris" is part of this false persona.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

Bumbling baffoon is partly an act to hide his harder side / being an utter b@stard. Plus is means he get away with it when he f#cks up, "just Boris being Boris". Even the the choice of using the name "Boris" is part of this false persona.
    Exactly right. I refuse to refer to Johnson as "Boris". It infers some sort of affection, a friendly, nice kind of person.
    You rarely see Thatcher referred to as "Margaret".

“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

This, very much this
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    it'd be pleasing if röhm cummings took down the liar, but the party gleichschaltung is too far along to save the country

we'll just have to wait for him to off himself in the pindar-bunker
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Whatever we think of the government my esteemed and learned consumer of bubbly, it's the self interested, bigoted, and simply thick, who vote them in. They think that the country is being saved, not utterly diminished. Did you see the clip where Campbell was inveighing against De Pfeffel's lies, and the beeb interviewer simply asked "who cares?"

All our businesses with significant EU supply chains are off. There's some work for me to make this happen. There'll be a rump of UK business, but the European hub of my Japanese employer will be Düsseldorf or Dublin, not London.

Even though mini has the good school place just up the road, emigration either to the US or Germany is a "more likely than not".
  • slowmart
    Let’s not forget the Tories eat their own when their leaders electoral mileage runs out

Despite the new intake of right wingers into the Parliamentary party from the last election doesn’t negate a Tory MP’s instinct for self interest and their own re- election.

Desmond Tutu
  • wilberforce
    wilberforce Posts: 294
    slowmart said:

..........a Tory MP’s instinct for self interest and their own re- election.

And you think any of the other MPs are different?. It is the one thing they do all have in common.

PS. I am not a Tory voter
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

Let’s not forget the Tories eat their own when their leaders electoral mileage runs out

Despite the new intake of right wingers into the Parliamentary party from the last election doesn’t negate a Tory MP’s instinct for self interest and their own re- election.

I guess it's a bit of a distraction from the football :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,881
    edited April 2021
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pinno
    ... ___ ...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    .....___.....___.....
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    .....___.....___.....___.....___.....
  • hopkinb
    .......____________________.........................____________________________..................................
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    ____
    _______
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    .-- . .----. .-. . / -.. --- --- -- . -.. -.-.--
  • hopkinb
    We're doomed CM?

• sungod
    i was thinking of fraser, but it also brought to mind...

• hopkinb
    CM = Captain Mainwaring! I even had Fraser in mind when I read it. Facepalm.
  • sungod
    hopkinb said:

CM = Captain Mainwaring! I even had Fraser in mind when I read it. Facepalm.

:smiley:
  • What amused me was his assertion that Boris is lacking in integrity and competence. That's true of ALL politicians, isn't it?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133

What amused me was his assertion that Boris is lacking in integrity and competence. That's true of ALL politicians, isn't it?

That's what people like Johnson want you to think.