Smart trainer upgrade

Hi I’m thinking of upgrading my smart trainer currently I have a Tacx flow I’ve had it 2 years it has been fine but often slips when powering up climbs. I’ve read that a direct drive trainer is a whole better level of trainer ie no slip more accurate a lot more quiet and a lot better road feel. Would this be true The trainer I would be looking to buy is the elite direto from wiggle for £499 that’s my budget

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Little bit more expensive but I bought a tacx flux s about a month ago and it’s very good. Quietist I’ve used and seems consistent enough. The elite is in the same bracket so is likely excellent
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    As above I have had the Tacx Flux S for about 18 months now works fine, only problem is the app is a bit flaky.
  • We got an Elite Direto a few months ago, worked well straight out of the box, no problems with connecting to devices.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    I went from a Tacx Vortex to a Kickr Core. Much better but at 2.5 times the price, it should be.

I am more inclined to train on the Core than I was on the Vortex.
  • Bought the elite direto from wiggle it arrived last Wednesday. I sent it straight back as it had been used that’s the thing with wiggle they let you send stuff back up to 365 days from purchase I’ve decide to go with the Tacx flux s now it’s £49 more. And I’m buying it from a different shop than wiggle hopefully it will come brand spanking new 👍
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    navrig2 said:

I went from a Tacx Vortex to a Kickr Core. Much better but at 2.5 times the price, it should be.

I am more inclined to train on the Core than I was on the Vortex.

Same here except was from a dumb Tacx Blue Motion from 2014...