FS Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Ultegra with Hollowgram SRM Power Meter - Hardly Ridden.

Team green. I have a bevvy of rides so this was hardly used. Full Ultegra. SRM Hollogram Power Meter Team issue. As I say, as new. The Power Meter alone retailed for £2,500 back in the day. Calipers but don't let that put you off. I'll show you downhills across Europe in Strava. Asking £2,500 all in - will throw in the original - non SRM Hollogram if you want to sell the SRM

Comments

• What size is this ?
  • airwise
    airwise Posts: 237
    Sorry. It's 54cm. Hollowgram is 172.5.
  • airwise
    Reserved pending the lifting of the travel restrictions. Someone is a lucky chap!
  • airwise
    I've not heard back and really do need the space so, the same mint Synapse HM with Hollogram SRM £1750 for a very quick sale. It's an absolute steal and I genuinely cannot think of a better ride for UK roads or for many a climb across the Alps or Dolomites.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Do you have a link to any pictures please?

What year is it??

And any details on the spec - although if I have the year I might be able to find it.
    I see you say Ultegra - is that 6800?

Is it all stock, any altered parts - presumably the SRM is a complete crankset?
    And you have the original crankset, or is it just a crank arm?

Thanks
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Also - where are you based in case it's close enough for a prospective purchaser to view and collect.
    Forum rules state that you need to include pics of the actual bike. Absence of pics, as indicated by daniel_b, is not helping
  • airwise
    edited March 2021
    Apologies. I'm not seeing the replies and have a form of dementia.

It's 2015 with 6800 yes. Yes to all Daniel. Because of my condition I've no idea how to get a pic as it seems I can't upload. I'm based in South Bucks. Ah! I think I've worked it out! The original, Fabric, saddle is back on it - so unused.
  • airwise

• airwise
    Still sitting here needing a home for the Summer. Only because I'm not allowed to ride anymore for medical reasons otherwise it would be staying. As I say 54cm. That's been the issue for others. They've needed a different size. Really priced to go now.
  • airwise
    Just to say, I can't attach a picture - not because I do not have plenty but because the forum's setup does not allow a direct upload (the only way people like me can do it.) Any requests, exchange emails and I'll send some lovely pics. Still sitting doing nothing. I can't even ride an eBike 10 miles now...
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Direct upload now available.
  • dzim897
    dzim897 Posts: 1
    Hi what is your email so I can have the pictures
  • airwise
    edited May 2021
    Hi Apologies to those. I don't appear here that often and I don't appear to get messages. Still sadly, no idea how to get a lovely picture on here as all options as for an url and none of my images have one. Any mod who can help would be really appreciated. I'm not young... I'm open to sensible options, simply because I cannot ride anymore. Say £1,500 The same with a Saris H3 turbo that's sitting in the garage - used all of 5 hours! £300 Email me at travellingman@me.com or, if possible, a moderator could help us all out.
  • airwise
    edited August 2021
    Still here. When I see some of the rigid masochistic fashion fests on the British roads these days I wonder what's more important. Riding fast and comfortably or the coffee stop discussion on bike parts... :) try me on michaeljai63@gmail.com
  • has it gone?
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2021
    I dropped the owner Michael an e-mail on travellingman@me.com, as I was curious to see this bike too.

I have two 54cm Synapses, so was interested to see this one in team colours and hi mod finish.
    It's a beauty, but I can't really justify it for either myself or my brother who was a potential recipient.

Going to see if I can attach the pictures - currently not giving me a direct upload option......

Picture upload seems to not be working - direct upload accepts the file, but then does nothing with it, and I am unable to drap and drop, or copy and paste into it like I usually can :-(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • airwise
    Sorry folks for some reason the site doesn't give me a note and I rarely come on here (it brings back too many memories!). I'm the same - I can't just upload a picture or more. Do feel free to email me as daniel kindly said. I can send plenty of current pictures that way.
  • airwise
    She's still here which seems such a shame in the middle of a British Summer...Remember you are getting one of these included - still the best on the market so effectively the bike itself is free as the SRM spider alone costs over £1500.

• airwise
    Happy to take the SRM off if that's a concern. It's selling used for circa £500 so I'd do the bike with the original Si BB30 crank on it for £1000 plus any costs for the swap over. Might as well have both chainsets though if you ask me. If you get serious, there is no finer option out there than an SRM.
  • airwise
    edited August 2021
    All of you, this is still sitting in my living room :) In early 2016, I suffered a brain injury on the turbo whilst training. I've not been able to ride since then as it's tied to bikes. Everything I have has not been touch since 2016.

This is a raceworthy bike with the best power meter you can get - even to this day. No discs but you don't need them. PM me and I'll send you a STRAVA precis if you want and my times are 5 years old. This is a steal for someone.

Message me for a picture as I simply can't work out how to get one on here! Hopefully, looking above, you get an insight into the brain injury :blush:
  • airwise
    edited August 2021
    So the pictures are seemingly showing on my profile if you can click on that. Oh I wish this was as easy as riding a bike :) Do take a look at Strava. Just to see the "advantage" of discs. I've done 8.48 on the descent from Alpe D'Huez (with all its hairpins) for instance (averaging 56kph) and most of the top times are using traditional brakes and rims.
  • airwise
    edited September 2021
    54cm. Just a top you as it's still sitting unused in the living room. As a genuinely experienced rider (over 200 cols and still a few KOM's), I honestly cannot think of a better bike for Britain's roads. I've owned Super sixes, Colnagos, Cervelos, S Works etc. All (with the exception of a C64) are so much less comfortable, nastier and no faster than the Synapse. Given that the SRM remains the reference, it's a crazy bargain for a real rider. email me travellingman@me.com as there's loads I cannot work out how to do on here at my age :)
  • daniel_b
    edited September 2021
    @airwise do you have any friends, or family who would be able to list this and the turbo on facebook marketplace for you?

They would reach a far wider audience on there, and I think you would definitely get a buyer - although we're late in the year now, so you've likely only got a window for serious buyers of another 4 weeks, and then personally I would hang on until spring next year.

For reference I just sold my 2016 Synapse which is not Hi Mod, but has Ultegra Di2 AND discs for £1950 with quality pedals.

If you can find someone to list it for you, I'd suggest it is advertised with the power meter, and maybe start at something like £2300, as you are bound to get offers.

I had a few lowball chancers with poor communication skills, and the defacto "I want to buy it but I'll send the money to you via a courier, and then will arrange for the bike to be collected" so just be wary of those.

Avoid cycleexchange, I sent them details of my bike and they offered me £1050!

If you do have to wait until spring next year, there will still be demand I am sure, as new bikes are not meant to be reaching the public until May time at earliest so I gather - so if you listed it early March, I reckon you would get it sold by the end of that month.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • airwise
    Just a last pop with you all. I don't need to sell it, never head done. Just figured that a bike with this spec would be an upgrade for just about anyone out there.

So it's heading onto a turbo at the end of next week to be permanently run indoors. It seems such a shame but, at the same time, people are seemingly fixated on the latest marketing sprees so I might well keep it for the memories.