Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

roundabouts. I hate roundabouts.

I love a good roundabout. There's a couple on the stretch of road from Walton to Hampton (not expecting you to know where), with good sight lines, and normally with the prevailing wind behind you. If you're a d1ck like me, you can pretend ike you're in a race and take the "racing line" at a reasonable lick. Not today though, wind was in the wrong direction, I'm farking unfit, and it was "enjoy the weather from inside a metal box in a queue of other metal boxes" day.

Still, lovely day for a short spin when the traffic eased up.
    Plus potato, assume there is 1k to go as I enter the roundabout with a slim margin over the field
    ...and after descending off the Galibier having mashed it and nearly blowing at about 50m from the top*.

*That's that little bump outside Lochans that sometimes doubles up as the Forest of Arenberg.
    That forest was the end of my enjoyment of cobbles
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Having a nice bottle tonight before a good long break to help lose the (ahem) kg I've packed on since October. Reset the old liver and brain too.

Cheers.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    Cheers Hb. Enjoy. Though me, sensible? Nah pal, ah'm ain o' thae loony loons.

Barbie barbieing, first beer opened. Out of the barsteward cold NE wind. Sorted.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    edited April 2021
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

roundabouts. I hate roundabouts.

I love a good roundabout. There's a couple on the stretch of road from Walton to Hampton (not expecting you to know where), with good sight lines, and normally with the prevailing wind behind you. If you're a d1ck like me, you can pretend ike you're in a race and take the "racing line" at a reasonable lick. Not today though, wind was in the wrong direction, I'm farking unfit, and it was "enjoy the weather from inside a metal box in a queue of other metal boxes" day.

Still, lovely day for a short spin when the traffic eased up.
    Plus potato, assume there is 1k to go as I enter the roundabout with a slim margin over the field
    ...and after descending off the Galibier having mashed it and nearly blowing at about 50m from the top*.

*That's that little bump outside Lochans that sometimes doubles up as the Forest of Arenberg.
    That forest was the end of my enjoyment of cobbles
    They used to come down it at silly speeds. At the bottom is where Museeuw had the accident where he smashed his kneecap and nearly lost his leg.
    Then they changed it.

Slippery under the trees innit?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!