Giro d'Italia 2021

MattFalle
MattFalle Posts: 11,644
Hello

Just a quickie - does anyone know what tv channels this will be on - non Eurosport household, so BBC Wales/ITV4?

Many thanks

M
The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.

Comments

• In terms of free to air, highlights will be on Quest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited March 2021
    S4C have had free to air live coverage the past two years.
    Hopefully they will again this year.
    Usually the last 2 hours and a half of each stage.
    (I mention this because 17 stages are due to be covered in full, this year)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    ITV4 cover P-N, Dauphine, Tour & Vuelta as its all in their deal with ASO I think.

Think the only other race on there is Tour of Britain.
  • MattFalle

ITV4 cover P-N, Dauphine, Tour & Vuelta as its all in their deal with ASO I think.

Think the only other race on there is Tour of Britain.

grazie!
  • MattFalle

S4C have had free to air live coverage the past two years.
    Hopefully they will again this year.
    Usually the last 2 hours and a half of each stage.
    (I mention this because 17 stages are due to be covered in full, this year)

coolio - grazie! yup, hopefully each stage begining to end...
  • MattFalle

In terms of free to air, highlights will be on Quest

grazie!
  • blazing_saddles
    Going to post this here, as it looks maybe to have thrown The Silver Fox/Swiss Tony's team a lifeline.

I mean is anyone surprised, given Luca Scinto's record?

Savio popping the champagne and munching the popcorn.....
  • blazing_saddles
    The door should now be open for Swiss Tony and his team, as Vini Zabu jump before they were pushed.

Meanwhile, from his recently acquired hospital bed.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Would be mightily impressed if he made it to the Giro - as someone who quite recently had a similar wrist break (different bone) which also required surgery...
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551

The door should now be open for Swiss Tony and his team, as Vini Zabu jump before they were pushed.

Or Arkea?

Friebe said that someone from RCS said they would rather castrate themselves than invite Savio now after the grief he gave them...

• blazing_saddles
    dish_dash said:

Or Arkea?

Friebe said that someone from RCS said they would rather castrate themselves than invite Savio now after the grief he gave them...

Listening to Valencianna commentary and Jose Been just said that Savio has got it.
    She’s usually got the inside track.

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Yeah... I'm seeing that on twitter also. The logical option even though I'd quite like to have seen Quintana ride the Giro again.
  • yorkshireraw
    Do Androni have anyone who is likely to have chance to do something meaningful, rather than just be doomed-breakaway fodder?

• Do Androni have anyone who is likely to have chance to do something meaningful, rather than just be doomed-breakaway fodder?

They've got the Eritrean kid Tesfatsion, who is tipped to be good (he's on a Savio Special contract)
  • yorkshireraw

Do Androni have anyone who is likely to have chance to do something meaningful, rather than just be doomed-breakaway fodder?

They've got the Eritrean kid Tesfatsion, who is tipped to be good (he's on a Savio Special contract)
    Thanks.

I'd have rather seen someone like Uno-X have the shot to be honest.

• blazing_saddles
    It seems that both Pinot (extremely) and Bernal (somewhat) are both doubtful to take the start in Turin, due to those recurring back problems.
  • It seems that both Pinot (extremely) and Bernal (somewhat) are both doubtful to take the start in Turin, due to those recurring back problems.

I thought Bernal was recovering well but seems not. This back issue could be a difficult one to manage moving forwards.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555

It seems that both Pinot (extremely) and Bernal (somewhat) are both doubtful to take the start in Turin, due to those recurring back problems.

Confirmation about Pinot
    https://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Thibaut-pinot-renonce-au-tour-d-italie/1245834
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348

I thought Bernal was recovering well but seems not. This back issue could be a difficult one to manage moving forwards.
    I suspect one off days (or even weeks) are a different prospect to 3 weeks of GT. He's got time...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892

If Bernal isn't riding then surely Adam Yates will take his place? He's in super form and it seems madness to "just" do the Vuelta.
  • blazing_saddles
    It seems that even Cyclingnews, despite making a headline out of the rumours coming out of Italy, have "sources confirming that Bernal is riding the Giro...."

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ineos-grenadiers-play-down-reports-that-egan-bernal-could-miss-giro-ditalia-due-to-back-problem/
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Groenewgen is on the start list for jumbo
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    Giro team presentation is live on GCN/Eurosport player, next Thursday at 5pm.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • MattFalle

Giro team presentation is live on GCN/Eurosport player, next Thursday at 5pm.

bennissimo - grazie mille!

we can all look at my house.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243

Unbelievable the guy is at the Giro.

Broke his wrist what, 4/5 weeks ago, and needed surgery on it, and he's about to ride the Giro?

I did the same, (albeit a different break) in early October and I was only back on the Turbo in Jan and on the road in Feb. Even then, I'm still having consultations with the surgeon.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    If these are all the GC team leaders:

Bernal, Vlasov, Landa, Buchmann, Evenepoel/Almeida, Carthy, Martin, Bennett, Soler, Yates, Hindley, Pozzovivo, Nibali, Formolo

then Yates should be brimming with confidence about this race. All the rest have question marks.

Really looking forward to this.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Here’s a virtual museum of the Maglia Rosa. It’s really well done

https://virtualtour.linelab.net/virtuals/magliarosa90anni/
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    edited May 2021

If these are all the GC team leaders:

Bernal, Vlasov, Landa, Buchmann, Evenepoel/Almeida, Carthy, Martin, Bennett, Soler, Yates, Hindley, Pozzovivo, Nibali, Formolo

then Yates should be brimming with confidence about this race. All the rest have question marks.

Really looking forward to this.

Really surprised Adam Yates isn't riding it as he seems in pretty good form. To not do a GT before the Vuelta seems a criminal waste. With such uncertainty around Bernal, you'd have to put Simon Yates as the overwhelming favourite for the race, with perhaps Landa as 2nd favourite.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Ineos: Bernal, Castroviejo, Ganna, Martinez, Moscon, Narvaez, Puccio, Sivakov