saturday not marching now in fields of thrasymene

'ning

another nippy start

ride cafes may bask later, perhaps concoct my infamous high-chilli turkey keema
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just about to take Tigger out, I seem to have the day planned out, but not by myself, hopefully will be out cycling later on
    Have a good day
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    What time do you lot get up at the weekend. Crazy people
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Flâneur said:

What time do you lot get up at the weekend. Crazy people

A couple of hours before you 😀

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Ride back home whilst hoping the kids have taken the hounds out.

Sort builders and then a few jobs before dad taxi stuff.

Later is another home kit meal thing and ale
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning. Drove down to the shire last night, no space for bikes in the car unfortunately :(

Pub this evening I suspect for the first time in months. Not sure on the in between bit before then.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Having tea in bed surrounded by kids, will go for a walk later this morning.

Step-dad coming over this afternoon to sit in the garden and meet his granddaughter for the first time.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Obviously I had to look it up. The spelling was new to me, as was the battle, despite having stayed near there for a week once many years ago. In the hills above Castiglion Fiorentino. Visited Cortona, Arezzo, Citta di Castello.

Tennis with mini, then much loafing, as Mrs H³ is visiting various friends. A short pedal may also be on the cards, though I also have to play invigilator while the boy does a test.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning
    Feeling rough, no alcohol/running/bikes involved either.
    Might go for a walk later to keep the tan lines crisp.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Flâneur said:

Crazy people

Without doubt.

Glorious day. I shall be mowstly finishing the fitting of an interior to a mini.
    This is a converted City with a bored out 1275 engine, walnut dash (not Rokee VN), painted in metallic Tahiti blue. Stainless steel everything from bonnet hinges to wiper blades, door catches etc.
    Spend is in excess of what I spent buying Porker #2.

He was offered an 'open cheque' for it 18 months ago - should have taken it and got a Cooper.

What will be interesting, is the 5 speed box with overdrive (apparently and not a Jack Knight).

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Porridged, coffeed, run in about 20 minutes.

Since Mrs GTi has destroyed another oven we’re expecting the replacement at some point so that’ll be done. SWA cables from last weekend need clipping. New mirror for the hallway to hang. Sweet home Alabama to practice on the guitar in preparation for playing in staff briefing next Friday. CPD session to plan. Fun day...
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Morning, taxi duty done, dog walked, hangover walked off, still waiting for boiler to be fixed boiling pans of water is becoming a bit boring after 7 days.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start is being enjoyed. Wasn't going to drink last night as a boozy weekend is on the cards. Pizzas weren't ready when I went to pick them up, so I had a pint while I waited. Lad turned up at about 8, so we went to the pub.
    Off to look at stuff in the old dear's loft shortly, then walk on the common with big sis, maybe a pint at the Hand then drinks with friends this evening.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Off for a rumble in the rough and tumble in a bit, once late breakfast has moved down the system. Gravel and bridleways = no roundabouts. I hate roundabouts.

Replacement rear wheel, 2nd warranty switch due to rubbish and unserviceable Formula hubs, due to arrive today / tomorrow. Wonder how long this one will last. I can see a call to Malcolm OTP in the near future.

Could be barbie 'n' beers laterz.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Run done. Longest yet. 4.8 miles but average pace was 12:22 so a bit of a plod. I blame teen GTi who, to be fair, makes suffering noises a dying animal would be proud of. But he did it so I am proud.
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

roundabouts. I hate roundabouts.

I love a good roundabout. There's a couple on the stretch of road from Walton to Hampton (not expecting you to know where), with good sight lines, and normally with the prevailing wind behind you. If you're a d1ck like me, you can pretend ike you're in a race and take the "racing line" at a reasonable lick. Not today though, wind was in the wrong direction, I'm farking unfit, and it was "enjoy the weather from inside a metal box in a queue of other metal boxes" day.

Still, lovely day for a short spin when the traffic eased up.
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

Run done. Longest yet. 4.8 miles but average pace was 12:22 so a bit of a plod. I blame teen GTi who, to be fair, makes suffering noises a dying animal would be proud of. But he did it so I am proud.

That awesome dude, well done
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

I love a good roundabout. There's a couple on the stretch of road from Walton to Hampton (not expecting you to know where), with good sight lines, and normally with the prevailing wind behind you. If you're a d1ck like me, you can pretend ike you're in a race and take the "racing line" at a reasonable lick. Not today though, wind was in the wrong direction, I'm farking unfit, and it was "enjoy the weather from inside a metal box in a queue of other metal boxes" day.

Plus potato, assume there is 1k to go as I enter the roundabout with a slim margin over the field
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

Horton roundabouts between Epsom and Chessington, there's about 5 of them with good stretches if fast road between them, not very busy on a weekend, you can absolutely fly along that stretch it's brilliant fun!

There's at least one Strava segment for the whole thing.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

Plus potato, assume there is 1k to go as I enter the roundabout with a slim margin over the field
    :smile:

That's the spirit, preferably with a bit of a gurn going on and your tongue hanging out like a hot labrador - none of this stony-faced-i'm-not-really-trying nonsense.
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

Horton roundabouts between Epsom and Chessington, there's about 5 of them with good stretches if fast road between them, not very busy on a weekend, you can absolutely fly along that stretch it's brilliant fun!

Ta Elbow.

That's not far from me, will look it out and give it a go. The roads round ewell/epsom/chessington are awful though, proper boneshakers. Is the tarmac decent for this bit?
  • elbowloh
    edited April 2021
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

Ta Elbow.

That's not far from me, will look it out and give it a go. The roads round ewell/epsom/chessington are awful though, proper boneshakers. Is the tarmac decent for this bit?
    Yeah, smooth as glass
    https://strava.app.link/4el0CnJsIfb
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

Ta Elbow.

Yeah, smooth as glass
    https://strava.app.link/4el0CnJsIfb
    Ta. Appreciate that!
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

I love a good roundabout. There's a couple on the stretch of road from Walton to Hampton (not expecting you to know where), with good sight lines, and normally with the prevailing wind behind you. If you're a d1ck like me, you can pretend ike you're in a race and take the "racing line" at a reasonable lick. .
    It's reassuring to know I'm not the only person who thinks like that.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Spent a few hours this afternoon carefully dismantling the remains of a glasshouse, which is in the weirdest spot they could have picked to set it up. Lots of cracked glass panes, rusted fasteners and overgrown vines to deal with, but survived with no significant flesh wounds.

Other half thinks it would be useful to relocate it to somewhere. :s
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Anyone want an old calendar

Found it in the loft along with lots of old junk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422

I'll swap you for an old copy of FHM I found in the loft when clearing out.

Busy day and am now getting well acquainted with the bloke at the entrance to our local tip. Mrs. 666 is in tidying frenzy mode as we're getting estate agents round next week to value the house. Mind you, its mostly her clutter so she can tidy it. Will do the study later myself. Then it'll be back to clearing more shyte from the loft.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Ride rided. Luvverly pint at village pub stop 10 mins from home. Pub very very busy, lots of covered outdoor space, and they've converted their carpark into marquees and tables. Good to see pubs getting trade in after all this frozen time.

No roundabouts! I gladly trade off sore wrists from all the vibrations for absence of richardhead drivers. I've had the road bike out once so far this year...

Ok, it's sideways, stupid website can't handle portrait orientation images. But you get the sense.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

...and after descending off the Galibier having mashed it and nearly blowing at about 50m from the top*.

*That's that little bump outside Lochans that sometimes doubles up as the Forest of Arenberg.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh

When you say junk...?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    edited April 2021
    Heheh. We're all as daft as each other. Except 'loon. He's sensible. I've never understood the off-road thing, though never tried it properly.

Although it was busy out there today, most drivers were courteous. There's a double white line stretch on the route I took today, and although it was a tailwind so I could clip along at a reasonable rate, he waited behind at a decent distance. Then I had a better view as the road opened up and waved him through early. A wave and a flash of the hazards in thanks.

From all the communting, I am very assertive with my road positioning though.

As I always say to entitled tw@ts, when I inevitably catch up with them, "if you were really in a hurry, you'd have blue lights and a siren, and I'd pull over, if you're late, you should have left earlier, and if you can't cope with everyone who uses the road, from horses, to bikes, to pedestrians, you should have your licence revoked".

Obviously that sometimes is expressed less eloquently.