friday they shall never take our pineapples

'ning

nippier

ride, cafe, webex, perhaps bask until lazing time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty clear skies, tigger walked and now sleeping on his favourite chair, cereals and coffee for my self, cycling early, cleaning out the garden shed later, see what other junk is hidden away
    Have a god day
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning all. Doggo walked, another nice but chilly start and multiple outfits needed for the day's cycle commute. First week off work all year next week, much needed! Heading home to the motherland for a bit. Just one more day to get through first!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Walk hounds, rest foot so another day of ditching the planned run, work stuff, early dart and cycle over to the old town for drinks with pals 😎
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Late start today. Bus strike so taking the kids to school.

@lincolndave could you clean out my garden shed please. Something big living in there judging by the mess made to one of the lounge chair cushions. Could be an MF so you might need to arm yourself with a stale focaccia ready to tw@t him on the head when he tries to makes a run for it.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Little bstards have had my pineapple. There's melon, and apples, but the pineapple is gone.

I think we have an MF living in the hole where the front room radiator pipe goes into the floor. It lives on the crisp packets and biscuit crumbs left by the boy, and leaves little black turds everywhere. Mouse or MF? Maybe I'll leave a London Dynamo jersey out, and a hunt wheel with assorted ultegra bits. A mouse would ignore that lot. An MF would hammer/burn/ chuck. 100% accurate test.

Wfh. Look out of window at sunshine. I shall ride out tomorrow as planned. Or Sunday.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Salut,

Not walked the dog yet and she is getting thoroughly annoyed. However some students being needy AF on the emails overnight has delayed it. Not helped by the behaviour of some staff. Oh well once done I'll walk over the hill to the coffee shop and deal with the follow up in the sunshine.

May play some golf this evening after a poor, but better than expected ramp test, last night. Then over to Snowdonia on Sunday to find some climbing legs
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Flâneur said:

Then over to Snowdonia on Sunday to find some climbing legs

Recommend going early as the place was overrun with nobbers last weekend.

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

Flâneur said:

By the look of it, it is going to be this weekend.......

Unfortunately snowdon is our final climb, so I imagine it will be crap even on Watkins
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Flâneur said:

Unfortunately snowdon is our final climb, so I imagine it will be censored even on Watkins
    I'm sure you can find somewhere to bask in the sun for a few hours until they all bugger off.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Flâneur said:

Unfortunately snowdon is our final climb, so I imagine it will be censored even on Watkins
    I'm sure you can find somewhere to bask in the sun for a few hours until they all censored off.
    Just miss the final 20 meters and 2,000 nobheads is the plan, finish as soon as possible as there is cider in the pub to be enjoyed
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Work with a lunchtime bike ride in the middle. I'll, try not to be a 'London Dynamo' while I'm out and ride very considerately. Might do a bit of house contents sorting later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Look at that sunshine 😎

Pootle out to a village pub lunchtime, meet up with some mates (plus assorted missuses and hangers on) for a few beers in the sunshine. Wobble back, laze about. Plan.

Q: in these weird days how does one meet up with 17 others at a pub?
    A: book 3 adjacent tables.

Simples innit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    If it was an Elbow, just sprinkle salad cream about the place*.

*There's vulgar euphemism in there.

Sunny. Got compost, found sunnies (in the grass), going pedalling.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Working from home, so I'm sitting in a rocking chair watching Poirot with an 8 week old in my arms and a two year old leaning against my legs whilst he plays with magnets. Obviously not getting a lot done.

Can you sprinkle salad cream?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    elbowloh said:

If you have the correct device.
    Poirot? You poor basket.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Poirot? You poor basket.

Mrs H³ loves a bit of Poirot. Almost as much as she hates me say 'aysteeeeengs' in a stupid exaggerated accent whenever I find her watching it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    wfh today, the EPO insisted I stick around in case the strange man with the tortured bicycle turned up again.
    Looks nice out, not thatI've been out in it of course. We havea couple of wood pigeons that have set up home in a bush about 8' away from the back door. Not the most sensible place for a nest, it's barely above the level of the fence. Neighbour reckons squirrels will be after the eggs. I thought I might be able to answer the question of why you never see baby pigeons. Very glad it's Friday, long weekend ahead of me as I've got Monday off.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    More bl00dy taxi duty today, seems to be all I do lately is drive around to appointments for other people. At least today I got a free lunch out of it.

By the time we got home today there was not really enough time left to do much useful, so a bit of minor tw@tting about in the shed was it.

Excellent green curry for dinner.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    thistle_ said:

Flâneur said:

Can imagine, I tend to have parked up i n Betws and be on the road by 8am so hopefully I'll just have to dodge the drivers and then sigh heavily whilst getting my pizza at the end. We shall see, worst case park up towards Llanwrst and not go on the trails.

Side note - who goes on zwift for the immersive scenery? C'mon own up
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Finishing work, playing taxi driver.

Being sent to middle of nowhere in Scotland layer this year for a few weeks. Scotland. Pinno, I'll be knocking on your door.

Scotland.

Ffs.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Being sent to middle of nowhere in Scotland layer this year for a few weeks. Scotland. Pinno, I'll be knocking on your door.

Scotland.

Ffs.

Nice place for cycling
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Poirot? You poor basket.

Mrs H³ loves a bit of Poirot. Almost as much as she hates me say 'aysteeeeengs' in a stupid exaggerated accent whenever I find her watching it.
    Poirot is quality, the original books are brilliant too.

Intended to cut the grass at lunchtime, but instead spent about 20mins cleaning up about 10 cat poos and hosing it all down instead. Will cut it tomorrow.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Why did you hose down the cat poo?
  • hopkinb
    Dunno if he can fit a bike in that massive bergen full of hello kitty plasters and calpol. Maybe a Brompton.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Scotland.

Ffs.

Nice place for cycling
    We'll be out in the middle of utter nowhere where its meant to beautiful so a mtb/graveller would've tocked, but, alas ....

going to use it as an opportunity to scope out the local scene for future potential returns.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Dunno if he can fit a bike in that massive bergen full of hello kitty plasters and calpol. Maybe a Brompton.

maybe get a trailer and shoooooom around.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321

Afternoon folks,
    wfh today, the EPO insisted I stick around in case the strange man with the tortured bicycle turned up again.
    Looks nice out, not thatI've been out in it of course. We havea couple of wood pigeons that have set up home in a bush about 8' away from the back door. Not the most sensible place for a nest, it's barely above the level of the fence. Neighbour reckons squirrels will be after the eggs. I thought I might be able to answer the question of why you never see baby pigeons. Very glad it's Friday, long weekend ahead of me as I've got Monday off.

Caught a pair of wood pigeons bonking on my fence yesterday, in broad daylight! Absolutely no shame whatsoever. Lots of necking going on too. Quite sweet actually.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    nibnob21 said:

Why did you hose down the cat poo?

Because in a lot of cases it was runny and left bits on the grass.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Scotland.

Ffs.

Nice place for cycling
    We'll be out in the middle of utter nowhere where its meant to beautiful so a mtb/graveller would've tocked, but, alas ....

going to use it as an opportunity to scope out the local scene for future potential returns.
    YOu know how some paramedics go round on MTBs, can you not get issued a forces bike in camo colours?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

Caught a pair of wood pigeons bonking on my fence yesterday, in broad daylight! Absolutely no shame whatsoever. Lots of necking going on too. Quite sweet actually.
    Don't mean to one-up you, but we've got a three way going on. 2 blokes having a go at one lady pigeon. Utterly disgraceful, I can barely tear my eyes away.