'ning

nippy, sunny forecast but might be a bit too breezy for outdoor lazing

ride cafe webex cafe webex laze etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited April 2021
    Hounds, run, work, not deal with builders as wife is home and then ale in sunshine
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty , less wind, blue skies, cycling, , taking up old decking later
    Have a good day
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning, hope everyone is well. Wonder how many more members of LD we'll unintentionally offend today.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Too much beer not enough sleep.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Morning.

WFH starting with two hour Teams meeting.

Boy has his first "Playball" class later on this morning, where 2-3 year olds learn basic ball skills for a variety or sports footy, tennis, cricket etc

That will be fun to watch!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    elbowloh said:

Morning.

Boy has his first "Playball" class later on this morning, where 2-3 year olds learn basic ball skills for a variety or sports footy, tennis, cricket etc

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Never mind getting out of Denver, getting out of bed...? More coffee matron.

Have a 60 mile round trip to come, truck not bike, furthest I will have driven it in almost a year, strange days. Collect some kit 'n' bits to further garden restoration project at daughter's. Might strike lucky at a nursery, tree type, and pick up a flowering cherry, which seem in remarkably short supply this spring. Probably container loads backed up in Felixstowe, we all know why.

Looks nice out. Laze or bike later? Tbd
  • tlw1

Morning folks,
    Too much beer not enough sleep.

As it should be
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning ladies,

Another sunny day, another puppy walk done. emails done, time to open Teams for a day of shit shows I suspect.

Evening is ruined, Club AGM, at least it should be very quick given I sent nearly all the information by email. Any bets on spanner in the works?

May go look for a new mountain bike on those auction sites.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Morning.

Fingers crossed
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    Flâneur said:

Morning ladies,

Another sunny day, another puppy walk done. emails done, time to open Teams for a day of censored shows I suspect.

Evening is ruined, Club AGM, at least it should be very quick given I sent nearly all the information by email. Any bets on spanner in the works?

As if anyone is going to read their emails...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Get shot of dogs for the day, then go scope out a house. Not a viewing but a recce to see what the outside and immediate area is like. Work this afternoon, bloody auditors.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Flâneur said:

Morning ladies,

Another sunny day, another puppy walk done. emails done, time to open Teams for a day of censored shows I suspect.

Ooh I love a good AGM me. Check everyone is doing their job proper like, accounts tally. “Any other business?”
    Yep, just one more inane question to drag it out a bit longer.

Make sure you throw a few F’s into Jackie Weaver before she takes over the whole shebang.
  • tlw1
    Ferkin dogs, cat and unnamed human spoiling the builders work

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

No "TLW woz ere" written in it though.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Communt took longer than it used to.

Going to blame the traffic and the shitfrastructure, which has been plastered all over my route in to work. It might give novices the illusion of safety, but you can still be left or right hooked as easily as before (probably more easily because you think you're "safe", and aren't concentrating properly, and the less said about those godawful bus stop "bypasses" that go behind the bus stop over a speed hump zebra crossing the better.

Definitely not the fatness and unfitness, nor the stinking hangover, which was blown away to some extent by the ride. Now sitting in the office thinking about pastries and what to have for lunch. Should actually be thinking about losing weight.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    tlw1 said:

You weren't going to leave it bare anyway, shirley?
    I have cat prints from over 20 years ago - on the outside concrete.

Sunny here. Shed load of wood for kindling awaits me... Oh, the joys.

See what shiny bits may come in the post.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    elbowloh said:

True, but at least I can say information is in the email. And thank god Seano isn't in the club, be there all night with his inane questions trolling me.

Notice how TLW didn't name the spouse or children

Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Flâneur said:

elbowloh said:

True, but at least I can say information is in the email. And thank god Seano isn't in the club, be there all night with his inane questions trolling me.

Notice how TLW didn't name the spouse or children

Can’t remember the names
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

You weren't going to leave it bare anyway, shirley?
    I have cat prints from over 20 years ago - on the outside concrete.

Sunny here. Shed load of wood for kindling awaits me... Oh, the joys.

See what shiny bits may come in the post.
    Was going to be some new terracotta tiles, but the colour is far too different. So something to match the doors apparently
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

bright and sunny chilled out day. Drafting thread is going well, LD man seems to fail to realise that his club is websters.

gym already gymmed but going back later.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    seanoconn said:

Flâneur said:

Morning ladies,

Ooh I love a good AGM me. Check everyone is doing their job proper like, accounts tally. “Any other business?”
    Yep, just one more inane question to drag it out a bit longer.

Make sure you throw a few F’s into Jackie Weaver before she takes over the whole shebang.
    I've given the last couple of ours a miss because the agenda goes out of the window in the first 5 minutes and they spend 2 hours discussing and agreeing changes to the club TT which never get implemented anyway.
  • Flâneur
    People just need to remember its about riding a bike, oh wait that isnt why they joined a club.

I ventured into the drafting thread and quickly left
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Ordinary day, bit windy, occasional showers. Did some prep on skirting boards for painting, faffed with router table setup in shed for balustrade work. Smashed up some reject tiles, and a few other clean-up jobs.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    The City is a bit busier - plenty of drinkers outside the pubs, most of the food outlets are open again. I feel an early bail coming on, a gentle jaunt along the hembankment and along New Kings Road to Putney, then a quick dart towards Barnes and home through Richmond Park.

@veronese68 - are you wfw or wfh today?
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Morning, nice commute into town and back out again. Meetings all morning and Fire Warden training this afternoon. Online Fire Warden training could possibly be the most boring thing possible.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    tetley10 said:

Morning, nice commute into town and back out again. Meetings all morning and Fire Warden training this afternoon. Online Fire Warden training could possibly be the most boring thing possible.

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

The City is a bit busier - plenty of drinkers outside the pubs, most of the food outlets are open again. I feel an early bail coming on, a gentle jaunt along the hembankment and along New Kings Road to Putney, then a quick dart towards Barnes and home through Richmond Park.

I’m busy after work today hop but thanks for asking...
  • seanoconn
    tetley10 said:

I’ll see your fire warden training and raise you risk assessment training
  • hopkinb
    edited April 2021
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

I’m busy after work today hop but thanks for asking...
    You don't live on my long way home do you seano? I was only going to pop in and relieve V68 of a cup of tea and see if Mrs V68 had been baking! Next time I'll see if I can pop by casa seano for pierogi, sausage and vodka.