wednesday down in flames, down in flames

'ning

looks like clouds have returned, packed agenda today

ridecafeswebexeshlazebubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning, mild out there for a change but not warming up loads over the day. Have a good day all.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder here , still a cool north easterly wind , tigger walked and fed, I’m drinking coffee, conservatory to wash , cycling later
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Cloudy but warmer here too.
    Not much happening, WFH etc.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Cloudy, legs sore after a decent run in the hills yesterday and a fall into the brambles 🙄

Wife is WFW again which means I have to deal with the builders again.

Later is undecided by me but apparently it isn’t being out on my bike or running according to the wife
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH, then this afternoon have to drive wife to appointment with cardiologist.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

newish trail centre

This sounds interesting, tell me more.
    Or maybe wait until you've been because the trails might be rubbish.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

Her ticker still not playing ball? Hope it goes well.

Wfh today, then wfw tomorrow. I have booked a slot to use the gym shower at 9 a.m., so will be first cycle commute in 13 months!!
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Wfh today, then wfw tomorrow. I have booked a slot to use the gym shower at 9 a.m., so will be first cycle commute in 13 months!!
    Do you have a gym at work, or just near work?
    Might investigate this at our place seeing as we're still banned from using the showers/changing rooms :neutral:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning,

WFH[, dog walked, yoga done, people I need to yell at not online. Will eat some chocolate and get a coffee.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Flâneur said:

Morning,

WFH[, dog walked, yoga done, people I need to yell at not online. Will eat some chocolate and get a coffee.

Flan! 😃

You’ve missed copious amounts of dog walking and weather reports. Still got the pink over shoes? Married yet?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Yeah, still up and down and still has dizziness / "brain fog". Already seen a neurologist and non-the wiser after that apart from ruling stuff out.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Flâneur said:

Morning,

Who the **** are you? :)

Your sig seems strangely appropriate these days ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    elbowloh said:

Good luck to her Elbow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    seanoconn said:

Flâneur said:

Morning,

Flan! 😃

You’ve missed copious amounts of dog walking and weather reports. Still got the pink over shoes? Married yet?
    Found the weather app on my phone so got more accuate weather, thats a lie work just took its toll on idle time to browse forums.

Still have pink oversocks that are rarely worn, I've become one of those people that refuses to ride below 5 degrees and warmers are on till 16 - trying to be italian I guess.

I did throw a party after a church service all before covid, still hiding from the bar tab tbh.

@Stevo_666 had our good run of form, then fell off the back of wagon, now we just have to chase some dodgy blue team to Europe, oh wait we found another way in, oh wait ditch that idea looks too difficult.

I do feel my post count has been a little too static.

Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • elbowloh
    edited April 2021
    Woohoo.

My BT fibre broadband is finally up and running!

3 months and 2 weeks after I ordered it, after 2 no show visits from the technician and after the second actual visit from a tech.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    thistle_ said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Do you have a gym at work, or just near work?
    Might investigate this at our place seeing as we're still banned from using the showers/changing rooms :neutral:
    At work. A Nuffield Health one in the basement.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Flâneur said:

seanoconn said:

Flâneur said:

Morning,

Flan! 😃

Found the weather app on my phone so got more accuate weather, thats a lie work just took its toll on idle time to browse forums.

Still have pink oversocks that are rarely worn, I've become one of those people that refuses to ride below 5 degrees and warmers are on till 16 - trying to be italian I guess.

I did throw a party after a church service all before covid, still hiding from the bar tab tbh.

@Stevo_666 had our good run of form, then fell off the back of wagon, now we just have to chase some dodgy blue team to Europe, oh wait we found another way in, oh wait ditch that idea looks too difficult.

I do feel my post count has been a little too static.

Welcome back and congrats
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

...conservatory to wash...

You really need to find something constructive to do.

Flan!

Sunny here, Bedding plants planted.
    Oil change on the the Traaaaansit to do.

Toying with the idea of a team Kas/Kelly replica... Proper Carbone 9 frame.
    Dunno how to get it past the OH.
    Nothing to do with expenditure, it's down to space.
    Going to sell the C Class to fund it and maybe another... fcuk, this is going to be tricky.

Actually easier to furnish it with a complete Croce d'aune gruppo than trying to source the Mavic bits.

However, dreams of a Master olympic or simla' with Campag throughout would satisfy that older Campag fetish...

Where do you get 'period' 32 hole rims?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, not for much longer though.
    WFH again and the system is being painfully slow, as well as being generally painful. Being Wednesday we will be in a pub garden tonight. Just think, they might let us indoors one day. But of course it will be warm enough that we'll want to sit outdoors by then. Other than that not much going on here.
    Good luck with the Mrs Elbow and good news finally on the BT front. How did you fall into the brambles TLW? Combining your favourite pastimes? Good to hear from you Flan, congrats on the bar tab. What about Open Pros Pinno, the CD is a grey colour that looks like some older rims. Good luck with the communt H³, it might seem like hard work.
  • hopkinb

Good luck with the communt H³, it might seem like hard work.

I could use the hard work...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb said:

We should go for a ride and a beer before you get any form back then
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Glorious out there, I'm in here. Bods have gone off to do some stuff with boats and beaches and running around so I've stayed here to eat and listen to the 'Phonics and go to the gym.

Phucked my hand up last night moving my pillow in bed so am in incredible amounts of pain, but nothing I can't handle.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

Phucked my hand up last night moving my pillow in bed so am in incredible amounts of pain, but nothing I can't handle.

:)

Are you Fred Flintstone? Do you sleep with your head on a boulder? If you pop down Edwyn's he should be able to sell you a pillow made out of some sort of polyester foam, or feathers/down if you're feeling flush. These are lighter and more comfortable than several kilos of rock, and are less likely to lead to phuckage of hands.

• hopkinb

hopkinb said:

We should go for a ride and a beer before you get any form back then
    We should - I'll be lucky if I don't pop all my spokes I think.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Glorious out there, I'm in here. Bods have gone off to do some stuff with boats and beaches and running around so I've stayed here to eat and listen to the 'Phonics and go to the gym.

I do hope its the first album.

The first album was epic, full of great tunes with great lyrics about things that happened around them as they were growing up.

Anything after that turned in to dad-rock.

How the hell do you injure yourself moving a pillow?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Thistle it's just a localish country park that done a blue trail that's non to shabby. Short and sweet with berms, jumps and fast and flowy for the most. Made out of old pit banks. About 6miles cross country from me so a good workout.

Doesn't look too bad, know where that is but it's quite a trek from here.
    Shame the "new" trail in the video looks muddy and rutted in places, hopefully they've sorted that out now it's bedded in a bit.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

However, dreams of a Master olympic or simla' with Campag throughout would satisfy that older Campag fetish...

i once pondered getting some olde campag rims (but went with ambrosio nemesis in the end) there were plenty on ebay, both used and nos

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMPAGNOLO-SEOUL-1988-WHITE-LABEL-MATT-SILVER-TUBULAR-RIMS-700x20c-32-SPOKE-VGC/402801699083
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=campagnolo+rims+vintage&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=campagnolo+rims
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

I do hope its the first album.

The first album was epic, full of great tunes with great lyrics about things that happened around them as they were growing up.

Anything after that turned in to dad-rock.

How the hell do you injure yourself moving a pillow?
    Yup - Word Gets Around. Best one they did.

Went to pull the pillow around. Some hyper extended my thumb backwards. Frickin' hurts. Think my hand may be dying.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

:)

Are you Fred Flintstone? Do you sleep with your head on a boulder? If you pop down Edwyn's he should be able to sell you a pillow made out of some sort of polyester foam, or feathers/down if you're feeling flush. These are lighter and more comfortable than several kilos of rock, and are less likely to lead to phuckage of hands.

Edwyn said those modern fangled pillows were for the weak and refused to sell me one.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod said:

pinno said:

i once pondered getting some olde campag rims (but went with ambrosio nemesis in the end) there were plenty on ebay, both used and nos

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMPAGNOLO-SEOUL-1988-WHITE-LABEL-MATT-SILVER-TUBULAR-RIMS-700x20c-32-SPOKE-VGC/402801699083
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=campagnolo+rims+vintage&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=campagnolo+rims
    Interesting.

I do think MA40's 'cos not sure about having tubs.
    Mind you, it will probably be ridden in dry weather (once in a blue moon - 'cos it's Jockland innit).
    I'd veer towards the open pro's VN mentioned if I did.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!