Cervelo S-Series Di2 installation

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert to Di2 on my Cervelo S-Series but the battery needs to be held by an internal mount in the down tube (item above). I can see there are two small holes under the down tube where it should connect.

Any Cervélo S3 owners who have tried this? I can only find the part in one store in America. The part is MT-BINT, but would cost over $100 with shipping for what looks like some plastic and cable ties....

It will not fit in the seat post or seat tube.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Zip tie it to a piece of wood and screw into that instead?

No one will see it.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    unfortunately, welcome to the world of Cervelo parts availability and pricing.

I needed the little top tube clip the rear brake cable runs out of on the top tube of a Soloist. Had to get it in the US sent to a griend over there sent to me otherwise it would have been $50 courier for something the weight and size of a 20p piece.

Trump also killed the USPS so shops won't post anything as they know it won't arrive, so courier only.

both Cervelo and the whole situation is ridiculous.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Try Primo Cycles in Cambridge - they are apparently the most prolific UK Cervelo dealer.
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    Can you not just duct-tape it into the seatpost? A bit of a bodge but apparently that's what Team Dimension Data did on their S5's.
  • wayneabs
    wayneabs Posts: 63
    Ben6899 said:

Zip tie it to a piece of wood and screw into that instead?

No one will see it.

That is not a bad shout at all, Thanks
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    My S5 has the battery in the seatpost. works well
  • wayneabs
    phil485 said:

I would much prefer it in the seat post but I have checked and the S3 must have a different style seat post as the battery will not physically fit
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    wayneabs said:

phil485 said:

I would much prefer it in the seat post but I have checked and the S3 must have a different style seat post as the battery will not physically fit
    When you say it won’t physically fit, do you mean the seatpost aero shape means the internal hole is not wide enough to actually fit the battery in, or that holding it in there is a problem, as the latter is easily solved?

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    When I changed over to di2 I managed to get the battery holder , a mate changed his and ended up wrapping the battery in bubble wrap and pushing up the down tube, he has had no problems or rattles with it at all
  • pilot_pete

When I changed over to di2 I managed to get the battery holder , a mate changed his and ended up wrapping the battery in bubble wrap and pushing up the down tube, he has had no problems or rattles with it at all

Indeed.

It doesn’t matter where it is inside your frame as long as it is held securely and not right at the bottom where water ingress could cause issues.

The downside to not having easy access (which the seat post allows) is making it more difficult to disconnect it when necessary. I pack my bike in a bike box for foreign trips and disconnecting the battery is best practice to prevent possible battery drain or worse...

• wayneabs

wayneabs said:

phil485 said:

When you say it won’t physically fit, do you mean the seatpost aero shape means the internal hole is not wide enough to actually fit the battery in, or that holding it in there is a problem, as the latter is easily solved?

Yes the seat tube is too small so it won't fit in, I guess it could be stuffed down the seat post.

Not ideal but should work.
  • pilot_pete
    wayneabs said:

wayneabs said:

phil485 said:

Yes the seat tube is too small so it won't fit in, I guess it could be stuffed down the seat post.

Not ideal but should work.
    Just to confirm, the seatpost is the thing the saddle attaches to. The seat tube is the part of the frame the seatpost slides into and clamped within.

A standard di2 battery is designed to be fitted inside your seatpost, so if it fits in there, that’s where you should be putting it! If not, it can go anywhere it will fit, but access may be restricted and less convenient.
  • wayneabs
    Yes my apologies got them mixed up, it will not fit in the seat post due to its design but should fit down the seat tube.

Thanks