sunday as the amplituhedron of the pineapple

'ning

nippy again, fresh rear tub, may sharp bits not cut it

ride, cafes with non-zero cake, much laziness, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty start but we should be in for another sunny day, tigger walked, riding early, easy afternoon hopefully
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    this looks worth waiting for
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsjQZOppJPs
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Lie in this morning. American Tale at a drive in cinema at Kempton later.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Just chillin'. Bambina feeling icky, so no sailing, about to take the Hound out for a wander then vita domestica. Rock 'n' roll, eh....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Ever so slightly soggy here.
    Amstel later.
    Mower chucked a wobbly and a drift shaft key yesterday so lawn grassland got half done.

Hopefully brighten up later so I can go pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Took ages to nod off last night after the afternoon/evening escapades so ended up sleeping in a bit this morning.
    Tested out the temporary mech repair. I say mech, it's the shifter that was bust.
    Bike was an absolute joy to ride, even when I didn't need to shift.
    Minimal traffic too, guess everyone's headed to the shops because they're sick of going out on the beautiful countryside. Suits me if that's the case.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Jab later. Mooching until then really.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Pottering day. Barbie with daughter this afternoon. Tired and leggy. Really overcooked myself yesterday, didn't eat properly then suffered towards the end of what was a tough and gnarly (thank you Carlton K) offroad ride. And I had recently listened to an episode of Geraint Thomas' podcast on nutrition. In one ear... Lesson learned, again? Will find out.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Bit of a mixed day. Went to a mate's birthday dinner party last night, which was pretty good, home a bit later than my usual... so a slow start this morning.

Minor faffing in shed, washed car this arvo, and not much else achieved for the day.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    laid out the towel and basked for 2-3 hours, quite warm in the sun

toyah and robert's video was enjoyable, though tbh didn't really notice robert
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Busy day for a Sunday. Long walk with wife and hounds, took a carfull of junk to tip & charity shop, got supplies, topped up cars with petrol etc. About to move onto more pre-move cr@p sorting. No peace for the wicked...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Worked, lunched, outside (checking that everything that was supposed to be earthed after yesterday's electricianing was, swapping the bottle cage on my black and orange disc braked bike for a black and orange one I found, tidying tools and mess up from electricianing), work. Now here and watching bike racing as work is done. Have to say that the last few bits of coursework were very poor; students who probably should have done what we advised them to do 18 months ago and drop higher level maths.

Wonder what's for dinner...
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

About to move onto more pre-move cr@p sorting.

Where you thinking of moving to Stevo? Similar area? Or further out?

We were seriously considering emigrating to the SF Bay Area. Mrs H³'s employer would love her out there. I'm sure I could pick something up, even an internal move if I was creative enough. However, mini landing a place at Wimbledon High might mean Mrs H³ just does a year out there or something.

Jab jabbed, I even got a little sticker!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

We were seriously considering emigrating to the SF Bay Area. Mrs H³'s employer would love her out there. I'm sure I could pick something up, even an internal move if I was creative enough. However, mini landing a place at Wimbledon High might mean Mrs H³ just does a year out there or something.

The skirts of Wimbledon high are obscenely short. Not that I’ve noticed of course. Plenty of building work going on there, hopefully finished in time for mini.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    I didn't notice that either. Nor the 6th form girls in swimming gear at the open day. They're building a new science block I think. Near completion.
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Tut. I didn't. Sulk.

• hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Tut. I didn't. Sulk.

• seanoconn
    edited April 2021
    hopkinb said:

I didn't notice that either. Nor the 6th form girls in swimming gear at the open day. They're building a new science block I think. Near completion.

The leggy blonde 6th form girls in swimming gear! I wish I hadn’t noticed that 😔

I also hadn’t noticed their gym skirts are too short to.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Wimbledon High, that conjures up some happy memories. How come I didn't get a sticker when I was jabbed? Is H³ that special even the jabbers know about him?
    Wobbled over to the old dear's and did some odd jobs. Failed to fix the mower, need to return with soldering iron. Spoke to sister about what needs sorting. Pleasant wobble back via the Common, Putney Heath and Richmond Park.
    This made me laugh, hope it's visible on here. House by the park gate had a bird scarer on a pole in the shape of a hawk or something, and about 30 pigeons on the roof.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mate of mine moved to SF for work from London. He regrets the move and wants to come back. He's Venuzuelan so not a Brit abroad type thing.

I don't think I'd cope with 2 weeks holiday a year!

I'd like to work in NZ, Canada or Aus for a couple of years (or more if i Iiked it)
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Another Sunday of pinning a number on, starting to get used to the TT bike.

Since then it’s basically been a short bike ride and cider
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

I don't think I'd cope with 2 weeks holiday a year!

I've taken 20 days this year. The only time I didn't work was during the office close at Christmas. We have flexi time. I've built up my max of 35 hours, not used it. This is what I have noticed about work from home. When I left the office I was offline. Also now I am the main tax resource from Kazakhstan to Norway via Mozambique and Madagascar. If there's a deal, I can't duck out. Though my newest minion is showing excellent ability even though only 27, I might make him a direct report and get a proper junior to do the grunt work.
  • hopkinb

Wimbledon High, that conjures up some happy memories. How come I didn't get a sticker when I was jabbed? Is H³ that special even the jabbers know about him?

Hmm. Rethinking Wimbledon High! ;)

Got done at AFC Wimbledon on plough lane, everyone got a sticker!
  • seanoconn

Wimbledon High, that conjures up some happy memories

Dated two girls from Wimbledon High, not recently. None from the Ursuline.

Ejected from Putney High girls school whilst visiting a girlfriend.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2021
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Been busy in loft and garage...

Basically a bit further out into Kent. But not too far - likely a little way inside or outside of the M25 but not in a town or 'burb. So broadly somewhere in the area South/South East/East of Orpington. Bit more land, bit less traffic etc. Travel into town not as critical these days and location relative to schools now not a factor.

We've got a good idea of what sort of house we want and houses like ours round here seem to be selling like hot cakes at the moment. But need to get this place shipshape and decluttered first.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Basically a bit further out into Kent. But not too far - likely a little way inside or outside of the M25 but not in a town or 'burb. So broadly somewhere in the area South/South East/East of Orpington. Bit more land, bit less traffic etc. Travel into town not as critical these days.

We've got a good idea of what sort of house we want and houses like ours round here seem to be selling like hot cakes at the moment. But need to get this place shipshape and decluttered first.
    I’ll take the watches.
  • hopkinb
    I'll have that German estate thing cluttering up the drive. It'll complement my Swedish tank.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Basically a bit further out into Kent. But not too far - likely a little way inside or outside of the M25 but not in a town or 'burb. So broadly somewhere in the area South/South East/East of Orpington. Bit more land, bit less traffic etc. Travel into town not as critical these days.

I’ll take the watches.
    Not selling those, no way Jose. Unless you make me an offer I can't refuse...
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

I'll have that German estate thing cluttering up the drive. It'll complement my Swedish tank.

What's the old cliché about prising the keys from my cold dead hands? Although you're welcome to Strifey's 1l Polo :)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Not selling those, no way Jose. Unless you make me an offer I can't refuse...

£10.