BB92 campagnolo equivalent

Hi,

Is it possible to fit a campagnolo centaur chainset to a BB92 frame BB? Can you get equivalent campag BB so it will fit or is it not possible?

Many thanks,

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Is your Centaur chainset ultra torque or square taper (will depend on how old it is).

If it's ultra torque you can get a BB86 Ultra torque Bottom Bracket (BB86 is the same as BB92).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Is it definitely a BB92 frame? BB92 is the MTB equivalent of BB86, and is wider, so most road cranks won't fit as they won't have a long enough axle. What frame are you trying to use?
  • It's a Scott Cr1 Pro, its an internal push bearing fitted. I looked online for spec and could only find one mention of a BB92. So is possible it's not. Sorry I'm getting back into cycling after years out and all changed.
  • What does the bottom bracket shell width measure from face to face?

I just had a quick look and it would appear to be a BB92-41 bottom bracket which suggests 92mm shell width with the bearing outer face being flush with the frame.

The maximum shell width Campagnolo state is 86.5mm +/- 0.5mm.

C-Bear do suggest that they make a push fit for UT at BB92 - it might be worth dropping them a line. The main issue with Campagnolo is that they still insist on including the retaining clip on the drive side which means you can't sit the cups flush to the shell.