RNLI charity ride 8/5.

May I draw your attention to the above and this link;

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/philip-bindon-cyclechallenge

I would of course invite you to donate as much as you can to this very worthy cause and thank you

for looking.
I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2

Comments

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    Bloated inefficient charity with overpaid execs who have completely lost the plot.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    davidof said:

Bloated inefficient charity with overpaid execs who have completely lost the plot.

So, that's a yes?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    davidof said:

why have people flagged this?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

davidof said:

So, that's a yes?
    maybe a maybe? like the time TDLW asked me out but I didn't want to upset her on camera.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    edited April 2021
    MattFalle said:

davidof said:

why have people flagged this?
    Good question

The RNLI has been told by the Charities Commission they have too much money; 721 million in assets and 271 million invested. They have 35 senior executives on over 60k / year in their swanky 25 million pound Poole HQ. 60K is a very very good salary for Poole.

St Helier lifeboat have disassociated from the RNLI that has been described as a bunch of "overpaid pen pushers, jobsworths and third sector careerists" that is "out of touch with the working class roots of the local lifeboat stations".

RNLI is currently in dispute with 7 other local lifeboats and have sacked a number of rescue workers.

The French SNSM has 75 salaried staff and around 7500 volunteers with 20 million operating costs for around 5000km of coast.

RNLI is closer to 2000 salaried staff with 140 million / yr operating costs for 12,000km of coast.

The RNLI has become bloated and inefficient, recently boasting that over 90% of its staff have no maritime experience... maybe part of the problem.

This is not to detract from the ground level work done by lifeboat stations.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    So, still not sure if you're in or not?

I've stayed at their swanky HQ in Poole, they hire out rooms like a hotel and can be a damn site cheaper than other local hotels. The bar/restaurant is nice too.

Do you mean St Helier, Jersey? People from Jersey accusing others of being out of touch? That's a joke btw.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk