sunday beneath this mask there is an idea - and ideas are bulletproof

'ning

smidge brighter but nippier

long ride, cafes, long laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, still dark up north, frosty start again, a trip to the garden centre this morning, cycling later, tigger walked, coffee in the cup.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Think it's even colder here today. Might sack off the bike ride.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Morning, still dark up north, frosty start again, a trip to the garden centre this morning, cycling later, tigger walked, coffee in the cup.
    Have a good day

Still dark up North? I’m not surprised at 4.56am! On a Sunday, why!?

And as for sungod 🤦‍♂️
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

At work. its dry but blimmin' windy. Have to get coffee on as am hitting the "can't be arzed" stage already.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Morning All. Will be watching young Oxo play football for first time in a long while. Heads banging from last night's attempt at drinking all the beer in the house. OH isn't impressed. Hopefully will recover quickly.

Good luck young oxo. Watching one of mine at 11. He’s as fast as a whippet but has the composure of a Tasmanian Devil on acid in front of goal 😕
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning.

MOT passed yesterday for the car in my avatar (avacar?).

Covered a total of <400 miles since its last one in July 2019 :( Celebrated by going for a quick spin this morning to remind myself of why I shouldn't sell it.

Give it a quick wash then probably put it away for another year.

Bit of bike fettling later and a walk with Mrs nibnob and baby nibnob.
  • MattFalle
    They've gone off doing something, I'm chillin' under a tree.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    brrrr windycold ride, warmed up a smidge in the sun, still cold

many mad people running into the road, they clearly have been driven mad by running

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Up early to pin a number on, been a while. Performance reflected that, though could have been the cider last night......

Tidy up, pack car and then at 8ish point the car Cornwall way and get to the holiday place at 00:01 and straight into the hot tub
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    tlw1 said:

Tidy up, pack car and then at 8ish point the car Cornwall way and get to the holiday place at 00:01 and straight into the hot tub

locals will be out with pitchforks and vacant wickermen
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Went out in glorious sunshine, no wind to speak of. In the distance was a dark looming cloud that I estimated would catch me on the return leg so I packed the funkier... and then it snowed. So I was caught in a blizzard. Everything was fine bar my hands.
    So I stuck them in warm water once I crawled back in granny gear and had to sit down, head reeling such was the pain.
    'Wtf is an African doing in Jockland riding in a blizzard?' I asked myself.

Now back to glorious sunshine.

Was it a TT TLW?

Wots the mota Nibnob?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    tlw1 said:

Up early to pin a number on, been a while. Performance reflected that, though could have been the cider last night......

Where in 'wall?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    pinno said:

Went out in glorious sunshine, no wind to speak of. In the distance was a dark looming cloud that I estimated would catch me on the return leg so I packed the funkier... and then it snowed. So I was caught in a blizzard.

Ditto here (but rain not snow) drinking HOT tea now ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now procrastinating for all I'm worth. Maybe coffee will help.
    Need t put the bike back together after a bit more cleaning. Bottom bracket was creaking so I stripped everything down. Need to order a new chainring as if I replace the chain I'm pretty sure it will slip.
    Congratulations to the MX nibnob, hope you get to enjoy some sunshine with it.
    Talking of sunshine, hope you get some in Cornwall TLW.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited April 2021
    Sunny but fresh while out with the hounds. Unfortunately I now have to do so without work as the Kingdom of Far Far Away has set some stupid deadlines and I need to review/approve stuff that the minions have done. To be fair, they've been working hard over the weekend so the least I can do is cast my eye over their efforts.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Ooh, Cornwall, lovely. Watch some Rick Stein to get you in the mood.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Was it a TT TLW?

Yep, 2up
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Ooh, Cornwall, lovely. Watch some Rick Stein to get you in the mood.
    Staying near there so should be some good food 😎
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Is the Cornish border checkpoint open during the night? GrockleWatch, it's a thing.

Ride rided. Right mix, sun and snow / hail, climaxing with a full headwind hailstorm finale. Early on I thought I'd overlayered again, by the end it was bitter. Fun though. And the cold wind keeps a lot of the heyfattyboombooms out of the way on the best cycleway route in and out of town.

Thaw time, as per CC above Hot soup and Hot coffee to be followed by Hot Shower soon.
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    pinno said:

Wots the mota Nibnob?

Nothing fancy, MK1 MX5 (an import, so strictly speaking it's a Eunos Roadster). Had it 7 years and put a lot of time and effort into tidying it up but a combination of reasons means it is barely used these days. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it. Clinging on to visions of when baby nibnob is a bit older and heading out for a drive together.

Congratulations to the MX nibnob, hope you get to enjoy some sunshine with it.

Cheers, it's never actually failed in the time I've had it so I knew it would fly through. The tester likes to comment on how it's a waste of his time having to test it haha.

• MattFalle
    finished

tired

drinking coffee

now doing med cover for something else.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Went out in glorious sunshine, no wind to speak of. In the distance was a dark looming cloud that I estimated would catch me on the return leg so I packed the funkier... and then it snowed. So I was caught in a blizzard.

Mad weather here too.
    Big hailstones but soft like snow (snail? Hailow?)

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Mad weather here too.
    Big hailstones but soft like snow (snail? Hailow?)

It’s nice just up the road
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Wife had to go back to hospital after her HR was going over 200 for a few minutes and then fluctuating back down to 50 (which is very low for her) they discharged her again and said to arrange a 24hr ECG thing with her doctor.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    elbowloh said:

Wife had to go back to hospital after her HR was going over 200 for a few minutes and then fluctuating back down to 50 (which is very low for her) they discharged her again and said to arrange a 24hr ECG thing with her doctor.

Doesn't sound good.
    Hope she's ok and they figure it out soon.
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

Hope they get it sorted quickly
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    edited April 2021
    I had a nice easy day planned, and was in my shed installing some software into the PC when Mrs Slog came in and told me there was a change of plans.

Youngest Slog had sewage coming up from a blocked drain in his drive, and would I give him some help?

First getting the inspection cover up, it's one of those which holds block pavers to match the drive and was stuck fast.

After that, 2 hours of rodding the drain, it was tricky but it eventually moved.

Yucky, smelly job.

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Hope they get her sorted soon Elbow
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hope all is OK elbow
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    No riding for me today, stiff as a board after 90 minutes football yesterday. The bonus of cycling is being able to run for 90 minutes the downside is having to do other peoples running for 90 minutes,

Hope all is okay Elbow