Saturday's 41 bum salute

'Ning
Nippy
Might go for a quick ride

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty start , riding early, the car needs a good clean inside and out, cycling on tv later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tis cold out, didn’t seem to bother the hounds though.

Sort builders and then a long slow run as I’m pretty fatigued.

Hope it warms up as I fancy cider with pals
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Utterly honking here so out side instructing for two days.

great.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Boys second birthday today and woken up to find one of the cats collapsed on the kitchen floor. Not a great start.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

Boys second birthday today and woken up to find one of the cats collapsed on the kitchen floor. Not a great start.

Happy birthday to mini elbow.

Could Mrs elbow get the cat started again?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    HB young elbow and hope the cat's been jump started.

Chilly but pleasant ride until I crested a hill and there was a big patch of ice across it. Luckily OK but meant I took it quite slow and carefully down the other side.

Robo vac has been thoroughly confused this morning by the downstairs doors being closed. It couldn't get to the kitchen so went back into its cave and refused to come out again.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Is that the cat with the satsuma up its....? Or is my memory erm, what did I start to say?

Off soon into the drizzle to examine some paving types in situ, part of daughter #1's garden refurb project. Porcelain tiles? Kidz eh.

BBC - off. Spotify - on. Can't stand the dismal, downbeat, feel sad you subjects or else BS being pumped out. A specific 99yo passed on; private moment of sadness for a family. [/high horse]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    orraloon said:

Is that the cat with the satsuma up its....? Or is my memory erm, what did I start to say?

It was being stroked with a satsuma, the remote control was going up its butt.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

a cold and gloomygrey ride, but at least it didn't rain

no sign of any news on tv, glad they're following his wishes and not making a fuss, i feel a cafe stroll coming on

wondering if it's too soon to put fresh tubs on, the rear one is much mended and getting rather thin, with the lockdown lack of glass it's survived much longer than usual

hope the cat is ok e
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Ho-di-ho everyone

Feels like there’s constantly juts 5 or 6 more coursework’s to mark. I’ll deal with those later. Proper bunged up this morning - downstairs not upstairs. Uncomfortable day ahead? No idea what else I’m going to do today. Watching golf at the mo, just to avoid any sniff of the news.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited April 2021
    ***Cake stop alert*** ***Cake stop alert***
    Is it going to be wall to wall Phil the Greek for the next... 50 years? I mean there was some program about the royals all this week wasn't there?
    Is this: a) an assertion of Britishness post EU membership b) Harry and Megan; look how we adore our monarch's or c) the void because of a lack of filming under Covid?

Or all 3.

I really don't have much against the Woyals but I f*cking hate the media.
    And who are these stiffs they bring out of the cupboard to talk about them?

How's the cat Elbow? Are you sure there's nothing in him that shouldn't be?

Blazing sunshine (although not that much heat in it) and will have to drive a 160 mile round trip to the Orthodontist for Tricky.
    I'll treat Shorty to a chocolate shake from Mac D's whilst we wait. Would prefer a BK shake but the nearest one is Gretna.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Dropping junior off at Euston in a bit as she's headed back to uni but thankfully doesn't need a lift. Then may have to do some work - year end fun and games.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Dropping junior off at Euston in a bit as she's headed back to uni but thankfully doesn't need a lift. Then may have to do some work - year end fun and games.

Had a phone call this morning from her majesty’s customs and excise where an automated voice informed me they’ve opened a tax fraud case and if I didn’t ‘press 1 now’ a warrant would be issued for my arrest. So am currently on the run and at large.

You’d think I’d have better luck after managing to avoid that git yesterday wandering around Surbiton with his head up his @rse.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Is it going to be wall to wall Phil the Greek for the next... 50 years? I mean there was some program about the royals all this week wasn't there?
    Is this: a) an assertion of Britishness post EU membership b) Harry and Megan; look how we adore our monarch's or c) the void because of a lack of filming under Covid?

Or all 3.

Blazing sunshine (although not that much heat in it) and will have to drive a 160 mile round trip to the Orthodontist for Tricky.
    I'll treat Shorty to a chocolate shake from Mac D's whilst we wait. Would prefer a BK shake but the nearest one is Gretna.

I found the chat with the toilet cleaner at the Gibraltar parliament quite moving. His thoughts were with the family. Very poignant and well worth the licence fee in my honest opinion.
  • elbowloh
    Cats blood sugar level had crashed to the floor, it's now eaten 5 sachets of food and now appears fine. No sat satsumas or remotes found in the scene.

Magnatiles set, Duplo train, Brio battery train and brio signal box opened so far...lots of things for me to play with...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, now sitting in a car park in Teddington whilst the EPO gets her spectacles sorted. I could go for a walk but it's raining. At least it should be safer than last night's walk as there is a better breed of local round here.
    Just read an incredibly boring but important email from solicitors about sale of the old dear's gaff. Want to get that sorted as big sis is flying in from Italy and I don't want her throwing spanners in the works.
    So peace and quiet returns to 666 towers, are they hoping to sell up and move before the end of the summer term? Who? Stropteen? No, never heard of you, must be a wrong number 🤔
  • elbowloh
    And now my knee has opened up again for the fourth time since end of December.

FFS. Wish the docs could tell me wtf is going on.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2021
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Had a phone call this morning from her majesty’s customs and excise where an automated voice informed me they’ve opened a tax fraud case and if I didn’t ‘press 1 now’ a warrant would be issued for my arrest. So am currently on the run and at large.

You’d think I’d have better luck after managing to avoid that git yesterday wandering around Surbiton with his head up his @rse.
    I only seem to get those ones where the scambot says they understand I've been in accident that wasn't my fault. The HMRC ones must be targetting shifty characters :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

So peace and quiet returns to 666 towers, are they hoping to sell up and move before the end of the summer term? Who? Stropteen? No, never heard of you, must be a wrong number 🤔

:) good idea.

It ll take a while, we have to get a few bits 'n' pieces sorted before we're ready to sell. Mainly sorting through 23 years of Mrs 666s clutter as I've said there's no way we're taking all her shyte to any new place. Of course, none of that applies to my bike stuff.

Unfortunately Stropteen doesn't seem to fully appreciate the time and financial aspects to this and was showing us stuff on rightmove with some fairly eye-watering price tags, asking 'can we get that one now, its really nice...'. I reckon it'll be a 2022 job.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I only seem to get those ones where the scambot says they understand I've been in accident that wasn't my fault. They HMRC ones must be targetting shifty characters :)
    Elderly and vulnerable 😕
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Scambots rang me apparently my national insurance number has been compromised, can I just confirm it and DOB plus bank account details. Yeah right oh I'll just sort it out. Cant believe anyone would fall for it.

I got one recently from Robert Mugabe's old dear asking if I would look after $390 million of her money and she'd give me a cut if I did it. Christ, those are the oldest ones in the book.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Or all 3.

I found the chat with the toilet cleaner at the Gibraltar parliament quite moving. His thoughts were with the family. Very poignant and well worth the licence fee in my honest opinion.
    Not the la publico generalle, these Royal commentators, Royal correspondents and Royal biographers.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Ciao

Well, that was cold and wet, but here, have today's coffee pic.

Like not riding carbon deep rims, tubulars and slammin' your stem, life is too short to drink rubbish coffee.

• seanoconn
    I want a bag like that 😔
  • MattFalle
    Nah. It weighs a friggin' ton and no one ever sodding appreciates you ever thebastards until it all go wrong then its all "fetch an MF, fetch the one that pretends to care"

#thebastards.theydon't care really.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    What's with the South American flag?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Can help carry it if cider is involved
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

I think that's where the coffee came from.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

I think that's where the coffee came from.
    Only Lavazza blue around these parts.

RAMC trf so that people don't lick it because its my school bag not theirs.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

MF that looks like it weighs the best part of 50kg. Respect.

grazie. add in your webbing, gat and hat and it all get inconvenient. Its part of the reason I have no knees left.