Friday, where’s the law and order

Morning, wet start, Tigger walked, a busy day doubt if I will get out on the bike.
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked and run done, slightly damp out there. I had forgot the wife was going to work so the upside was breakfast ready in the bottom over, downside apparently I’m responsible for the kids today.

Later is cider, if we ignore bank holiday Monday, first drink of the week 😳
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

downside apparently I’m responsible for the kids today.

Have you run out of "work experience" for them to do?

WFH here
    Might get out on the bike later

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

downside apparently I’m responsible for the kids today.

Have you run out of "work experience" for them to do?
    Could do with tea and Easter eggs being delivered
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

bright but fresh

just finished off snipping cables on the Pinarello, decidd to leave the front mech linger than normal as can't get it to move inboard as much as I want despite much twiddling of screw.

Reminded myself yesterday on test ride how yuk Ultegra shifter shape was but hey ho, it'll do for the time being.

Apart from that, not a lot to report tbh.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Back for breakfast after an early, for me, not being one of those communters, pootle back from dropping off truck for service, sunny and fresh out, nice. Today will be pottering about in shed and mostly eating Moroccan style houmous.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited April 2021
    Do you have to, do you have to, do you have to let it linger?

Farq me, woke up to sunshine.

Last Monday was part of last weekend TLW.

Should be P-R Sunday... but it isn't. Sad.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Do you have to, do you have to, do you have to let it linger?

That well known line about stinky farts.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

smidge milder and bright for ride, cloudy now

cafes done, bit of gmc, stroll time, early bail think
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    If i get my back end into gear I might wash the bike before tomorrows ride. I don't like a dirty ride (ahem).

Then may onwards to a few G&T's
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Afternoon folks, bit of year end stressing going on by others but its not affecting me luckily.

Strifey and Stroppy have suddenly decided they want to moving house, not sure if they've finally listened to me :) Time to do a spot of research. And a good way to get Stressy to finally do some proper clearing out of all the cr@p she's been accumulating (even if we don't move in the end >:) )

Onwards to lunch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    What's under the patio S666?

So, will 'period of national mourning' result in lockdown 3b and the pubs not reopening from Monday? Wouldn't put that beyond Spaffer and his minions.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    That's one hell of a decoy if it is...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

So, will 'period of national mourning' result in lockdown 3b and the pubs not reopening from Monday? Wouldn't put that beyond Spaffer and his minions.

My ill gotten gains :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    orraloon said:

No, Phil the Greek would want us to drink heavily in his honour I'm sure
  • orraloon
    Oh yeah, and smash a lot of plates. Seem to have got that underway already over in Nurn Ironed.
  • sungod
    orraloon said:

orraloon said:

No, Phil the Greek would want us to drink heavily in his honour I'm sure
    yep

never met him, never will, but he seemed the right sort of grumpy old man

were there to be an afterlife, i'm sure hearing johnson spouting about "...a devoted husband, a proud and loving father..." would have him requesting a lightning strike
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

I picked up mine from the police station yesterday.

Must deposit in the "under stevo's patio" isa.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

You'll only get reported by the bank for a large cash transaction, so you may as well blow it on grog or hookers.
  • hopkinb
    I saw a press photo of Philippos Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg on his way home from hospital recently. He looked as if he was already on nodding terms with G.Reaper Esq.

As sungod says, a grumpy old bugger. Reading the obits has revealed a few things I didn't know about him though.

• hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

You'll only get reported by the bank for a large cash transaction, so you may as well blow it on grog or hookers.
    I thought of that and got a receipt.

I bet I could get a very presentable hooker for that kind of cash though. How to sneak her into the house without Mrs H³ noticing though...
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

I saw a press photo of Philippos Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg on his way home from hospital recently. He looked as if he was already on nodding terms with G.Reaper Esq.

As sungod says, a grumpy old censored . Reading the obits has revealed a few things I didn't know about him though.

I 'met' him when we got our Duke of Edinburgh awards at school and went to the palace. He was very short, I expected him to be quite tall for some reason.

Seemed quite a nice cheery guy but I get the impression he was when it was something he was interested in.
  • hopkinb
    edited April 2021
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    thistle_ said:

hopkinb said:

As sungod says, a grumpy old censored . Reading the obits has revealed a few things I didn't know about him though.

I 'met' him when we got our Duke of Edinburgh awards at school and went to the palace. He was very short, I expected him to be quite tall for some reason.

Seemed quite a nice cheery guy but I get the impression he was when it was something he was interested in.
    I thought the same when i saw Prince Charlie, for some reason he was visiting Surrey Street Market in Croydon. Not sure why he needed to go, thought all his veg would be duchy originals.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Bowled for 99, what a bummer. He should have scrambled that single to silly mid off when he had the chance.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    Didn't get his telegram from the Queen either, just missed out.
  • tlw1
    edited April 2021

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Brilliant! 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod

• orraloon
    Just wound up a friend who is ex-Navy with that. 😊 Expecting to be off her christmas card list...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Nearly got run over by a bloody cyclist, was taking a walk in a park whilst the EPO had her physio and a ninja on a bike snick up on me and tried to run me over. alternative viewpoint, I was wandering aimlessly in a world of my own and nearly steppeal into the path of a cyclist, he had enough room and apologised as did I. We both went on our way with no drama.
    But all of this happened in Suburbiton so it could have been Seano. Maybe I should have put a stick in his spokes