Thursday, the rock is hard

Morning, better start to the day weather wise, tigger walked , cycling this morning, busy afternoon
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Nice walk with hounds and now work stuff. Run later. Not the most exciting day
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hi-de-hi campers

Going to drag teen GTi out for a run shortly (nothing clever, 5k of easy) followed by the joy of driving to Tesco for a click and collection. Then it’ll be time to draw a line under the coursework mountain for the year by uploading the ones I’ve marked to the IB portal.

And then relax.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    johngti said:

Going to drag teen GTi out for a run shortly (nothing clever, 5k of easy)

80% of running should be easy zone 2.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396
    Off to the seaside today. Little bit chilly but I’m travelling with 3 other human hearts so can make the necessary sacrifice to sungod.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    seanoconn said:

Off to the seaside today. Little bit chilly but I’m travelling with 3 other human hearts so can make the necessary sacrifice to sungod.

Aaw that's nice. Margate? Upside: I doubt they would bat an eyelid.

Windy and wet here. The b*stards.
    Won't be setting sail for Martinique today 'cos that will upset Thor and besides, i'd have to go the long way around Suez, Panama or i'll be Tacking in vain against the current Westerly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Bright but cold, TDV has gone off in a huff to Edwyns to buy some paint and can't understand why don't want to go right now at 9 in the morning when we have absolutely nothing else to do all day.

Going to read my book and drink coffee.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

...off in a huff to Edwyns to buy some paint...

Maybe she is going to paint that shed of yours red and set alight to it tonight whilst you shimmy in on a rocking horse, whip in hand, some stubble on your chin, hell bent on revenge for some forgotten sin of the past (burning the Lasagne back in '92).
    Bambina can wear a dress and Bambino can be the Sherriff.
    Mrs MF can ring a bell and all the other MF's can make up the villagers.
    Edwyn and his boys Llewellyn, Boyo and Gruffudd can be the bad guys just released from Caradog's basement.

• johngti
    tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Going to drag teen GTi out for a run shortly (nothing clever, 5k of easy)

80% of running should be easy zone 2.
    Only 80%? Might have to rethink this running malarkey...
  • johngti
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Maybe she is going to paint that shed of yours red and set alight to it tonight whilst you shimmy in on a rocking horse, whip in hand, some stubble on your chin, hell bent on revenge for some forgotten sin of the past (burning the Lasagne back in '92).
    Edwyn and his boys Llewellyn, Boyo and Gruffudd can be the bad guys just released from Caradog's basement.

Poetic that
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    2 hours of WFH Teams meetings to start the day. Yay.

Another B12 shot and then some time wrapping presents for boy's second birthday on Saturday - his first birthday was also in lockdown.

Lots of cool pressies for me him to play with, including a new battery powered Brio train. Grand parents have also bought him a balance bike, one of these:

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    Brio wooden trains... I had that when I was a nipper. As long as I had my Brio trainset and Brio ride on wooden buggy, I was happy.
    Long time ago, travelling from Kenya was split between Nairobi then either Frankfurt or Geneva and then Heafrow.
    I was on a KLM flight and set up my Brio trainset in the gangway causing much mayhem (unknown to me).

One flight into Geneva, I witnessed skiers in the alps and snow at the Airport (April '77). Wow, snow. Kevin Keegan was on the back of the Shredded Wheat packet (playing for Hamburg) and Red rum won the National, kids were setting schools alight.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Poetic that
    indeed.

tbh, has the basis of a good movie script.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Poetic that
    indeed.

Great idea. We could ask Les Dennis to play the role of MF. Perfect.
  • elbowloh
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Poetic that
    indeed.

Great idea. We could ask Les Dennis to play the role of MF. Perfect.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1QYx2E222Y
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Better than Joe Pasquale I suppose....
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

He’d play me. Annoying, irrelevant to the plot, never actually appears on screen.

Grandpa Simpson would have to play Pinno, of course.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

debateable.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    'ning

not as nippy, but rather cloudy ride

cafe stroll time, then a bit of gmc stuff, enquire if any ateliers de haute coutellerie can provide obsidian sacrificial knives
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

debateable.
    tbh, to put up with that Holden creature he must have the patience of a saint.

• MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

He’d play me. Annoying, irrelevant to the plot, never actually appears on screen.

we could have a fluffy little cloud permanently above us with your voice booming out...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon from Purgatory or Heckshire, actually Heckshire is probably in Purgatory anyway so its one an the same.

Many things have occurred of late mainly meh stuff but dragging my arse out the other end of it.
    Managed to get sunburn Sunday replacing a load of fencing at the mothers, then caught a cold in the snow on Monday breaking down the old fence panels (logic).

Anyway, back to work doing work type things possible walk post work with OH if her joints want to play ball.
    We declined our local pubs offer of an alfresco pint next week, sitting outside in 7c with a biting northern wind does not sound like my idea of fun.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Afternoon Bracketeers,

Enjoyed a fresh pedal into the office, which was nice apart from catch every long phase set of traffic lights on the way in. More people starting to filter back into the office which is quite good for a bit of a chat in between work stuff. Think I'll start going in twice a week from next week, get a bit more pedalling in and make the most of the spring weather.

Now feeding my face with a big slab of microwaved cottage pie in preparation for a few Teams meetings later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

Afternoon from Purgatory or Heckshire, actually Heckshire is probably in Purgatory anyway so its one an the same.

Many things have occurred of late mainly meh stuff but dragging my censored out the other end of it.
    Managed to get sunburn Sunday replacing a load of fencing at the mothers, then caught a cold in the snow on Monday breaking down the old fence panels (logic).

Anyway, back to work doing work type things possible walk post work with OH if her joints want to play ball.
    We declined our local pubs offer of an alfresco pint next week, sitting outside in 7c with a biting northern wind does not sound like my idea of fun.

i skim read that as "fence penis" and thought it sounded a tad painful.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Day 3 of the tiling works, and it's finished (well, this phase anyway). Done a very good job too, so quite pleased with that.

Spent the day sanding the front doors and a few other minor DIY tasks. Need to figure out how to rebuild the balustrade.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'noon
    WFH
    WFBoat
    WFH again
  • MattFalle
    Cabling up the Pina on the patio in the sum listening to tunes.

Really quite nice.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    MattFalle said:

step83 said:

Many things have occurred of late mainly meh stuff but dragging my censored out the other end of it.

Breaking fence penis with a Fubar, would certainly need some A&E action there, sun is also a lie its featureless grey sky's here.
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

MattFalle said:

step83 said:

Breaking fence penis with a Fubar, would certainly need some A&E action there, sun is also a lie its featureless grey sky's here.
    need more than a Hello Kitty plaster if you break your penis I reckon.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

we could have a fluffy little cloud permanently above us with your voice booming out...
    I could be the grizzled-adult-threatening-to-rain-on-everyone-in-a-not-cute-way equivalent of the teletubbies sun.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice was had, followed by a walk in Richmond Park with the EPO. Nothing as exciting as breaking fence penii thankfully.
    Just had a chocolate eclair which is never a bad thing.