Boardman MTR 8.9 2021 or Vitus Mythique 29 VRX 2021

Hi folks,

I’m just at the outset and the beginning of my trail riding and looking to get my first bike. As you can imagine there are endless options on the market right now but I’ve managed to get it down to 2 bikes.

The 2 bikes I’m really interested in are the Boardman mtr 8.9. 2021 and the Vitus Mythique 29 VRX 2021.

I’m just wondering what’s your opinion on these 2 bikes in terms of specs and bang for buck.

Any opinions would be appreciated, or any other suggestions would be welcome too, budget around the £1700 to 2K price range.

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited April 2021
    Both good choices. Similar spec and components, both have good forks, tyres etc. Both have modern Boost thru axles and up to date standards which add up to a good solid ride experience and easy to upgrade or replace parts if needed.

Can't comment on the shocks or full suspension aspects of either as more of a hardtail fan.

Opinion wise I'd buy the Vitus over the Boardman based only on preference of the Vitus as a well regarded, value for money brand and looks nicer too imo.

Also prefer Shimano drivetrains and brakes. I like Rockshox forks but have had a go of a bike with those Marzoochi forks which were really nice, they get very good reviews and have Fox internals.

It's a close call but doubt you would be disappointed with either choice or not ending up with a great value for money mtb in the end although the Mythique definately gets my vote.

• DerekGB8
    DerekGB8 Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply mate and opinion, I agree both are really nice bikes ... it’s honestly a headache to choose between the two but both I believe are very good specd and good value for money