wednesday freedom is something that dies unless it's used

'ning

maybe sub-zero

ride, cafes, wfh, lazing, wonder if sticking pins in an ice cube would make the weather warm up
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sub zero here, dog walked just had breakfast know drinking coffee, busy day for me

Not sure if that trick would work Sungod, unless you are some sort of Witch Doctor, mind it might be worth giving it a try

Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Not sure if that trick would work Sungod, unless you are some sort of Witch Doctor, mind it might be worth giving it a try

Sun god, witch doctor, same difference.
  • thistle_
    Little sleep
    WFW
    Maybe ride later
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Heavy frost. Just as well I moved my baby toms 'n' peppers back into the house last night.

Today is early doors trip to get the latest in the seeming neverending series of eye injections followed by mandatory do not a lot for 48h. So watch some pros getting shredded by the winds and weather this afternoon; Cav for the win? If only...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot it’s cold, walked hounds and then ran off road (thought it was safer than icy roads), nice out though

Work stuff and then build bike rack and check SUP ready for holidays. Need to pack light as dog sitter has got himself a job 🙄
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

coffee and reading my book, heading into work in a bit as I have a meeting about summat that may well be frustrating, but hey ho....

Bright out there but 2 degrees so I think I'll sit here a bit longer......
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Brr.

Not as chilly as deepest Shropshire but still.

Surely you can find another dog sitter TLW.
    Our 'dog sitter' is called Dawn. She drives a Mercedes Vito van.
    I pay her far too much.
    Jack is spoilt rotten. That's what's wrong with him. Faux Royalty. There are some stripes in his fur but you have to look very closely.

Which Doctor is SG?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    thistle_ said:

A solar deity and a person who makes remedies to ward off witchcraft are not the same.

What is competitive radio?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited April 2021
    sungod said:

'ning

maybe sub-zero

ride, cafes, wfh, lazing, wonder if sticking pins in an ice cube would make the weather warm up

Beaten to the pun...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Good morning campers!

Still won’t do exercise today, one more day of recovery. Measuring up for cable etc to do some diy stuff, bit of reading on cognitive load theory, bit of reading not on cognitive load theory, maybe drag the kids out for a bit. Fun day! Did a lot of wfh stuff yesterday, not going to do any today.

Competitive radio must be something to do with DJs battling stuff out in some way, surely?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    There was frost on cars when I woke up, but not headed out until after work. Decided to work in the lounge for a change given there's nobody else using it. Coffee in progress and numbers being tortured by minions before I review how much pain they have inflicted. The joys of year end...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Just did a bit of zwifting whilst wachting Strade Bianci 2017, now chillin' watching last 17k before haircut, shower, work ....
  • thistle_
    johngti said:

Competitive radio must be something to do with DJs battling stuff out in some way, surely?

Nothing that exciting unfortunately.
    Amateur radio competition: contact as many people from as far away as possible in an hour.
    I managed 7, top score so far is 47.
  • tlw1
    Feck forgot we had the decorator here today. Just so relaxing listening to him murder all of UB40’s back catalogue
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    BR kicked me out as I posted for the first time today so I'm not prepared to type all of that again.

In summary, its chuffing cold, my legs are sore and the fecking bathroom still isn't finished.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

A solar deity and a person who makes remedies to ward off witchcraft are not the same.
    So you are a shaman?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Had to drive to work as I couldn't be arsed with lying in the road to fix the brakes on the kids' car so got a mate to do it. I haven't driven to work in about a month, when I do my car has a heated windscreen. Today it's icy and I had to drive a car without said essential item so had to scrape ice before going anywhere. Talk about first world problems.
    Car done and wallet lightened but both rear wheel cylinders replaced and brakes bled with fresh fluid so I can rest easy now, or a little easier at any rate.
    Now back wfh as the car was done by lunchtime which is handy. Should be pubday but obviously not, at least not this week.
    Shiny new Force1 crankset has been delivered, do I use the 50 tooth it came with or the 42 tooth that is on the bent cranks I have? Just need to finish the frame to chuck it on I suppose, just need a couple more days every weekend.
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

So you are a shaman?

Ebeneezer Goode.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    Knew I'd forgotten something, if sungod can't make it warmer with some sort of voodoo magic I wonder if the username is just wishful thinking rather than factually correct. Very disappointing if that's the case :(
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Anybody got any Veras?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

So you are a shaman?

what - like that dude in the hirned hat in the Capitol riot?

Cooooool!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436

Knew I'd forgotten something, if sungod can't make it warmer with some sort of voodoo magic I wonder if the username is just wishful thinking rather than factually correct. Very disappointing if that's the case :(

checked the notes from last time, just need a priest to rip the still beating hearts from a few sacrificial victims and wave them at the sky

making a list, they're supposed to be willing, but it can't hurt to try a few others first
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

checked the notes from last time, just need a priest to rip the still beating hearts from a few sacrificial victims and wave them at the sky

making a list, they're supposed to be willing, but it can't hurt to try a few others first

• elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

or that scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

My brother and i would scare our little sis by trying that with her, doing the Thugee chanting as we did so.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

or that scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

My brother and i would scare our little sis by trying that with her, doing the Thugee chanting as we did so.
    Kali maa shakti de, Kali maa....KALI MAA!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bastard work.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

censored work.

Change of career 😳
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited April 2021
    No, not censored work, I'm not fcuking Mary Whitehouse. B@stard work.

Sh1t on it. Martin Goodman (Paul Ritter) died. Watched a couple of FND's last night as cr@ppy sort of tribute. I haven't seen Chernobyl, but understand he was good in that, and umpteen radio and stage plays. 54. Fifty four.
  • veronese68
    Chernobyl is very good, work is sh!t
  • seanoconn
    Chernobyl is one of the best series I’ve seen.