monday some folks are born made to wave the flag

'ning

cold cold cold

ride in the cold, cafe in the cold, laze in the warm, cold bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold, some snow whilst walking tigger , a bit unsure about riding outdoors due to the high wind,
    I bet the couple next door won’t be having a bbq today
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Feeling a bit broken today, must ride more and get fit.
    After sunbathing weather yesterday it looks like it might snow later.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

...a bit unsure about riding outdoors due to the high wind,

Tail wind out, bus home?

Bit chilly and a bit windy and sunny. Which is better than yesterday's John Major.

Today will be mowstly sorting stuff. One of those jobs where it fills you with a sense of sleep and yawning but a sort of elation when you are finished.

First, food shopping. More yawning.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    At the risk of more voodoo....

Nice day for doing not too much. View just now for drinks

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    cold, windy, just had strawberries and cantuccini to fortify me for cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Sunny here so far, but apparently cold (not been out yet). Taking an age to get kids fed, watered, cleaned and dressed. Going to Wakehurst Place this afternoon, meeting the in-laws there.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning all, didn't book any time off so I'm 'working' from home. Noticed on the weekend that I appear to be getting ill. I don't think swollen neck glands are a sign of covid so I think I'll just take a rest week from riding and bounce back fatter and less motivated...
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    +1 with the cold.

5 degrees it says on the outside thermometer, a big change from yesterday, when thankfully it was warm enough for outside dinner with the family.

Last night I banked up the fire, and this morning it's all toasty, which made the brief appearance of some snow all the more appropriate.

Will go in the shed later if i can find some @rsed and make some bits for my telescope cabinet.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162

At the risk of more voodoo....

Nice day for doing not too much. View just now for drinks

How's the shoulder/arm/neck pain WS? (I've run out of pins now so don't worry) >:)

Was snowing very lightly for a bit while walking the hounds this morning, looks like we entered a time warp overnight and ended up back in February. Bit of lazing followed by a few jobs to follow once coffee has been supped.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo_666 said:

How's the shoulder/arm/neck pain WS? (I've run out of pins now so don't worry) >:)

Was snowing very lightly for a bit while walking the hounds this morning, looks like we entered a time warp overnight and ended up back in February. Bit of lazing followed by a few jobs to follow once coffee has been supped.

Still rubbish. Marginally less rubbish than a couple days ago, but still.... rubbish. :(

Have to try and get some treatment this week, but not sure who to start with. Also have to fit it in with floor tiler coming starting tomorrow, dentist on Friday and son's taxi duty requirements.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wind, sun, wind, snow, wind and then really windy run around church Stretton, now a few jobs before cider
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Afternoon. Rest day today - made the most of yesterday’s nice weather and went gravel riding. Rapha’s Hell of the North route.

One of them new fangled gravel bikes.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Rough day following a rough night caused by the cold lovingly shared by GTi jr settling in my throat so loads of coughing therefore no sleep. Still, watched a bit of cycling, got absolute radio indie disco on, cough starting to ease a bit now. Painkillers and a walk outdoors might help.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    johngti said:

Afternoon. Rough day following a rough night caused by the cold lovingly shared by GTi jr settling in my throat so loads of coughing therefore no sleep. Still, watched a bit of cycling, got absolute radio indie disco on, cough starting to ease a bit now. Painkillers and a walk outdoors might help.

Hope you’re feeling better soon, John.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • johngti
    Ben6899 said:

johngti said:

Hope you’re feeling better soon, John.
    Thanks Ben - fresh air helped 🙂
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Work here, easter don't mean nothing to my lords and masters.

Just been to go and get a bottle of beer - it's bloody freezing.
  • tlw1
    Today’s run

• tlw1
    Anyone know anything about entry level SUPs? Fancy something to play with when we are on holiday next week.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Were you having a lie down after the run TLW?
  • tlw1

Were you having a lie down after the run TLW?

😂 needed it was a reasonable pace considering the climbing
  • tlw1
    tlw1 said:

Anyone know anything about entry level SUPs? Fancy something to play with when we are on holiday next week.

Ignore - ordered one now so obviously don’t want to hear anything!
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Have you been snogging Hayden?
  • tlw1
    Mmmm that is a lot cheaper option!

Bright side bought from a local shop who engaged on a bank holiday night
  • pinno
    I had 32 SUP ii reflex's on Record Titanium 8 speed hubs (clinchers) built in the late 90's.

Stiff, smooth but very harsh.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

He should be so lucky!!
  • pinno
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

He should be so lucky!!
    No, you're right - he ain't that lucky.