Sunday, Blue Skies

Morning, a good frost to start the day off, Tigger walked, having a second coffee wondering where to ride this morning, I might just be relaxing later on whilst watching some cycling
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds have been walked by eldest - very rare!

Going for a small run but legs aren’t really firing so will be relaxed.

Catch up on work and then wash the cars and off to mothers for Easter egg hunt
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning, and happy Easter!

Wash car, eat chocolate, get jabbed.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

just put out choccie ehgs in the garden for bambini to hunt, coffee, bit of cycling on tv, weights sesh, maybe a 15/20 min Zwift just to stretch the legs.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Woke to sunshine, it's now cloudy and cold. just 2 degrees out side.

We have the family coming for lunch, regulation 6 under cover in the garden. I hope it warms slightly.

The older I get, the better I was.

• MattFalle
    capt_slog said:

Woke to sunshine, it's now cloudy and cold. just 2 degrees out side.

We have the family coming for lunch, regulation 6 under cover in the garden. I hope it warms slightly.

just set fire to stuff to keep warm. Furniture, kid's toys, a car. All provides heat.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited April 2021
    Ronde fan flaaaanderen in vlaanderen velden pushinum bikeinum ooople hillum ofer bumpinum rounum corrneren in vind, achty achty achty volgers... Wahey.
    Watch Avarmaet fail again. Witness total burn out of Wout VA and Mathieu VDP.

Cloudy. F*ckers. Damn council cutbacks.

No urge to pedal today - over did that yesterday. Will shift some rubble and spend the rest of the day stuffing my face.

Easter eggs have been distributed around the garden.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    'ning

cold start, sun was late appearing

rode far, cafe, escaped death. rode more, cafe, laze, de ronde, laze, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. walking over to the old dear's for a late lunch, this will be followed by lounging and clutching my full belly in a contented fashion.
  • tlw1
    Car p0rn visited today

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    tlw1 said:

Car p0rn visited today

E- type?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Been out for a ride, felt harder than I thought it would, didn’t take the Wahoo with me. Turns out I smashed a load of PBs so that would explain why. Just waiting on a lush roast lunch with the fam bubble. Mrs GTi makes a nice roast. Probably going to have to watch the race highlights.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Car p0rn visited today

E- type?
    Yes, lightweight. Fast too 😎
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Brings back memories of sitting watching my mate rebuild the front end of his. Passed him spanners, and ducked the ones he threw.

One night in Brisbane here, he decided we should go to the Gold Coast for a coffee.

At 1am.
    On a Tuesday, in winter.

It was just about the only 24hr cafe anywhere in the whole state. Cruised down, and clocked the distance as almost exactly 54 miles, took just on an hour, mostly freeway. Had coffee, left town about 3am and "hurried" home.

27 minutes.

Never been so terrified in a car in my life. He assured me that although the car got very "floaty" at 125 to 130 MPH that above that it settled back down and tracked well. Straight through exhausts with silly little hot dog mufflers in the tail pipes... must have heard us on Mars.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

Brings back memories of sitting watching my mate rebuild the front end of his. Passed him spanners, and ducked the ones he threw.

One night in Brisbane here, he decided we should go to the Gold Coast for a coffee.

At 1am.
    On a Tuesday, in winter.

It was just about the only 24hr cafe anywhere in the whole state. Cruised down, and clocked the distance as almost exactly 54 miles, took just on an hour, mostly freeway. Had coffee, left town about 3am and "hurried" home.

27 minutes.

Never been so terrified in a car in my life. He assured me that although the car got very "floaty" at 125 to 130 MPH that above that it settled back down and tracked well. Straight through exhausts with silly little hot dog mufflers in the tail pipes... must have heard us on Mars.

Magic.

As my step father said (Sole importers of Jags to east Africa 'Campbell, S******, and Walker'): "It was 1 hour to Entebbe or 20 mins in a Jag).
    He wrote off an aluminium xk140... One sold at Southeby's in the early 90's for silly money.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Wish I had friends who own nice cars they could show me.

On second thoughts, wish I had friends...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Got it a bit wrong today. Expected it to be colder than it has been / is, over layered, overheated, blew on a new find gravel climb, had to walk the last section, shame. Stopped at the top, should have been the bottom, to de-layer and let the steam escape. MTBer twirling away coming up past me: I say I could with your (dinner plate sized) cassette. And my battery he replies. Cheat!

Really nice out though. Decided to do further and longer, much playing on the Ridgeway. Very enjoyable. Means RvV viewing has to be on the catch up, so no spoilers perlease.
  • veronese68
    Lovely out, wound up in my t-shirt walking passed lots of people carrying winter coats so you weren't alone 'loon. The two women with coats done right up, scarves round their necks and fur lined gloves looked a little odd.

• MattFalle
    RVV watched, roast lunch eaten, champagne being quaffed....

overall v good so far.

watch it all turn to sht.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Afternoon Slackers.

Busy day - long walk with hounds followed by decent ride round the North Downs with a mate; we got a bit adventurous and made it a 50k ride instead of the planned 40k in the end. Forgot how steep some of the climbs are back up the North Downs ridge - maybe with hindsight we shouldn't have gone up Brasted Hill, knowing its nickname with local cyclists is B@stard Hill.

My legs ache now so am chilling with the hounds and a mahoosive cup of tea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Chilly ride round some forest first thing, frost and ice still in places.
    Relocated to sunny side of the valley for more riding. Started off in long sleeves but had to stuff in the backpack once the sun came out.
    Went to the beach on the way back which was nice until a family of weed smoking mancs turned up with their little kids screaming at each other to fuck off :neutral:
  • nibnob21
    Washed car this morning even though it never gets used these days since baby nibnob came along - MOT next weekend though so thought I'd make it look pretty.

Lunch in the garden then a lovely afternoon walk in shorts with Mrs nibnob and baby nibnob, topped off with a cup of tea and an Easter egg. Do enjoy a weekend walk in the countryside away from normal distractions. Planned out our lives for the next few years in the space of an hour. Seem to do that every time haha.

Just been jabbed and waiting in the car before driving back home.
  • MattFalle
    Cycled with Bambino to buy some pickled onions. Now drink champagne.
  • veronese68
    Is that a MK1 MX5 nibnob? Good fun little cars and a fucksight cheaper than an E Type.
    Eaten way too much but Mum hasn't made tiramisu for ages and it's really really bloody good.
  • nibnob21

Is that a MK1 MX5 nibnob? Good fun little cars and a fucksight cheaper than an E Type.
    Eaten way too much but Mum hasn't made tiramisu for ages and it's really really bloody good.

Indeed, good eye. It's so much fun. Stripped the underside a few years ago and rebuilt with new bushes (slightly stiffer than OEM), damping adjustable coilovers etc etc etc. (Not actually as low as the photo below makes out)

Never going to be fast but the fun you can have in it is comparable to anything else, and the speed you can carry through corners is hilarious. With the upgrades made there's virtually no body roll so, as the old clichés go, "it handles like a go-kart" or "it handles like its on rails" - take your pick.

Only reason I often opt for the motorbike instead is the ease of overtaking. The general fun factor is no greater than driving the MX5.

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon Slackers.

Busy day - long walk with hounds followed by decent ride round the North Downs with a mate; we got a bit adventurous and made it a 50k ride instead of the planned 40k in the end. Forgot how steep some of the climbs are back up the North Downs ridge - maybe with hindsight we shouldn't have gone up Brasted Hill, knowing its nickname with local cyclists is B@stard Hill.

It's beaut of a hill isn't it. Few of them along there will test the legs and lungs.

• tlw1
    nibnob21 said:

Indeed, good eye. It's so much fun. Stripped the underside a few years ago and rebuilt with new bushes (slightly stiffer than OEM), damping adjustable coilovers etc etc etc. (Not actually as low as the photo below makes out)

Never going to be fast but the fun you can have in it is comparable to anything else, and the speed you can carry through corners is hilarious. With the upgrades made there's virtually no body roll so, as the old clichés go, "it handles like a go-kart" or "it handles like its on rails" - take your pick.

Only reason I often opt for the motorbike instead is the ease of overtaking. The general fun factor is no greater than driving the MX5.

Nice motor!
  • veronese68
    I do like them, lots of fun as you say. Even better if you strap a supercharger to it.
    I may have embarrassed a Ferrari 355 in one going round Castle Combe some years back 😁
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited April 2021
    tetley10 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon Slackers.

It's beaut of a hill isn't it. Few of them along there will test the legs and lungs.

Yep, 'testing' is the best description, 'specially as I haven't done any proper hills for a while. There are no good options to get back up the North Downs ridge round there, they're either bloody steep like B@stard Hill, or bloody long like Star Hill.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

I do like them, lots of fun as you say. Even better if you strap a supercharger to it.
    I may have embarrassed a Ferrari 355 in one going round Castle Combe some years back 😁

That's perhaps 'cos the Ferrari driver didn't have any balls.