Cyclist Becky James' mother breaks pelvis in bike knock

apreading
apreading Posts: 4,535
edited May 2017 in Road general
The mother of a Welsh Olympic medal-winning cyclist has been knocked over while cycling, breaking her pelvis.

Olympian Becky James, 25, pleaded with people to "think bike" after her mother Christine James was hit.

The 55-year-old, from Abergavenny, tweeted a picture of herself wearing a neck brace after the incident in Monmouthshire on Thursday afternoon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-39980810

Get well soon...!

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,586
    Very grim :-(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,813
    Same thing happened to her sister in mid week:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/driver-arrested-after-hitting-becky-james-sister-ffion-in-wales-495379

Not quite the full story regarding the driver...
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,263
    I have a student with the same name Ffion James... I was disappointed to find out she isn't "the real thing".

It's obviously sad when someone gets knocked off their bike, but is it thread-worthy? In other words, is there anything worth discussing? Shxt happens...
    left the forum March 2023
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited April 2021
    It's obviously sad when someone gets knocked off their bike, but is it thread-worthy? In other words, is there anything worth discussing? Shxt happens...

this. its like that time when someone posted that that lady off breakfast tv was "hot" because "she rode a bike" and she wasn't and so what?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    I'd say something being threadworthy on a cycling forum should be a pretty low bar. Hopefully all recover well in both incidents.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

I have a student with the same name Ffion James... I was disappointed to find out she isn't "the real thing".

I'm sure Ffion feels exactly the same way about you...