Saturday, This weekend is all but over

Morning, dull, cold the normal Saturday weather, riding early relaxing later
Dog walked and fed, I’m just having a cuppa
Have a good weekend

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Early walk for hounds so can get ready for builders - which isn’t ideal as I’m knackered.

Meeting a pal for a road bike blast and then a few jobs followed by cider

At some point a mate is dropping off a Yorkshire bike for the wife to try, get the feeling it will be expensive
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited April 2021
    Not sure it's a brand - https://yorkshirebike.co.uk.

Stunning clear, not a breath of wind but a touch of Frost. I shall let the sun burn it off and then pedal. In the meanwhile, going to look at a (another) bike for Tricky.

Where tf is everyone?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning all. Weekly shop done. Put that lot away then brekky and a much needed coffee.

More bike fettling but generally a relaxed one today. Family Zoom later for mother's birthday...I probably shouldn't view these things as a bit of a chore.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Not sure it's a brand - https://yorkshirebike.co.uk.

Eeeeee bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Eeeeee bike - umm.

Got a few jobs on today, mostly of the deliver and procure variety. Bike ride tomorrow when the weathers a bit nicer, going to push the boat out and try for 40k.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Eeeek bike surely?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'ning

windycold ride, should've had more cake, may hibernate
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Eeeeee bike - umm.

Got a few jobs on today, mostly of the deliver and procure variety. Bike ride tomorrow when the weathers a bit nicer, going to push the boat out and try for 40k.

A metric or imperial 40?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    'kin parky out. Off in a bit to warm up by doing a shift of groundworks in #1 daughter's garden, at least it's dry.

How come the weekend's peak sunshine clashes with de Ronde vV? Who organised that? Fayling Grayling again? Watch live or go for the ride and catch up....? Suppose I could get up early. Decisions.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eeeeee bike - umm.

A metric or imperial 40?
    Has to be imperial of course, per another thread. 40,000 miles. Sounds like a Daniel Friebe understanding of distance.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. That answers Piña's first question, Stevo's answered his second question before it was even asked. These time travelling terminator types are very impressive.
    Nothing planned for today, at least not that I've been made aware of.
    TLW, is the eeeeeeebike so she can join you on longer rides? If so have you thought about this properly?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Where tf is everyone?

Busy riding bikes and doing exercise classes with dancing ladies (and men).

Nippy out, and the sun's gone in now.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Cold out, dragging my arse around the football pitch later, bike ride tomorrow morning, early morning stiffness permitting.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

cold. was invited to go out riding but massively demotivated. Wandered up from the garden to find TDV talking to some lunatic on the doorstep - not sure what that is all abaht.

apart from that, nothing else to report - soz.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eeeeee bike - umm.

A metric or imperial 40?
    Kilometres, you didn't think I'd gone full roadie did you? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. That answers Piña's first question, Stevo's answered his second question before it was even asked. These time travelling terminator types are very impressive.
    TLW, is the eeeeeeebike so she can join you on longer rides? If so have you thought about this properly?

I travelled forward in time to anticipate the obvious question :smile:
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Maybe he thought the k was because you were riding 40,000 miles 🤔
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

i wish i could travel back in time to kick Stanley Johnson repeatedly in the testicles, preferably about 10 minutes before he decided to impegnate Mrs J.
  • MattFalle
    Oh - lunatic wants to put a horse/small animal incenrator in his farm about 1/2k away. Allegedly no emissions, smells, not open to the public so only him cutting around with a barrow full of dead animals.

TDV is now researching animal incinerators.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Cheap glue/lard for you then
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    MattFalle said:

Oh - lunatic wants to put a horse/small animal incenrator in his farm about 1/2k away. Allegedly no emissions, smells, not open to the public so only him cutting around with a barrow full of dead animals.

once he's set fire to them, is he going to throw them over the fence?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    In Sainsbury’s. Send help.

No bike today, going to aim to get out tomorrow morning. Another day of getting over the cold the 9yo generously shared with us all. Tomorrow may be off depending. Also going to try to mark a few courseworks later. Boring day.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Right, which one of you b@st@rds has the voodoo doll?

I've had - for more than a week now - a particularly sore shoulder/neck/arm thing going on with no obvious cause, and today was worse than ever. Saw physio during the week but other than costing me a chunk of money there was no change. A double whisky plus a couple large glasses of red avec dinner have made no impact either.

Was scorchio here today - 32 deg C, in April no less! Windy too. Cool change tomorrow forecast back to more normal.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    I was going to ask why anyone would have a voodoo doll and attack Spinner of all people. Then I remembered the pictures the barsteward keeps posting of what a beautiful place he lives in and it made sense. Wasn't me though, honest.
    The MFs can dispose of the bodies soon, so long as they are not too fat. Just need to rig up a catapult that can fling the flaming cadavers.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

Cheap glue/lard for you then

its a sticky situation.

tbh, until TDV started researching them I didn't even know the range you could get. Its enough to confuse even the most ardent dead animal setter fire to person.
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

once he's set fire to them, is he going to throw them over the fence?
    imagine the size of the hammer he's going to use.
  • MattFalle

I was going to ask why anyone would have a voodoo doll and attack Spinner of all people. Then I remembered the pictures the barsteward keeps posting of what a beautiful place he lives in and it made sense. Wasn't me though, honest.
    The MFs can dispose of the bodies soon, so long as they are not too fat. Just need to rig up a catapult that can fling the flaming cadavers.

trebuchet the flaming horse at the peasants.

it'll be mega. like that weird 1980s film about the castle under siege where they trebucheted horses into the well but all the fim was was a thin veneer for the 4 main parties to be sagging each other.

There - thats a film for you to find today oh ardent film hunters
  • MattFalle

I've had - for more than a week now - a particularly sore shoulder/neck/arm thing going on with no obvious cause, and today was worse than ever. Saw physio during the week but other than costing me a chunk of money there was no change. A double whisky plus a couple large glasses of red avec dinner have made no impact either.

Was scorchio here today - 32 deg C, in April no less! Windy too. Cool change tomorrow forecast back to more normal.

any pain going down back/into legs?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    MattFalle said:

any pain going down back/into legs?
    Not really, no. Left calf muscle is rather tight today which is unusual, but back itself is fairly ok.

I have a specific sciatic nerve irritation which manifests as pins/needles localised to 4th toe on left foot. Had it for yonks... comes and goes somewhat. But that's not bad at the moment.

This is somehow like an ice pick in middle of right trapezius, with referred neuralgia through lats -> tricep -> forearm on right side, plus neck ache. Physio reckons rotator cuff issue. I disagree, because I know I have significant arthritic deterioration in C4 in particular, which affects C2/3 side, and C5/6 have already been fused. (That was meant to "fix" the arm pains, but instead made it worse and more persistent.)

Neck mobility is already poor and at the moment is much worse which doesn't help.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    No other new injuries? Not been doing anything weirdly strenuos?