friday and a partridge in a curry

'ning

colder

ride up and down, cafe and cake, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold northerly wind here, cycling this morning, lawn to sort out later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds and then a long (ish) hilly run with a pal. Current wife slightly grumpy as I was out last night on the fun bike/drinking cider with another pal 🙄

A few jobs then into town, then cider
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Not much planned, outside probably trying to dodge zombies, plus deflecting criticism for choosing not to break covid rules to do bike races I don't want to do anyway.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Picnic at NT Gardens with the outlaws. Mrs doors wants to do it properly with a wicker picnic basket, plates and glasses. Muggins has to do the lugging.... easier to get a deliveroo sent in.
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning, motorbike ride this morning then new bicycle fettling this afternoon.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    What's the new bike Nibnob - it better not be black with deep rims that are also black? They're all black now. Every damn new bike I pass is... black with black handlebar tape.

Stunning breathless, cloudless day here before winter. The end is nigh (for the remaining tree stumps), holes drilled in them and pickled in flammables for a year.

...and do you have black shorts Nibnob? They all have black shorts those cyclerists I see and black tops and black helmets and black socks and black shoes.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

..and do you have black shorts Nibnob? They all have black shorts those cyclerists I see and black tops and black helmets and black socks and black shoes.

There's a reason why shorts are black:

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Windy and bliwey as feck so doing some stuff in the gym.

Had email last night pinging me away to do stuff that means 72 days out of it including 5 different countries. Not happy as this wasn't meant to happen so kicking back.

Apart from that, kinda groovy.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stay safe MF!

Serious lie-in this morning, porridge porridged, very nice with a mashed ripe banana and a slightly runny, deep roast peanut butter mixed through. I intend to read lots today
  • MattFalle
    grazie! am working as hard as I can to stall as am, frankly, v v disinterested in the shenanigans of the first 35 days of it. The rest of it will be bonzer though, so I don't mind that.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Not so traditional slow start is being enjoyed, love a long weekend. Should do a bit of fettling later, cars and bikes are in need of some loving. D'oh! Forgot to pick up a starter relay for the Mini when I was at work. That's one less job to do.
    What's the motorbike nibnob? Haven't had one that works for a few years. We don't mention my Bonnie as the EPO talks about selling it if she is reminded of it. Lad wants to get his licence soon.
    Better make some coffee to aid procrastination.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    feels like february out there, brrrrrr

new sram chainring working like a chainring should, also replaced the bowties on m' speedplays as the old ones were quite worn, necessary as the new wahoo versions are both pug-ugly and heavier
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Walked dog. Made coffee. Faffed in shed. Made lunch. Made more coffee. Snoozed in sunshine. Spent a couple hours cleaning up mortar joints in living room walls.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

It's lovely here but I'm sitting on the garden out of the wind.
    Next door's black cat came to hide in the shade, I think he was a bit warm.

Decided I should get round to replacing that freehub body:

Which has involved cleaning up a rusty cartridge bearing a repacking with grease because LBS is shut for bank hols.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We're at Hever Castle for the first of 3 Easter Egg hunts this weekend...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Lovely lovely pedal pedalled. Been too long. Sadly noone to enjoy it with.

Baby sleeping so quick sandwich and an espresso before much boozing in the park for a friend's bday. Only question is what to do with all the litter? Leave it lying around, yeah?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    elbowloh said:

We're at Hever Barnard Castle for the first of 3 Easter Egg hunts this weekend...

FTFY. Essential travel innit.
  • nibnob21
    pinno said:

What's the new bike Nibnob - it better not be black with deep rims that are also black? They're all black now. Every damn new bike I pass is... black with black handlebar tape.

Stunning breathless, cloudless day here before winter. The end is nigh (for the remaining tree stumps), holes drilled in them and pickled in flammables for a year.

...and do you have black shorts Nibnob? They all have black shorts those cyclerists I see and black tops and black helmets and black socks and black shoes.

New bike is a Ribble CX AL. Nothing particularly extravagant but it ticks all of my rather specific boxes at a pretty decent price, especially using Cyclescheme. Ribble said it would be delivered in September then it came in a week :o

It is red. Got a nice sparkle to it that wasn't apparent in the website photos.

I do have black shorts, but I thought everyone did. No black jerseys (one for the MTB but that doesn't count) or helmet though. Don't understand the stealth look when you're already vulnerable enough cycling on roads.

Morning folks,
    Not so traditional slow start is being enjoyed, love a long weekend. Should do a bit of fettling later, cars and bikes are in need of some loving. D'oh! Forgot to pick up a starter relay for the Mini when I was at work. That's one less job to do.
    What's the motorbike nibnob? Haven't had one that works for a few years. We don't mention my Bonnie as the EPO talks about selling it if she is reminded of it. Lad wants to get his licence soon.
    Better make some coffee to aid procrastination.

SV650 so again, nothing particularly exotic. But it's cheap fun and serves its purpose very well. Though I have just spotted the common clutch cover oil leak. Suzuki in their infinite wisdom on the first gens used a plastic cover bolted to the metal engine casing. Inevitably the plastic warps with time and causes a little drip.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Slow day here which is fine with me. Apart from a dog walk and a quick trip to the shops for a top up on supplies for a weekend, nothing doing. Emails from head office who don't do Easter aren't urgent enough to reply to today so they can wait.

Now chilling with the hounds while the female part of the household goes out for some fresh air.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

Which has involved cleaning up a rusty cartridge bearing a repacking with grease because LBS is shut for bank hols.
    Don't you think you should just ditch the whole wheel?
  • pinno
    nibnob21 said:

New bike is a Ribble CX AL. Nothing particularly extravagant but it ticks all of my rather specific boxes at a pretty decent price, especially using Cyclescheme. Ribble said it would be delivered in September then it came in a week :o

Being a Ribble, has it got Campag on it and None of that SimaNO, Sram rubbish?

• pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

..and do you have black shorts Nibnob? They all have black shorts those cyclerists I see and black tops and black helmets and black socks and black shoes.

There's a reason why shorts are black:

You and Seano just love posting pictures of sausages.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    pinno said:

nibnob21 said:

Never knew Ribble was Italian?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Hermes successfully delivered my parcel from chain reaction cycles at 13:57.
    Does anyone know where this is?

• nibnob21
    pinno said:

nibnob21 said:

Sram. Ribble are based in Preston and get their frames from the Middle East. Nothing Italian about that I'm afraid.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

Can't afford to, and it's a nice wheel.

It's all nice and fixed now, making that lovely Hope noise that people hate :smiley:
    Set of bearings on order for when I next bother to do any maintenance on it.
  • MattFalle
    edited April 2021
    Bought some new wheels. Nothing special, bog basics, brand new zero miles, next to nothing.

Will lob them on the next build I sell together with some Lifeline tyres and tubes so it'll be a nice profit maker.

#speculatetoaccumulate

also polished my Dr Ms.

#constructive day.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Today run hurt, think I may still be recovering. Mmmmmm sunshine and cider time
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

What's wrong with it?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    3 hours work, drive to MiL and back to say merry Easter. 3 hours work. That's my day. Bollocks is what I say.

Off on a Perła hunt now.