tuesday peel me a pineapple

'ning

ride, cafe, laze in the sun, read nyt, do crossword, read xuanzang on the silk road, perhaps another ride, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler hopefully the sun will come out and warm things up a bit, Tigger walked, early ride, busy afternoon if the Mrs has her way
    Have a good day
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning, dog walked (back into the dark again, waaa) and off to work in a moment. Have had to pack a completely different set of clothes for the commute home such is the change in temperature! Scorchio.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Not motivated at all today.
    Will try and go for a ride later, but I said the same yesterday.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work stuff that’s gone to shoot from the start........ decided to walk away before replying to an email 🤬

Later is sunshine, so summer bike, new glasses and shorts 😎
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    lovely sunny ride to start, ogled by ladies at cafe stop, not windy, still a bit nippy

summon resources for cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Zooooooom course all day......

Wake me up in a bit.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Zooooooom course all day......

Wake me up in a bit.

#voluntold
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    All I want to do is take today off and go pedal. I'm usually quite happy wistfully looking out the window but today the sun pulls hard.

To do list is manageable. Let's see what we can make happen.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

All I want to do is take today off and go pedal. I'm usually quite happy wistfully looking out the window but today the sun pulls hard.

I bunged in a spurious meeting. Meeting up with a couple of others at 12:15.
  • shirley_basso
    hopkinb said:

I have a a gap from 12-2. I may have to do my 2 oclock in a cycling top, or dig a grubby shirt out the wash.
  • hopkinb

hopkinb said:

I have a a gap from 12-2. I may have to do my 2 oclock in a cycling top, or dig a grubby shirt out the wash.
    I just stick a polo shirt over the bibs then plead bandwidth issues and turn my camera off..
  • MattFalle
    This is now surreal...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Work stuff that’s gone to shoot from the start........ decided to walk away before replying to an email 🤬

Later is sunshine, so summer bike, new glasses and shorts 😎

Pick the right glasses or you'll pick the wrong shorts.

Still windy here. B*stards.

Sundog - ?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Being chased this morning to make a decision on a job offer...it's a good job, for a decent wage, but i think my preference is to stay where I am for the moment. Just need confirmation from the director that my contract is being extended before I can make a decision.

Other than that, nice sunny day, im wearing shorts for the first time in months, i've got a 4 week old strapped to my chest whilst trying to WFH and have a vitamin B12 injection due this afternoon.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited March 2021
    Say that you have a job offer and you'll take it if your current contract is not extended? Then you're not playing a waiting game with time constraint. Besides, your current employers owe you a degree of certainty.

Injection for the infection.

I'm a poet and don't know it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

Say that you have a job offer and you'll take it if your current contract is not extended? Then you're not playing a waiting game with time constraint. Besides, your current employers owe you a degree of certainty.

Injection for the infection.

I'm a poet and don't know it.

Yeah, the director already knows about the other offer and i;ve just told her i;m being chased for an answer. She and other senior managers have all said they really want me to stay and how valuable I am, I just need to see something a bit more concrete.

Re. the B12. the doc rang up and said my B12 levels are low, but didn't explain how that relates to my knee. I googled B12 deficiency and it also affects other things, like...

errr...

...oh yeah...

...memory.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Being chased this morning to make a decision on a job offer...it's a good job, for a decent wage, but i think my preference is to stay where I am for the moment. Just need confirmation from the director that my contract is being extended before I can make a decision.

Other than that, nice sunny day, im wearing shorts for the first time in months, i've got a 4 week old strapped to my chest whilst trying to WFH and have a vitamin B12 injection due this afternoon.

as per Pinno but no matter what the money go with what makes you happy and is best for the family.

its priorities, innit...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

as per Pinno but no matter what the money go with what makes you happy and is best for the family.

its priorities, innit...
    Unless you get a new bike at the new place.......
  • MattFalle
    And you get to work with ladies in lab coats.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Woke up this morning to a "right then we're not drinking any alcohol all week".

Less than 5 minutes later she gets a text from friends, "BBQ is on tonight if you're up for it"

Beer it is.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    sungod said:

lovely sunny ride to start, ogled by ladies at cafe stop, not windy, still a bit nippy

summon resources for cafe stroll

You sure they weren't ogling your wallet SG? :smile:

Have deferred planned ride into work till tomorrow on the promise of a some free food 'n' drink in the office. It's just as warm tomorrow so no problem.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shirley_basso
    Work interrupted a bike ride. Sadly back to back calls all afternoon means no opportunity to catch up for the time lost so baking in the garden for 20 mins instead
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Lotsa stuff today. Builder back and made a lot of noise and mess, but also good progress. Sold a bike frame, plus a few other odds and ends, so will pack up for shipping tomorrow.

Out of wine this evening, so the scotch bottle took an extra hit.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164

Lotsa stuff today. Builder back and made a lot of noise and mess, but also good progress. Sold a bike frame, plus a few other odds and ends, so will pack up for shipping tomorrow.

Out of wine this evening, so the scotch bottle took an extra hit.

That's just poor planning WS - there are some things you must never run out of, like bog roll and milk. Wine is another one on the list :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Work worked. Back for quick lunch then get organised and out there. That sun is luvverly. And one of the river bridges is closed during the day for maintenance works so that rat run will be quiet as. Wonder if some uninformed jobsworth will give me the 'no you can't walk through' bs. Guess will find out.
  • hopkinb
    Laps lapped. Luvverly wevver. I'm fat and slow mind.
  • MattFalle
    Still on Zooooooooom course.

HOW MUCH LONGER WILL THIS PAIN GO ON FOR?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Just been marched into the school in front of all the other parents to be spoken to about my son likening another pupils skin colour to poop! What a great start to Easter.

Son for sale, if anyone is interested 😔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    WILL THIS NEVER END?
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

Just been marched into the school in front of all the other parents to be spoken to about my son likening another pupils skin colour to poop! What a great start to Easter.

Son for sale, if anyone is interested 😔

I level of trouble depends on whether your kid is in primary or 6th form...

That white dog poo that you no longer see anymore?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk