How to become a pro car racer?

Hello everyone,
I am very passionate about cycling. I practice it every day, constantly striving to improve my performance. I want to give my strength to the national team by becoming a professional cyclist. So how do I get there? Hope everyone can answer for me.
Thanks everyone.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Should the heading read car or bike ?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    Either way I think the OP wants it handed on a plate.
    Anyone fully committed will have done much more prior research.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • wilberforce
    wilberforce Posts: 294
    OP decided cycling on snow is too difficult then ........?
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13115387/are-mountain-bikes-good-for-snow#latest
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Hello everyone,
    I am very passionate about cycling. I practice it every day, constantly striving to improve my performance. I want to give my strength to the national team by becoming a professional cyclist. So how do I get there? Hope everyone can answer for me.
    Thanks everyone.

Hmmm, sounds like you have strong kidneys 👍

Maybe sell the mountain bike you were going to buy two weeks ago and buy a road bike.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    Train, learn to race safely, enter local races, win local races, move up to higher level races, win those, get noticed by national federation and / or low level pro team and hopefully you'll be the one in thousands of passionate cyclists that make it to being a pro living out of a suitcase for 8 months a year scratching around for a minimum wage contract every year so you can be a glorified butler to your team leader.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    If it is Car racer, then simply ensure you're the son of a Russian billionaire, then buy your way into an F1 seat. Spin out twice in qualifying / practice at your first GP, where your race debut will last 3 corners.
    Ability to actually drive at F1 level optional.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Take the green pills.

Oh sorry, I'm thinking about chess.

Seriously though - just enter races. And win them.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    edited March 2021
    Be the result of a selective gene breeding program like MvdP. surest way.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    edited March 2021

Be the result of a selective gene breeding program like MvdP. surest way.

MvdP and Vos would be a good pedigree. Covers all disciplines at the highest level too (though possibly wouldn't produce a GT candidate).
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,451
    You want to be a pro cyclist who races against cars?
    Seems pretty niche, let us know how you get on.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Write a letter in comic sans font to Dave Brailsford.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    join the forces

show them you can cycle

become a tracksuit soldier/sailor/airman

get paid more than most domestiques to travel the world riding your bike with no contract, medical, housing, food, clothing bills to worry about

this applies to basically all sports, so if you turn out to be not very good just do something else
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    or become a postman
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    On the remote chance this was a serious post. Join a good club get coaching . Pick one with a good record. If you have gone that route already they should answer your questions . If they can't change your coach
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

On the remote chance this was a serious post. Join a good club get coaching . Pick one with a good record. If you have gone that route already they should answer your questions . If they can't change your coach

I doubt it as on March 19th he wanted to buy a bike to get in shape. Then was asking if mountain bikes were any good in the snow as he wanted to train his kidneys.
    Or on the off chance it is serious he needs to get some better translation.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    webboo said:

I doubt it as on March 19th he wanted to buy a bike to get in shape. Then was asking if mountain bikes were any good in the snow as he wanted to train his kidneys.
    Or on the off chance it is serious he needs to get some better translation.
    Or better transplantation.