'ning

less nippy, more gloomy

ride far, cafe, laze, mayhap watch volta, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Trying to work out why I've overslept by about an hour :neutral:
    Currently very wet but looks like it might dry up for a bit soon.
    Might be a good day for a trip to the beach as it will be quiet.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Getting nagged to do DIY by the wife. Not sure when I'm supposed to do it. All the spare time I'm not working, I'm either literally holding the baby (as I am right now) or doing the house work that she can't do when she's holding the baby as the little one just doesn't want to be put down ever.

I do all the cooking (and always have done) I do all the nursery runs. I'm more than a little annoyed tbh
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Put the little one down.
    It'll bawl for a while and bawling makes them strong.

Extra hour of light this evening so we can see it rain for longer. Great.

Volta needs to get a bit more interesting quickly given there's not a lot of it left. Did like Sagan winning though.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    How's your head TLW?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Tired as last night was a late one and a bit boozy.

May be slow today.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    elbowloh said:

Getting nagged to do DIY by the wife. Not sure when I'm supposed to do it. All the spare time I'm not working, I'm either literally holding the baby (as I am right now) or doing the house work that she can't do when she's holding the baby as the little one just doesn't want to be put down ever.

I do all the cooking (and always have done) I do all the nursery runs. I'm more than a little annoyed tbh

She’s carried your baby inside her for 9months twice in the past two years, not to mention child birth. Give her a kiss and do the DIY.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2021
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

She’s carried your baby inside her for 9months twice in the past two years, not to mention child birth. Give her a kiss and do the DIY.
    how do you know they are his?

#presumptions
    #assumptions
    #scandal!!!!
  • MattFalle
    Just give up all hope E man and do what needs doing - its just the way it is.

No point in fighting it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

How's your head TLW?

All good thank you 😎
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

how do you know they are his?

#presumptions
    #assumptions
    #scandal!!!!
    Ooh, bit below the belt there MF. Family dynamics, always a fun topic, for me...

Forgot about the clock change, however tech ain't so easily fooled. Still well windy and legs complaining big time about yesterday's exploits so easy day of pottering, seedlings fettling and the like with Gent Wevelgem on in the background.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked, now catching up with the f1 before dads taxi stuff.

Unsure of the rest of the day but I have no choice as apparently it’s still the birthday weekend
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start as I too seem to have lost an hour. Lad was up far earlier than expected and has gone to buy 'shrooms, sausages, beans, black pud, eggs, etc for an unfried breakfast.
    Walk to the old dear's with the lad to see how she's doing. Other than that just pottering.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I would do it if I had the time to do it. I don't get left alone to do it! Can you do this, fetch that, do this with child number 1 etc
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    windy cold windy cold windy cold

volta coming up, followed by gent-wevelgem
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited March 2021
    elbowloh said:

Women; can't live with them, can't kill them. As a particularly misogynist coont of my acquaintance was fond of saying.

While the nippers are nipping, get a cleaner? Get someone in if the DIY is significant enough? Batch cook so the freezer always has something good for those days when it's too much effort to make something.

Last weekend was a day spent weeding, clearing and fertilising all the big pots and raised beds, plus a trip to the tip. Yesterday, I spent 4 hours cleaning the winter cr@p out of the garden, got wet and filthy doing it. The thanks I got was a moan that the cover had blown off the furniture and that I'd put the swingy egg chair thing back in the wrong place.

Whenever she gets on one it's, "I do everything round here". The kids actually now tell her that no she doesn't, it's dad who does the washing/drying/folding/putting away, and the cooking and the cleaning (though not that anymore, as the cleaners are back). What she means is that she does the online food shopping and shouts at us when she's in a mood.

I just play a little tune in my head and wait for it to blow over.

Not sure what to do today. Looks a bit windy, and my right ear is totally blocked, so I reckon I'd fall off my bike.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Been for a ride, not a long one as it was too windy to be enjoyable. But it was outside. Maccie d birthday breakfast for the 8yo since it’s not going to be possible to do it on his actual birthday (tomorrow) - sausage and egg muffin sans fromage for me. Now hoping to finish marking sixth formers’ coursework soon having just sent them all an online message to remind them that the final deadline has passed and therefore asking me for yet more feedback to improve their work is out of order.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Women; can't live with them, can't kill them.

Don't worry, it's the same for men... :D

Had a break from walking the dog as Sig Oth was ok to go this morning. Has some foot problems that keep him off long walks occasionally.

Day spent mainly finishing up the log splitting and stacking job. Should now have enough to last through all winter, although some of it looked perhaps a little green still for my liking.

Windy/showery too, not what I ordered.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

I would do it if I had the time to do it. I don't get left alone to do it! Can you do this, fetch that, do this with child number 1 etc
    You sound a bit surprised by it Elbow. Not been married long? ;) Nip it in the bud now or get a job with loads of overtime as soon as lockdown is finished.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2021
    This will be Elbow in a few years

https://youtu.be/0ChZLlXi908

Anyone with a wife on their second marriage might sympathise as well :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    @pinno

Mate just sent me this link. Can you report someone for cruelty to 911's?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1980-porsche-911-turbo-rinspeed-R69
  • veronese68
    That's truly hideous 😳
    I suppose it has a novelty value and it's very much of its time. But that would have looked ridiculous even in the 80s.
  • Stevo_666

That's truly hideous 😳
    I suppose it has a novelty value and it's very much of its time. But that would have looked ridiculous even in the 80s.

Who t.f. bid 5 grand for it? :o:) Although the seller was sensible enough not to put a reserve price on it...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Took dog and mini out.

@veronese68 - have you had the boardwalk by Beverly Brook up for firewood? ;) Maybe it has just all rotted away, what with the general swampiness.

We got very muddy indeed.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

Took dog and mini out.

@veronese68 - have you had the boardwalk by Beverly Brook up for firewood? ;) Maybe it has just all rotted away, what with the general swampiness.

We got very muddy indeed.

😂 I walked along the brook with the lad today and told him the problem with the boardwalk is they seem to have removed the section over the muddiest bit, presumably it rotted and became unsafe.
    Yes, very muddy on that section but the rest of the area isn't too bad now.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

That's truly hideous 😳

Who t.f. bid 5 grand for it? :o:) Although the seller was sensible enough not to put a reserve price on it...
    Hopefully anyone blind enough to bid doesn't have a driving licence
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

@pinno

If they'd made the tail a bit longer it would've been a pickup truck.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Anyone on their second wife might sympathise as well :p

rockin' 😂😂
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

rockin' 😂😂
    That's not you is it MF? :p
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

rockin' 😂😂
    That's not you is it MF? :p
    that bloke is too young to be me ....
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2021
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

@pinno

If they'd made the tail a bit longer it would've been a pickup truck.
    Could be a good buy for HD?

Edit: not any more. Somebody just bid £50k for it :o I wonder if that includes the cost of replacing half the exterior when the owner of the Testarossa they were nicked off spots this and claims them back.