friday flying low across the trees, pilots doing what they please

'ning

forecast soggy

may skip ride if wet, won't skip coffee, ignore webex invites, relax, something italian-inspired, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine at the mo, rain and strong winds forecast , early start today , Tigger already walked , just having coffee and breakfast ,
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Extended walk with hounds as legs too sore to run.

Work stuff and then the start of birthday stuff with the current wife.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    WFW
    Bike ride later if the weather perks up like the forecast says it will
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning. Dog walked. Wind behind me for ride in to the office and looks to be calming down before home time. Bike and car tinkering this weekend, ready for the clocks changing and stay local to be lifted = MTB after work and Mrs nibnob finally being able to travel with baby nibnob. No idea how she's managed to cope with winter lockdown and a newborn. At least I've got social interaction at work.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Dog walked, then some tidying up of stuff about the place. New tiles were delivered yesterday - all 2700 kg of them! Had to move about a third of the boxes this morning as they were blocking car access in garage...

Picked up new specs this arvo. Two pairs, one distance/driving, and one for reading stuff etc, because they couldn’t get a satisfactory set in one multifocal lens. Weird, given my last couple of pairs have been just fine...

Late ride round local trail, just because it was empty, and a lovely day for it...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Sacked the bike this morning because I’m a lazy wimp but all will change next week when I switch to sungod’s patented training regime in my bid to crack Hollywood.

Rise at 3:30am, coffee, weights, protein, steroids. Work webex, lunch, weights, protein, steroids. Gym, protein, steroids, acting lesson, bubbly, protein, steroids, bed.

#gettothechopper!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Dog walked, then some tidying up of stuff about the place. New tiles were delivered yesterday - all 2700 kg of them! Had to move about a third of the boxes this morning as they were blocking car access in garage...

Picked up new specs this arvo. Two pairs, one distance/driving, and one for reading stuff etc, because they couldn’t get a satisfactory set in one multifocal lens. Weird, given my last couple of pairs have been just fine...

Late ride round local trail, just because it was empty, and a lovely day for it...

Beautiful 👍
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    On a bit of (adult) childminding this morning, after getting rudely awakened by the dustmen a ringing phone early, for me, hours.

Indicating will be a bit of an odd day. Currently caffeinating then prob richard about on t'internet for a while.

It's got nothing to do with "Vorsprung durch Technik" you know
    And it's not about you joggers that go 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round....
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

On a bit of (adult) childminding this morning, after getting rudely awakened by the dustmen a ringing phone early, for me, hours.

Indicating will be a bit of an odd day. Currently caffeinating then prob richard about on t'internet for a while.

And it's not about you joggers that go 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round....

I wasn’t sure if it was me so I read it twice to be sure, it’s you. That makes no sense whatsoever. Take some aspirin and dial 999
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    orraloon said:

Old fart life!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    seanoconn said:

..That makes no sense whatsoever. Take some aspirin and dial 999

Pause. Yarp. Pause.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Got a Teams meeting later to discuss contract terms with a chap who's offering me a job. I applied for and interviewed for a different job, but he came back and offered me a different job. It does look interesting, but a little bit out of my field and, if you were follow the job spec 100% you'd say it's an IT job! I did elements of this job before and worked closely with colleagues who did this role, but not something i did myself. 12 month fixed contract, with possible permanent role after that.

Current place, we're i'm on a fixed term contract until the end of June want me to stay, would like me to go permanent, but to do so they would have to go technically outside of the paygrade for the role. They're seeing what they can do, or they could extend my contract.

If they could pay me the right amount, i'd stay where I am and go permanent as i'm really enjoying it, but they can't say just yet.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

Sacked the bike this morning because I’m a lazy wimp but all will change next week when I switch to sungod’s patented training regime in my bid to crack Hollywood.

Rise at 3:30am, coffee, weights, protein, steroids. Work webex, lunch, weights, protein, steroids. Gym, protein, steroids, acting lesson, bubbly, protein, steroids, bed.

#gettothechopper!

don't forget the blood transfusions. everyone loves a blood transfusion.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Anyhow,

ciao

refreshed after falling asleep at 8:30 last night (or 8:30 last night as we call it in my part of the Army). TDV said she could hear me snoring from downstairs, so a job well done I think.

Meant to be heading off to do some things with big bags on our backs in prep of some intresting and intriguing stuff coming up later this year but have decided to go and shout at people instead.

So, some Tay Tay, coffee, bit of Lucy Worsley googling and thats it.

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, looking fairly nice outside. Luckily the forecast up to 9am was dreadful so I wasn't tempted to ride pre-work on one of the only vaguely acceptable days of the year, even with my new and improved start time...

The OH has today and Monday off so I accidentally had a few too many glasses of wine last night. Need to wake up as I have a bit of prep for a client call later. OH has been up and down over the last year and it's the anniversary of her Grandad's non-funeral where she sat in work crying rather than drive via Barnard Castle to get her eyes tested. Being emotionally repressed it's not the sort of thing that gets to me but it's certainly got to here. She's on about drinking all my whisky in some sort of quiet memorial later :#
  • MattFalle
    haydenm said:

Morning, looking fairly nice outside. Luckily the forecast up to 9am was dreadful so I wasn't tempted to ride pre-work on one of the only vaguely acceptable days of the year, even with my new and improved start time...

The OH has today and Monday off so I accidentally had a few too many glasses of wine last night. Need to wake up as I have a bit of prep for a client call later. OH has been up and down over the last year and it's the anniversary of her Grandad's non-funeral where she sat in work crying rather than drive via Barnard Castle to get her eyes tested. Being emotionally repressed it's not the sort of thing that gets to me but it's certainly got to here. She's on about drinking all my whisky in some sort of quiet memorial later :#

thoughts, etc. just sounds like a rubbish situation.
  • MattFalle
    Tay Tay and new boot polishing with fresh coffee.

Join the Army they saud, travel the world they said ....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

#gettothechopper!

No EPO?! Amateur.

Despite all the domestic shenanigans Elbow, sounds like you are in a good position. Nice headache to have.

Lucy Worsley... sigh.

Breezy here and a bit chilly but hey - the sun is out.

Good luck Hayden - sounds like you'll need it.

@Wheelspinner [politely] f*ck off. Anyone can find pics like that on the internet.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Meant to be heading off to do some things with big bags on our backs in prep of some intresting and intriguing stuff coming up later this year but have decided to go and shout at people instead.

MattFalle said:

?

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited March 2021
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

?

He's being deployed to the middle east...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • haydenm
    MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

thoughts, etc. just sounds like a rubbish situation.
    Cheers, being hungover at work is a fate nobody deserves.

Oh I see, not much we can do, loads of people in the same situation or much worse I'm sure. At the time it was peak covid panic and there was nothing anyone could do. Even with out covid I think she would be down this wekeend, she's a much nicer person than I am and I don't understand it
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

?

Polishing his boots with fresh coffee first though. I always wondered how they got that high gloss shine.

• pinno
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

?

Polishing his boots with fresh coffee first though. I always wondered how they got that high gloss shine.

My mate (who was a signaller) had two pairs - one for everyday use and one for show.
    He got a tin of wax, heated it gently, and then used a warm spoon to coat the boot and make it glossy.

A tale (true or not, I do not know) is that they found a man in his humble cottage in a remote part of the highlands who had died.
    They found a pair of boots. The leather and laces had almost completely disintegrated but the 'shell' from the waxing had remained intact.
  • pinno
    Right, I am just about to man tfu and go into that gale and pedal.
    I'll probably need some of Seano's performance enhancements to recover. Perhaps he would kindly send me some in a Jiffy bag.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

?

My mate (who was a signaller) had two pairs - one for everyday use and one for show.
    He got a tin of wax, heated it gently, and then used a warm spoon to coat the boot and make it glossy.

A tale (true or not, I do not know) is that they found a man in his humble cottage in a remote part of the highlands who had died.
    They found a pair of boots. The leather and laces had almost completely disintegrated but the 'shell' from the waxing had remained intact.
    I had a mate in an aviation academy who had a side business selling pre shined shoes and belt buckles which he hid in the ceiling tiles. Unfortunately he got busted by gunnery sergeant Foley who punished him for an entire weekend, trying to force him to quit. Zack Mayo, my friend, broke down in tears telling Foley that he had nowhere else to go. Foley gave Zack one more chance to prove himself. Zack was a changed man and later saved his girlfriend from her dead end factory job as he whisked her off her feet wearing his smart military dress uniform and walked out with her in his arms to the applause of her colleagues.
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2021
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

#gettothechopper!

No EPO?! Amateur.

Despite all the domestic shenanigans Elbow, sounds like you are in a good position. Nice headache to have.

Lucy Worsley... sigh.

Breezy here and a bit chilly but hey - the sun is out.

Good luck Hayden - sounds like you'll need it.

@Wheelspinner [politely] f*ck off. Anyone can find pics like that on the internet.

talking of work this week, and WA's pictures. been in worse places, saved this for today to cheer you all up.

#taxpayers'money
    #wedidgetonthechopper
    #pickyourunitifyou'regoodenough
    #bystrength.....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Spent most of the morning on Teams meetings - yawn. Still got mice making scratching noises in the loft so looking to block a few entry points as well as the usual traps. Mind you sounds like the little ****ers have got under the floorboards upstairs as well. That'll be a fun job.

Onwards to more torturing of numbers, followed by cider later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Hmm, where'd my post go?

Just for @pinno

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    Client call at 1pm, difficult questions about tax, then I'll fly through my expenses and an early finish hopefully.

A company I wanted to work for has finally released some job roles 6-8 months late for me. My new job is great but I'd liked to have been able to interview for this too at the time. Ah well
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    haydenm said:

Client call at 1pm, difficult questions about tax, then I'll fly through my expenses and an early finish hopefully.

A company I wanted to work for has finally released some job roles 6-8 months late for me. My new job is great but I'd liked to have been able to interview for this too at the time. Ah well

I thought it was all dead simple?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]