thursday loaches out to have a blast

2»

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Disappointing day. Not a loach to be seen. Pah!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

What kind of bait were you using?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    seanoconn said:

What kind of bait were you using?
    wrong kind of loach
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    In other news. New bike maintenance stand arrived ready for fettling, hitting with hammer, settling alight and chucking over neighbours fence.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy but good day in the orifice. Beautiful assistant was in which certainly brightens the mood. Unfortunately this means directors spend more time around my desk and so stealing my chocolate Hobnobs.
    Managed to wobble in which is good, that makes the 4th day on the trot involving velocipede. Wrist still gets uncomfortable and stiff, but not as bad as before which is good.
    Didn't charge my camera so didn't record the ride in, this means I had a very eventful ride. Car crashed into a van right in front of me, girl running in the park with 'just do it' written across her aris', nearly had a clipless moment, locked up avoiding a car that came round a corner on the wrong side of the road and then got hooted at and close passed for no good reason. Charged the camera at work and had a lovely relaxing ride home that was completely uneventful 😀
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    thistle_ said:

Terrible day for a bike ride by the way:

WTF is that saddle angle all about?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

thistle_ said:

Terrible day for a bike ride by the way:

No idea. I think it's a combo of camera angle and the slope of the ground because it's almost level right now in the porch :neutral:
  • ballysmate
    Perhaps your porch has suffered subsidence?
  • ballysmate

Evening folks,
    Busy but good day in the orifice. Beautiful assistant was in which certainly brightens the mood. Unfortunately this means directors spend more time around my desk and so stealing my chocolate Hobnobs.
    Managed to wobble in which is good, that makes the 4th day on the trot involving velocipede. Wrist still gets uncomfortable and stiff, but not as bad as before which is good.
    Didn't charge my camera so didn't record the ride in, this means I had a very eventful ride. Car crashed into a van right in front of me, girl running in the park with 'just do it' written across her aris', nearly had a clipless moment, locked up avoiding a car that came round a corner on the wrong side of the road and then got hooted at and close passed for no good reason. Charged the camera at work and had a lovely relaxing ride home that was completely uneventful 😀

Bad news on the hobnobs front.
    By the sounds of it, you could be a candidate for retraining as you remarked on your assistant's looks rather than her ability. Best we gloss over the runner with the noteworthy aris as well.
    For my own part, I have taken advice on board and am now only half the sexist I was. I just ogle women with one eye now. Mind you, I use my much better left one.
  • Wheelspinner
    thistle_ said:

No idea. I think it's a combo of camera angle and the slope of the ground because it's almost level right now in the porch :neutral:
    “Almost...”? 😀

You just snuck out and fixed it, didn’t you?

I’ve a couple of seatposts with those stupid single bolt clamp systems, and they’re a right PITA (literally!) to get adjusted correctly. I use SMP saddles on the bikes I rode most, and the difference in comfort a couple degrees saddle tilt makes is very noticeable.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158

Evening folks,

By the sounds of it, you could be a candidate for retraining as you remarked on your assistant's looks rather than her ability. Best we gloss over the runner with the noteworthy aris as well.
    For my own part, I have taken advice on board and am now only half the sexist I was. I just ogle women with one eye now. Mind you, I use my much better left one.
    Bally, you should pop over to Cake Stop as there are a couple of threads going that could get you your annual upgrade from misogynist to bigot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

Evening folks,

Bally, you should pop over to Cake Stop as there are a couple of threads going that could get you your annual upgrade from misogynist to bigot.
    Didn’t think that required annual re-certification, thought it was more a “life time achievement award”. 😀
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

In other news. New bike maintenance stand arrived ready for fettling, hitting with hammer, settling alight and chucking over neighbours fence.

Get in! Remember massive amounts of swearing as well.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

Stevo_666 said:

Evening folks,

Didn’t think that required annual re-certification, thought it was more a “life time achievement award”. 😀
    always need to keep on top of your game - no point risking skill fade in something as important as this.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

thistle_ said:

“Almost...”? 😀

I’ve a couple of seatposts with those stupid single bolt clamp systems, and they’re a right PITA (literally!) to get adjusted correctly. I use SMP saddles on the bikes I rode most, and the difference in comfort a couple degrees saddle tilt makes is very noticeable.
    I have RSP seat posts - none of those silly notches which slowly wear/give you a (limiting) fixed position to choose from. They have 1 clamping bolt and 1 adjustment bolt, and serves as a secondary clamping bolt.
    They are a revelation.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

thistle_ said:

“Almost...”? 😀

It needs looking at for sure. It feels the same as the road bike when riding but the seat post seems higher than it used to be.
    It could just mean the shock sag needs setting again due to a change in rider mass :blush:
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

“Almost...”? 😀

I have RSP seat posts - none of those silly notches which slowly wear/give you a (limiting) fixed position to choose from. They have 1 clamping bolt and 1 adjustment bolt, and serves as a secondary clamping bolt.
    They are a revelation.
    agree re the notches - annoying.

my ec90 carbon job with the carbon head has been clamped in the same position for so many years (thinking 15 now) that you can't use a different saddle in it that needs different angle of tilt because its the notches are worn into one position.