thursday loaches out to have a blast

'ning

weather seems to be stuck on nippy

ride, cafes, no webexes, i foresee curry

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice start to the day bright ,mild, windy again, I’ve some shopping to do this morning, riding my bike, gardening later.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning,
    Sunny
    CBA
    WFH

Will try a bike ride later.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Bright as anything but wet
    Shattered
    Seriously, seriously cba.
    intend to do nothing. Nada, nil, nowt.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Chilled walk with hounds and now work stuff.

Later is a run in town, which has greatly upset the wife as it’s her birthday ‘week’ 🙄
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning. Looks nice outside, WFH today reviewing more reports. Finally unpacked new bike yesterday. Since when did manufacturers become so stingy they don't even supply frame protection stickers for cable chafe?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Currently sat in a national Fire Safety Workshop for the business. Half the people in the virtual room seem to be directors...not sure what i'm doing here.

Anyway, WFH obvs.

Cat shit all over the bathroom floor and on the stairs. Nice.
    You'd have thought with a 23 month old and a 4 week old (today) that our time would principally be taken up with human poo, but no.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    nibnob21 said:

Morning. Looks nice outside, WFH today reviewing more reports. Finally unpacked new bike yesterday. Since when did manufacturers become so stingy they don't even supply frame protection stickers for cable chafe?

Not sure, not bought a new bike (well frame) since 2014!

If that is the case, rather than error, yeah that is super stingy.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    nibnob21 said:

Slap some duct tape on it.

Brrr - and that can just f*ck off.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited March 2021
    tlw1 said:

Later is a run in town, which has greatly upset the wife as it’s her birthday ‘week’ 🙄

Take her with you? Take her to that Jacket spud place. In the event of dissent 'it's my birthday and you take me for a spud..[long womanly strop].' passive aggressive (or just plain aggressive), you've married the wrong woman.
    Or do you mean a run run, not a car run?

Remind her that you celebrate a birthday not a birthweek.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396
    elbowloh said:

Currently sat in a national Fire Safety Workshop for the business. Half the people in the virtual room seem to be directors...not sure what i'm doing here.

Anyway, WFH obvs.

Cat censored all over the bathroom floor and on the stairs. Nice.
    You'd have thought with a 23 month old and a 4 week old (today) that our time would principally be taken up with human poo, but no.

That’ll teach you to neglect the cat.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,408
    edited March 2021
    tlw1 said:

Look on the bright side, some of us seem to have OHs who have birthday years.

Taking half a day of 'hols' as I'm up against the use or lose it end of month deadline. Shortish bike ride at lunchtime with a mate. That said it's also coming up to our year end so I'll probably end up doing some work later on, but 'Teams' will be off and I'll only reply to emails if I feel like it...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    edited March 2021
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Take her with you? Take her to that Jacket spud place. In the event of dissent 'it's my birthday and you take me for a spud..[long womanly strop].' passive aggressive (or just plain aggressive), you've married the wrong woman.

I’m with the tlw1’s current wife on this. He has far too many friends and hobbies. I wouldn’t stand for it. A week of love for Mrs t required before she starts pooping on the stairs.
  • pinno
    Would you rub her nose in it or accept that it was justified?

I think Elbow wasn't being metaphorical. Could be wrong.
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Spud-u-like
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Anyway, WFH obvs.

Are you kidding me, that bloody cat gets loads of attention, it's injected with insulin twice a day, a round of tablets twice a day, blood sugar tests most days...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

I’m with the tlw1’s current wife on this. He has far too many friends and hobbies. I wouldn’t stand for it. A week of love for Mrs t required before she starts pooping on the stairs.
    Lol

To be clear, last night I didn’t do any hobbies or met up with mates 😂
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Anyway, WFH obvs.

Are you kidding me, that bloody cat gets loads of attention, it's injected with insulin twice a day, a round of tablets twice a day, blood sugar tests most days...
    2 kids under the age of two and a demanding cat!....

• pinno
    "I taught her how to run, she taught me how to dangle'.
    elbowloh said:

Spud-u-like

I think the place TLW frequents is actually called that.

• tlw1
    pinno said:

"I taught her how to run, she taught me how to dangle'.

elbowloh said:

Spud-u-like

I think the place TLW frequents is actually called that.

Haven’t been to my supplier for over a year 😢

Thankfully a mate owns a potato farm and drops off bags of potatoes at regular intervals
  • MattFalle
    and if thats not a reason for keeping him as a friend nothing is.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

and if thats not a reason for keeping him as a friend nothing is.

As are his planes 😂
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Thankfully a mate owns a potato farm and drops off bags of potatoes at regular intervals

tlw1 said:

As are his planes 😂

No wonder you've always got builders round, must cause quite a bit of damage when he misses the target.

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

As are his planes 😂

No wonder you've always got builders round, must cause quite a bit of damage when he misses the target.

😂

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    edited March 2021
    WFH today after a nice trip out yesterday. Weather is awful so I might be riding mtb for the rest of the week.

Dog likes to bark at arrivals these days, I tell him to go on his bed but now he sees 'under my desk' as 'on his bed'. So now when he hears a van arrive for the neighbour he runs down the stairs barking, forces his way under my desk (still barking), tries to settle himself gown by 'gruphing' rather than barking, then starts up again when the van leaves. As the van has left he is now snoring loudly under my desk. Might take him for a wander up the road as a reward for his difficult morning
  • elbowloh
    going to have a bash at this later.

Had a quick look at puzzle 1 and its pretty easy so hope it gets harder as you progress.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/25/gchq-releases-most-difficult-puzzle-ever-in-honour-of-alan-turing
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    If someone can give me a £50 note to use, plus a couple of others to show my workings I'll happily have a go at it.
  • thistle_
    Terrible day for a bike ride by the way:

• MattFalle
    Sooooo tired.
  • seanoconn
    My grass seed is growing! 🥳😃
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yay for Seano's seed!
    The Pinno advice paid off no doubt.