Wednesday, sure officer I spoke to him

Morning, wet, mild, tigger walked he his now a sleep in his basket, I’m just having some breakfast before a busy day.
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, ready for the start of tedious teams, first one at 8.

Then later is to be decided, won’t be as fun as last night fun bike and cider though
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hello. Not finding an awful lot of light and happiness at the moment but I enjoy reading these daily updates so keep going. Another busy day trying to keep the department together!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Work work. Don't rain. Please.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    johngti said:

Hello. Not finding an awful lot of light and happiness at the moment but I enjoy reading these daily updates so keep going

Ditto. Hope things are ok.

Was planning a work related bike ride first thing but it was raining so sacked that off and hopefully I'll go later when the sun's out.

Big fat white cat was trying to bully the little black kitten out of his own garden this morning. White cat saw me and bolted, straight into the gate that black kitten was sat on. Black kitten jumped onto the fence looking smug.

WFH now after that bit of fun.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

rode at dawn to avoid appalling traffic that is the new normal, sipped cafe stop coffee, time for cafe stroll, webex and ting, set up crowdfunding for v to solve the country's problems, something with many chillis, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    johngti said:

Hello. Not finding an awful lot of light and happiness at the moment but I enjoy reading these daily updates so keep going. Another busy day trying to keep the department together!

you ok JG? PM me if you need to. Its good to talk.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

In the gym listening to Def Leppard. Bit chilly so get this done, hot shower, eat all day.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Aye, we've all felt like that johngti. I know it sounds trite, but keep breathing, keep noticing spring if you can get out and about or away from work for 30 mins.

Long day of meetings etc ahead. Cottage pie to look forward to.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited March 2021
    johngti said:

Keep your chin up, John.

And PM, if needed*

*that goes out to anyone, btw
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Also available to chat if anyone needs.

Can meet for bike rides for those midland/north west based and welsh based thistle
  • johngti
    Thanks all.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Also available to chat if anyone needs.

Can meet for bike rides for those midland/north west based and welsh based thistle

Maybe we should arrange a meet up at the time trial on the 10th? But only if it's nice and sunny.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    A lovely lunch prepared for today in a pretty little lunch box. Popped it into my bag first thing so I didn’t leave it in the fridge as I normally do. Forgot my bag 😩

I’m available to chat also. And I promise not to get bored, p!sssd off and generally depressed by the weight of your miserableness.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

A lovely lunch prepared for today in a pretty little lunch box. Popped it into my bag first thing so I didn’t leave it in the fridge as I normally do. Forgot my bag

I once set off for work with my bag all packed, or so I thought. Forgotten a shirt and underwear hadn’t I. Had to make a quick stop in a Tesco that I rode past every morning as I realised just as I approached it.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Be careful which MF you get Johngti.

A brief spell of spring sunshine streaming through the windows and revealing all has had me and Mrs P reaching for the multi surface polish, glass cleaner, beeswax...

As soon as it clouds over we, we can relax.

3 x 175cm potted Beech saplings plus 1 rocket fuelled Clematis should be arriving today. Holes have been dug.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    A bit of wfh this morning, have to go to the old dear's this afternoon to see what's happening about the fence. Apparently it's enormous and she was stressing about it last night. Been in the orifice the last couple of as as my boss has the week off, back in there tomorrow along with my beautiful assistant. The computer system is still being utterly shite so I still can't do my job properly which is infuriating to say the least. At nearly 3 months in you'd think they'd have sorted a lot of the problems, unfortunately it seems the IT company we went with can talk the talk but not walk the walk. I've now got my former customers calling me to moan although I got out of sales a couple of years ago. It seems the guys can't tell them to fukc off with any panache so i need to do it properly.
    The only good thing about it is the problems caused professionally by Covid and Brexit seem lesser in comparison.
    Sorry, didn't mean to moan. Today being Wednesday I will be having beer or two later, There's a couple of interesing brews in the fridge. The lad is coming home for a bit tomorrow so I should probably get some more in. He seems to be doing really well at the moment which is really good to hear. Daughter is more of a challenge, it's really hard to motivate her to do anything when there is so little for her to do and she is so very good at doing nothing.
    Trying to stay positive is really hard at the moment, I think a lot of us are feeling that way. I'm always up for get togethers where permitted or an outdoor ride. If anyone needs help with bike fettlnig they are more than welcome to pitch up outside my garage, pull up a chair and ply me with beer or tea and have a mutual moaning session.
    Keep strong guys
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Head a message on LinkedIn offering me a job. Not the one i applied for, but looks interesting.

Not sure if i want to take it yet, would prefer my contract was extended where I am, but I have little control over that.

WFH and waiting for BT man/lady to come and install my fibre broadband and router.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Apparently it's enormous...

You've been there a few times... and you know how big it is...?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    johngti said:

seanoconn said:

A lovely lunch prepared for today in a pretty little lunch box. Popped it into my bag first thing so I didn’t leave it in the fridge as I normally do. Forgot my bag

I once set off for work with my bag all packed, or so I thought. Forgotten a shirt and underwear hadn’t I. Had to make a quick stop in a Tesco that I rode past every morning as I realised just as I approached it.

:smile:
    I try to leave spare stuff in the office just in case, when we were allowed to do such things.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Help, I’ve stumbled into cake stop, they’re all so mean, how do I get out again!? 😩
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    edited March 2021
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Chin up all. Currently being bombarded by a shitestorm💩💩 following a colleague's accident yesterday. Luckily he's ok but company safety guys being a tw#t. Hopefully won't have to put up with his censored for much longer. Why oh why do we train people up to be safety managers etc with no industry or engineering knowledge or experience.🤬🤬🤬

Hey, don't blame the system. It could just be he's a cnut.

Tbf, not everyone wants to go into safety and you do need to have them (legally, depending on the size of organisation and industry), so you have to get them from somewhere. The guy/gal is only trying to stop people getting killed or hurting themselves...

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I think I'll file the report card for today under "F".

Builder bloke turned up early as planned. Got on with the job, but finished early because today was the first serious rain we've had in.... oooooooh... 4 months? And what is he fixing? Stormwater drainage. He dug the trench 6 weeks ago, just had to fit the actual sump and grate drains.

:|

Into town on taxi duty for the afternoon anyway. Finally home about 5. CBA to do any exercise.

Tomorrow had better be an improvement.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    Blimey, not just me then.

If anyone is in the North West Kent area I’m newly “stormed off from a cycling club” available so may well be in need of company on the odd bike ride. Just saying, problems shared and all that.
  • thistle_
    edited March 2021

I think I'll file the report card for today under "F".

Builder bloke turned up early as planned. Got on with the job, but finished early because today was the first serious rain we've had in.... oooooooh... 4 months? And what is he fixing? Stormwater drainage. He dug the trench 6 weeks ago, just had to fit the actual sump and grate drains.

:|

On the plus side - free pond/moat.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    oxoman said:

Problem is in my industry you cant just switch stuff off and modern control systems need to be powered up to interrogate. They dont understand that concept, thank god I dont have another 20 plus yrs dealing with stuff like this. At this rate the whole of the UK wont be able to make anything without a forest of BS in triplicate and counter signed by god almighty himself. Any other developed nations just use common sense and good training. Rather than BS💩💩 and pixxpoor training / apprenticeships we put up with.

Exactly Oxoman, there’s to much bull and not enough common sense
    Safety men managers or what ever they call themselves are all yes men , that’s why they end up in these jobs, it’s because they are no good at anything else, that’s my opinion anyway
  • elbowloh
    oxoman said:

Problem is in my industry you cant just switch stuff off and modern control systems need to be powered up to interrogate. They dont understand that concept, thank god I dont have another 20 plus yrs dealing with stuff like this. At this rate the whole of the UK wont be able to make anything without a forest of BS in triplicate and counter signed by god almighty himself. Any other developed nations just use common sense and good training. Rather than BS💩💩 and pixxpoor training / apprenticeships we put up with.

Tbh, and going off track a little here, that doesn't sound like a modern control system?

Shouldn't a modern control system be reporting in real-time and allow you to interrogate at will?

I think even in construction (my background) which is slow to these kinds of changes, we have very much moved away from paperwork, almost everything is done in tablets/phones nowadays.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh

oxoman said:

Exactly Oxoman, there’s to much bull and not enough common sense
    Safety men managers or what ever they call themselves are all yes men , that’s why they end up in these jobs, it’s because they are no good at anything else, that’s my opinion anyway
    I have to say, that is not my experience. Yes, you get the odd jobsworth, but thats' the same of any job. I know some very, very good safety people.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    johngti said:

If anyone is in the North West Kent area I’m newly “stormed off from a cycling club” available so may well be in need of company on the odd bike ride. Just saying, problems shared and all that.

North West Kent you say John - how far from Bromley?

Hopefully you'll get a break soon because of Easter hols?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    seanoconn said:

Help, I’ve stumbled into cake stop, they’re all so mean, how do I get out again!? 😩

Join their support group?

Overly-Woke Support Group from xichael on Vimeo.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

North West Kent you say John - how far from Bromley?

Hopefully you'll get a break soon because of Easter hols?
    Not far - Dartford but often ride up Bromley way