Scott CR1 Pro

bobones
bobones Posts: 1,215
edited March 2021 in Your road bikes
My first carbon bike, bought in 2013 when everyone here was getting them from Westbrooks dirt cheap. I missed out on the SL version, but was happy enough with the Pro because of the threaded BB and more interesting red colour.

Here it is now, kitted out in SRAM Red eTap with Zipp finishing kit. Pictured below in climbing guise with Cero AR24 wheels, it tips the scales at 6.75 kg with pedals, cages and computer mount.

Not sure if it looks better with deep sections?

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks good in both guises, perhaps more blingy with the deep rims. Not keen on the red cables but hey it’s your bike.
    Sram Etap is a joy to use in my book and mine was fully submerged in the flooding a couple of years ago, dried and cleaned it and it just worked.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    it looks pukka with deep rims - please keep it that way.

overall though, top effort that man!
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • bobones

Looks good in both guises, perhaps more blingy with the deep rims. Not keen on the red cables but hey it’s your bike.
    Sram Etap is a joy to use in my book and mine was fully submerged in the flooding a couple of years ago, dried and cleaned it and it just worked.

Agreed. The cables are lightweight alu jobs that I could only get in red because black had sold out!

I've got 3 bikes with SRAM wireless so I'm definitley a fan!
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    I'd almost have deeper wheels. No need to go mental but a bit more would be mega.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

I'd almost have deeper wheels. No need to go mental but a bit more would be mega.

this, totally.

80s would be perfect on that. be proper fast, see, make mega noises.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Lovely bike, absolute class. I don't think there was any difference between the SL and Pro frames apart from graphics. I think it looks better with the AR24's - Kysrium SL's would be perfect!!

Superb......
  • bobones

Lovely bike, absolute class. I don't think there was any difference between the SL and Pro frames apart from graphics. I think it looks better with the AR24's - Kysrium SL's would be perfect!!

Superb......

Cheers. I ran Dura Ace C24s on this bike for a good while, and they looked the bollix.

From what I remember, the SL had stiffer HMX carbon while the Pro had HMF, this meant the SL frames were a few grams lighter. The Pro also had choice between PF86 and BSA BB while the SL was PF86 only. I opted for the threaded BB for ease of maintenance and it has never let me down.

To be fair, the bike is still in excellent condition and is a decent ride. My main criticism is that clearance between the stays means wider rims and tyres can be problematic. It's only when I got the De Rosa did I notice how much smoother the ride was on it and how stiff and jarring the Scott was by comparison. Still a great bike that has served me well for well over 20k miles.
  • It looks stunning, something about those CR1's that just looks right. When would you choose this over the SK?
  • bobones

It looks stunning, something about those CR1's that just looks right. When would you choose this over the SK?

It's been on the turbo almost permanently since I got the SK, but I'd perhaps take it out with the shallow rims for a big climbing day or if it was a bit too windy for the deep sections. The SK just doesn't look right with narrow rims!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    My SL is still my go to bike after all these years, super lightweight 1100g tubeless wheels and now R8000 groupset makes for a stunning ride
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Photos, Boff?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • bobones
    Was never really a fan of tan side walls, but the Scott really suits them IMO.