Am I missing anything

Hi - I'm looking to make up a spare set of wheels for my Genesis Equilibrium (105 groupset). So far I have
  • a wheelset
  • cassette
  • rotors
  • a locking tool thingy
Am I missing anything - I've never made up a set of wheels before - any tips?

Thanks

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Tyres, perhaps? Maybe an inner tube or two?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    May or may not need rim tape.
  • Yes - have tires - thinking of going tubeless - hence the new wheels - didn't want to decommission my current old-fashioned set up!

...and good point about rim-tape thx - I think I need a tubless tape don't I?
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Depending on the lockrings for the rotors, you may need seperate tools for the cassette lockring and the ones for the rotors or you may be lucky and they both use the same one.
  • Depending on the lockrings for the rotors, you may need seperate tools for the cassette lockring and the ones for the rotors or you may be lucky and they both use the same one.

Ah - that's a good call - thanks
  • valves

Again - good shout - thanks - so used to tubes I forgot I'd need some tubeless valves
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Also some sealant.

Having been there, done that and got the t shirt, I'd also question the wisdom of going to road tubeless. It's not really any better than tubes despite what the marketing says and is a whole load of new stuff to learn. If you comfortable with using tubes right now I'd just stick with them.