saturday cia with guns for hire, montagnards around the fire

'ning

nippy? yep
gloomy? yep

ride, coffee and cake, something chocolatey, do little until it's time to eat and drink more

last chance to sing along with the 9th cav
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nippy , dry , busy until 10 o’clock ish , if things go to plan, cycling later if it stays fine.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Drinking tea, about to eat porridge, then running with the hounds, then running alone, then running with a pal and repeat - if my hip holds up
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Good Moaning,
    It’s fine if a little damp out. Forecast says no rain and light wind so pedal off to WFW shortly for a short shift. Then later who knows maybe a trundle up the hills. More tea first though image
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Glorious here - just been for a walk with TDV and the hound, just stalling before pedalling down to parent's flat over here to collect some post.

Lots of freshly ploughed fields and theres nothing better than a freshly ploughed field.

Imagine TDNFNATN in a pair of wellies, fresh labcoat striding through a freshly ploughed field.

#ppwwoooaaaarrrr
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited March 2021
    Why, are they disbanding it SG?

In other news, Cav would love to get a 9th place.

T minus 71 mins.

Cat brought us a present of a medium sized rabbit, on account I think, of the Whisker shortage diet decision following a committee meeting about his weight with Shorty and Tricky.
    What a mess. Cleared it up before the girls saw it.

I guess i'll have to get some Whiskers. The girls will now be wondering why I went against the committee.. Oh bollox.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning. Weekly supermarket adventure complete. May go for a quick ride before others in the household stir. Back for coffee and breakfast then rugby later.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Why, are they disbanding it SG?

In other news, Cav would love to get a 9th place.

T minus 71 mins.

Cat brought us a present of a medium sized rabbit, on account I think, of the Whisker shortage diet decision following a committee meeting about his weight with Shorty and Tricky.
    What a mess. Cleared it up before the girls saw it.

I guess i'll have to get some Whiskers. The girls will now be wondering why I went against the committee.. Oh bollox.

Guessing it wasn't an intact rabbit and it wasn't a "I'll catch breakfast if you cook it" arrangement?

FA happening here today. Trying to play radios but can't get anything to work properly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    thistle_ said:

Guessing it wasn't an intact rabbit and it wasn't a "I'll catch breakfast if you cook it" arrangement?

I haven't ascertained that yet, he didn't specify.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Peace reigns. Strifey has taken the hounds out on her own and Stropteen has only just stirred from her pit, which only took a day to turn into one.

Went running last night and legs still ache, so think I'll try this cycling malarkey next to see if its less painful.

Coffee and cereal on the go...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Eldest,s GF being smuggled in later without us knowing.

I hope he's not aspiring to be an MI5 operative Oxo :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    As he's out of his room smuggling in creep in and hide in his wardrobe then jump out and smash all his stuff up with a baseball bat once they are back in.

that'll a)learn him and b)put a dampener on that particular relationship.
  • MattFalle
    in parents' flat.

just me and the S3.

I had forgotten what silence is like.

#joy
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

As he's out of his room smuggling in creep in and hide in his wardrobe then jump out and smash all his stuff up with a baseball bat once they are back in.

He could stick some top shelf mags and ladies underwear in strategic places in the lads room where they're likely to be found.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Turbo turboed, jab jabbed, coffee now.

Think the MF’s approach to learning pesky kids a lesson is spot on, speaking as an educationalist. Our previously housebound injured cat has just gone out for the first time in 4 weeks. He’d better not reinjure himself, the knob.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

He could stick some top shelf mags and ladies underwear in strategic places in the lads room where they're likely to be found.
    nah. too clever.

just smash the place up. then set fire to it and lob it into next door's garden.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Think the MF’s approach to learning pesky kids a lesson is spot on, speaking as an educationalist. Our previously housebound injured cat has just gone out for the first time in 4 weeks. He’d better not reinjure himself, the knob.

grazie.

see: upstairs for thinking, downstairs for dancing.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    johngti said:

Jab jabbed this am too. Our garden is frequented by too many cats and foxes, always leaving turdz laying around. I have some nvidia jetson boards on order though so will be building an autonomous sentry droid. Like in aliens.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Morning of chores that had been ignored for a week or so. Friends visited for long late lunch.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Rear wheel with the sticking freehub retrieved from the H-mob. Unable to service it! Freehub on a gravel bike 😳 So a 2nd new wheel ordered under warranty. V odd economics to design in cheaper dodgy hubs worth say £25 the pair trade then have to provide complete replacement wheels for free.

Still usable, running a bit freer just now, prob due to the excess WD40 sloshing about in it. Not long term viable but... missing the gravelling so will reassemble and use not too far from home. No 100km out 'n' backs on this hub; one can predict when it would seize altogether.

[/end story]

Catch a bit of MSR in a while, last hour or so. Grey and cold out. Do one north wind.
  • Stevo_666

johngti said:

Jab jabbed this am too. Our garden is frequented by too many cats and foxes, always leaving turdz laying around. I have some nvidia jetson boards on order though so will be building an autonomous sentry droid. Like in aliens.
    We have a couple of autonomous sentries for our garden that seem to keep foxes and cats away. They're called dogs :)
  • MattFalle
    Dog decided to chase ducks around the garden this arvo. Ducks won.

Sold a frame set that was too small for me, so winner-winner.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

T minus 71 mins.

I suppose we should check that you're still alive and haven't grown a pair norks or new limbs...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Filled my raised beds with chicken shyte and new compost. Bit of light forking. Helped my neighbour put stuff in his car. Bought beef. Washed my hands a lot.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Slowish start was had followed by a trip to the opticians, should wear specs when my eyes get tired from looking at the computer screen for too long. Not really a surprise, no other changes so no additional outlay which is good. Might buy some silly rims, that or wheels.
    Then went for a walk in Bushy Park with the trouble. Now relaxing.
    Hope the jabbees don't feel too bad after, glad more of us have been done.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

How did the ducks win?
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

T minus 71 mins.

I suppose we should check that you're still alive and haven't grown a pair norks or new limbs...
    norks? did someone mention norks?
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

How did the ducks win?
    they avoided the mighty bounding hound so won by not being eaten.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wife has got grumpy and wants me to stop running, offered to walk as a compromise
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Wife has got grumpy and wants me to stop running, offered to walk as a compromise

Run away...
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

T minus 71 mins.

norks? did someone mention norks?
    Pinno hasn't replied, so he must be busy playing with his new norks.