thursday a delightful walk in the country, unhinged, request napalm

'ning

once more unto the nippy

ride, coffee, busyness continues, plot the extraction of many moneys from notably chaotic and barking gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, relax, bubbly

orangettes running low in spite of hints to mrs s, beginning to wonder if she views my choc consumption as excessive
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, much colder here I blame the northerly wind, dry though but for how long, Busy morning again hopefully I will be finished by lunch time.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Yes, chilly but could still feel my toes after 20 miles without overshoes so can't have been that bad here.
    A couple of stretches of new tarmac have appeared down the valley which is great until you hit the big lumps in it. Still better than it was though.
    Seemed to time it just about right with the traffic too as it was all going the other way, or maybe I was just going so fast they couldn't catch me.
    WFH with a trip out the the river bank at lunchtime.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Bit lean in here this morning, wherefore art thou?

Blitzed the commute in, sailing past the traffic was a joy 🤩 I love bikey when he’s behaving.

On the down side, when is it going to warm up?! seeded my lawn 2 weeks ago and there are no signs of life yet! Family are starting to doubt my skills.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH starting with 3 hours of Teams meetings back to back.

Hopefully get out to the park this afternoon with the sprogs.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

Blitzed the commute in, sailing past the traffic was a joy 🤩 I love bikey when he’s behaving.

On the down side, when is it going to warm up?! seeded my lawn 2 weeks ago and there are no signs of life yet! Family are starting to doubt my skills.

Didn't you hear Monty Don? You're killing the planet with your lawn, you heartless barsteward.

I'm planning on turning part of my garden into a haven for wildlife ....i.e. I won't be @rsed to mow it.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Is this thread about golf?
  • elbowloh

That's not a sport worth following. It's a thing old people do when they retire as their wives can't stand them being at home all the time.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

That's not a sport worth following. It's a thing old people do when they retire as their wives can't stand them being at home all the time.
    They allow women in the bar area at golf clubs now! Can you believe it, nowhere to hide.
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

They allow women in the bar area at golf clubs now! Can you believe it, nowhere to hide.
    Just not in the members area
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    More crap to deal with today as global steel supply is a rapidly concerning issue.

Took MrsHD out on her bike last night, first ride for her in several months and I thought she did OK considering the weight of traffic.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chilled start should have drank last night to make the most of it.

Hot desking at home as the carpet fitters are here today.

Later is clear the patio of crap ready for weekend workers to start.

I used to have fun
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

As long as it's dry, the seed is dormant. If it gets wet for a prolonged period whilst cool, they'll rot.

My lawn has clover and daisies in it. It doesn't have to be manicured mono culture. Plenty of wild bits in the garden but even they need maintenance or else the brambles take over.

You know it's no use dealing with a 3rd tier punter of GMC SG.

'Weekend workers' TLW? Don't they cost double or is this a cash job?

Dull and cool here. Will do a spot of gardening.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Just spoken to a pall in Scouse land. We're going to do Stevo a favour...
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

'Weekend workers' TLW? Don't they cost double or is this a cash job?

No cash job, can’t claim moral high ground if I do it.

Pub pals company and as with all trades absolutely stacked out but is fitting us in, which basically means weekends and short notice in the week
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

As long as it's dry, the seed is dormant. If it gets wet for a prolonged period whilst cool, they'll rot.

There in lies the problem. If you don’t keep the buggers moist they won’t grow. But how long before they rot? 🤷‍♂️ Need above 7 degrees to germinate, it is during the day but not at night.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    This morning I'm standing in the bathroom waiting for the hot water to shave, if someone is running it downstairs then there isn't pressure enough for it to get upstairs.

Then I heard the panicking tones of the good Mrs Slog, and run downstairs to find that a pipe has split and the kitchen is flooding with hot water. After a brief interlude of 'run in circles, scream and shout', we get the water turned off.

I now have to fit a new flexible tap tail to the underneath of the kitchen sink.

Tip for the day: have a look at those flexible joints in your house, they don't last forever. These have done 9 years.

The older I get, the better I was.

• elbowloh
    capt_slog said:

This morning I'm standing in the bathroom waiting for the hot water to shave, if someone is running it downstairs then there isn't pressure enough for it to get upstairs.

Then I heard the panicking tones of the good Mrs Slog, and run downstairs to find that a pipe has split and the kitchen is flooding with hot water. After a brief interlude of 'run in circles, scream and shout', we get the water turned off.

I now have to fit a new flexible tap tail to the underneath of the kitchen sink.

Tip for the day: have a look at those flexible joints in your house, they don't last forever. These have done 9 years.

That reminds me. I don't know where the stopcock is in the new house.

I need to find out.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    capt_slog said:

Thanks for the top tip, mine are about 9 years old.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Non fun morning there Captain.

SO'C, it's consistent soil temp at 7 or above needed, not air temp. Might have been a bit previous sowing early March, even if there was a warm day back then.

Just put a pile of washing through da machine inc all in-use cycling kit and new bibtights like wot can't go through the dryer, and lo the sun has gone away and the mizzle has come back. xxxx it. Feels like it's being one of those days.
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

SO'C, it's consistent soil temp at 7 or above needed, not air temp. Might have been a bit previous sowing early March, even if there was a warm day back then.

Just put a pile of washing through da machine inc all in-use cycling kit and new bibtights like wot can't go through the dryer, and lo the sun has gone away and the mizzle has come back. xxxx it. Feels like it's being one of those days.

Cheers orraloon. I’ll give it another week and if nothing by then I’ll sow again when the temp in more consistent.
  • pinno
    edited March 2021
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Cheers orraloon. I’ll give it another week and if nothing by then I’ll sow again when the temp in more consistent.
    Just be patient. The seed will be dormant, just waiting for the right time. Dry for the foreseeable, no? When the time comes, piddle on it. It's good for compost too.
    But not yer wife, those hormones will leave a brown patch.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Just be patient. The seed will be dormant, just waiting for the right time. Dry for the foreseeable, no? When the time comes, piddle on it. It's good for compost too.
    Thanks 👍 They’ve been kept moist for the last 2 and a half weeks. Hopefully they haven’t started to rot yet.

Gripping subject for BB today!
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Wear it and pedal fast so the wind dries it out.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Got home at lunch to find the boiler has officially died. It had a new lease of life a few weeks ago after our heating engineer waved a screwdriver at it but has gone to boiler heaven now.

Thank god for wood burners and underfloor heating.

The downside is the only hot water we have is the boiling kitchen tap and the sex bath in the garden.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

The downside is the only hot water we have is the boiling kitchen tap and the sex bath in the garden.

Don't make tea or coffee using sex pond water.

Don't do sex pond stuff in water directly from the boiling water tap...

• tlw1
    hopkinb said:

Don't make tea or coffee using sex pond water.

Don't do sex pond stuff in water directly from the boiling water tap...

😂
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hasn’t everyone got a hot sex bath in the garden then?

Work was meh, been to Sainsbury’s, eldest son has been doing homework so slowly I think his pen is gathering moss. We were supposed to go for a run so that won’t be happening now. Frank Turner live stream tonight for the last time. Looking forward to that.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Thanks 👍 They’ve been kept moist for the last 2 and a half weeks. Hopefully they haven’t started to rot yet.

Hang on a min. I thought Sean was the goto man for all things lawn related. Is he just being polite in acknowledging advice?

As regards my garden, it is green. Calling it a lawn is a bit of a stretch though.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Hang on a min. I thought Sean was the goto man for all things lawn related. Is he just being polite in acknowledging advice?

As regards my garden, it is green. Calling it a lawn is a bit of a stretch though.
    The biggest fool is the man who thinks he knows it all.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    But Pinno, Sean? Pinno? :D