Looking for an anodiser

manglier
manglier Posts: 1,208
Like the title says I am trying to find an anodiser. I have just bought some new wheels that have bright green hubs (Scribe Race) so am wanting to get my stem anodised to match. Anyone out there with any experience?

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    colours available depend on the process used, afaik bright green is probably a dye process

i suggest first ask scribe who does theirs and/or if they can tell you the process/colour specification, then at least you know what you need to get done

might turn out easier to lacquer a silver anodised stem
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Most likely anodised at source (ie somewhere in the far east), so the specs may be difficult to get hold of.

A local anodiser might be able to match the colour, but you haven't said where you are located..
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    just use some green electrical tape.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    diy might be an option...

https://www.chronos.ltd.uk/product/standard-anodising-kits-coloured-2-litre/

...many others suppliers of similar
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    be careful though as they will fade at different rates and end up looking like a 90s motorbike from the scrapper.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208

A local anodiser might be able to match the colour, but you haven't said where you are located..

People's Republic of South Yorkshire

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    You’d be better off going to a custom spray painter and getting your stem painted to match. Much easier to match the colour with paint. You could even get it customised whilst you are at it. Here is my Pro Stealth custom painted bar/ stem to match the frame.

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,382

You’d be better off going to a custom spray painter and getting your stem painted to match. Much easier to match the colour with paint. You could even get it customised whilst you are at it. Here is my Pro Stealth custom painted bar/ stem to match the frame.

Niiiiice!!
    Wilier Izoard XP