sunday as if by matisse

'ning

nippy, dry and with less gale

ride and cafe stops, followed by lazing, dropping hints to mrs s about orangette reserve, concoct tortiglioni al ragù and crusty bread, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the winds dropped ,fine , cool and bright, tigger walked , breakfast and coffee consumed , early ride , roast beef , cycling on tv later
    Have a good day
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Coffee in bed check, card and present given to Mrs nibnob from baby nibnob check. Breakfast and a walk before the sun is replaced by rain this afternoon, then making Mrs nibnob surprise biscoff brownies as a final Mother's Day treat (hopefully that'll win me enough brownie points, literally, to be able to watch the rugby and/or north London derby).

Should probably phone Mother nibnob at some point too.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

is all that madness from last night finished? Is it safe to be back here?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Brought the club into disrepute. Absolute scandal, wonder whether it'll make the local newspaper. What would the headline be? Something with lots of capital letters, full stops and questionable maths. It's too early for my brain to think of anything specifically witty right now.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    nibnob21 said:

Coffee in bed check, card and present given to Mrs nibnob from baby nibnob check. Breakfast and a walk before the sun is replaced by rain this afternoon, then making Mrs nibnob surprise biscoff brownies as a final Mother's Day treat (hopefully that'll win me enough brownie points, literally, to be able to watch the rugby and/or north London derby).

Should probably phone Mother nibnob at some point too.

Cards successfully sneaked to children. Coffee soon to be delivered to bedside. Brownie points earned and stored for later use. Big shop early before hordes descend. Phone call to mummy seano later.

I’m nibnob! 😳

Second attempt today to glue inside of bike helmet back together to save myself £150.

Can you go into bike shops at the moment to browse or is it just click and collect?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long walk done, cooking breakfast and then off to see the mothers.

Afternoon tea then the drinking can start and the current wife’s mother day begins 😂
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited March 2021
    Wifes mothers day breakfast done... salmon avocado and poached egg on bagel.

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    I had a bit of a lie-in this morning no doubt induced by the cider celebrations following England’s wonderful win yesterday. I’ve not yet looked at the weather forecast but it looks bright and dry out, possibility of a ride perhaps? nice

I see Muddly Talker’s died, gone for a chat with Stirling, James and Barry
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited March 2021

Wifes mothers day breakfast done... salmon avocado and poached egg on bagel.

She'll end up fat.

There be lovely sunshine shining but above that, it's greyish black.
    Monsoon minus 10 minutes.

Apparently spring(ish) tomorrow.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Greetings. Been having a lie in. Wife has had cards etc along with much extra sleep so I’m about to make brunch for her and the kids. Happy days mixed with flashes of anger at a cycling club I’m in. Maybe not for much longer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

I see Muddly Talker’s died, gone for a chat with Stirling, James and Barry

Bloody good innings but I couldn't stand his hyperactive 10 year old style of commentary.
    If I hear his name, all I think of is "...and look at that, look at that, look at that...".

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Better go and make another cup of tea. Going to visit the old dear later, other than that pottering.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Iffy day all round. Skipped walkies this morning with the dog after yesterday's performance. Washed the old car instead, as had a buyer coming to have a look. Assumed they'd be tyre kickers, but turned out to be (a) nice people (b) on time (c) knowledgeable about what they were looking at and (d) prepared to pay a reasonable price.

Car is gone. Result! Sad to see it go after 11 years and 170,000 km in it, but a good thing I suppose. Now I just have to get used to driving the less interesting one.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Flowers and a personalised book from the kids for the wife. They managed to pick and order exactly the right thing...

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    Period wifey has lost an AirPod down a hole in the floorboard/skirting board. The vibes for me so far aren’t looking good.
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

Flowers and a personalised book from the kids for the wife. They managed to pick and order exactly the right thing...

Amazing how quickly little ones pick these things up 😃
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

Period wifey has lost an AirPod down a hole in the floorboard/skirting board. The vibes for me so far aren’t looking good.

I think the gaps between your floor boards are too big. Must be very draughty.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    still a bit breezy, but dry so far

today's cake was an excellently sticky chocolate rugelach, think i may get a bagful next time, or a choc babka, or both
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited March 2021
    'Noon
    Potter around on the bike first thing followed by Pilates. Was windy but not unpleasant, the bike ride not the Pilates.

Only just eaten. Breakfast is for wimps..or more organised people.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    No elderly Mothers here to go visit (or be banned from visiting), although at least Stropteen organised a delivery from Interflower which turned up yesterday. That means she might get fed when she comes back next weekend.

Dogs walked, tea supped - onwards to lunch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Iffy day all round. Skipped walkies this morning with the dog after yesterday's performance. Washed the old car instead, as had a buyer coming to have a look. Assumed they'd be tyre kickers, but turned out to be (a) nice people (b) on time (c) knowledgeable about what they were looking at and (d) prepared to pay a reasonable price.

Car is gone. Result! Sad to see it go after 11 years and 170,000 km in it, but a good thing I suppose. Now I just have to get used to driving the less interesting one.

What car did you sell WS?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Have you found that gif with the dogs and the robot vacuum cleaner yet?
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

Had this one, lovely car. Expensive to maintain though!

• Wheelspinner
    You get the drift...

Stupid website
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612

Stevo_666 said:

See, Manc33 was wrong, the world is not flat coz WS is dahn under Innit.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Have you found that gif with the dogs and the robot vacuum cleaner yet?
    The gif file must be too big, it won’t play. Shame, sums up my life perfectly.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696

Stevo_666 said:

The Australian model of course :D
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

Stevo_666 said:

Surprised that nobody has said:

Sticks to the road well
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Nice one. So much downforce it can drive upside down :smile: (tbf I'm having the same problems with photos being rotated when I post them).