Newbie saying hi and looking for advice after a 12 year break

Hi all,
I have been lurking for a while now so thought I would say hi and just jump in for some advice.
I am looking for a new hardtail to upgrade from my current 12 year old GT Avalanche 2.0 (yes I am that old). After a stint away from MB whilst I played with cars and motorbikes, got married and did the grown up thing I am now using the bike more as my toddler can come out with us on the bikes now (bit young for the motorbike tho) so gives us chance to have adventures as a family. After lots of Internet reading I can't believe how much things have changed since I last bought a bike. Single front gearing, dropper posts, slack geometry etc.
Anyway, to the issue. I'm looking for a hardtail that is suited to the transpennine trails, canals etc but will let me have fun when I venture out on my own to throw myself at trees.
Budget is up to say £900 and have been recommended bikes like the voodoo bizango, whyte 429, trek x-calibre and the vitus nucleus.
Now with covid meaning I can't chuck my leg over one and everyone in the UK suddenly buying a bike I'm not in a particular rush but would like to know what path I am aiming down.

Sorry for the waffle but I thought to ask the experts advice as there are now makes on the market that I am probably discounting as I haven't heard of them.

Any recommendations or real world reviews of the above most welcome.

Chris

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    What on earth is the story behind that birk tonyswww posting such an item. What an idiot!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    He came up a mathematical formula to show how people years ago would been faster in time trials etc if they used modern equipment than the current record holders. However he got his maths wrong and even when this was pointed out several times,he persisted. Before admitting he got it wrong and didn’t apologise.
    He got upset when people called him out and also said they weren’t that interested anyhow. It all smacked of self publicity as he was going to do some record attempt.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited March 2021
    tonyswww said:

The Proof of how the Admin are on this Forum ? is how they left this Thread on here ??? :(
    and...

This Forum Is Full of Admin C.U.N.T.S.! - 1 ??? :(
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13115141/this-forum-is-full-of-admin-c-u-n-t-s-1#latest

Can you imagine Children Login on here and asking their parents,Mummy,Daddy what are C.U.N.T.S.! ? then the Parents have to answer...Well dear they are those F.U.C.K.E.R.S.! on bikeradar.com that speak ? A load of S.H.I.T.! about nothing! :(
    They think they are clever by leaving it ? using reverse Psychology ? :( but this will back fire on them as this becomes one of the most viewed Threads on the site! :) as hundreds or even thousands will finally have answered what C.U.N.T.S.! are! :)
    Personally I don’t care as I have post all my info on at least another 10 real Cycling Forums! :)

Take care and let the Inflammatory Pus set in! :)

Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown you are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.🤡

You don't care yet here you are again trying to prove a point to yourself.

Don't get your K.N.I.C.K.E.R.S. in a twist, move on, no one gives a S.H.#.T.🥱
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Oh dear, how sad! :'(