saturday renormalising the thirteen infinities of the quantum pineapple

'ning

nippy, gloomy, windy, residual sogginess, it's as if february never ended

ride up and down, swig coffee, scoff cake, laze, make curry though i suspect mrs s praises my cooking solely to avoid cooking herself, roll on restaurants opening, laze, bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet n windy here, tigger walked , I’m just having a coffee whilst deciding what to do today, if the wind and rain persists I will get the trainer set up.
    Cycling on tv this afternoon
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Walk hounds in the wet & mud. Then get ready to meet a pal for a hilly run, then the joys of putting up a trampoline that the youngest thinks is turning up today but has been in the garage for a few days to stop him pestering for me to build it in the dark.

Few more jobs then a meal thing from a new place that I apparently are putting together later
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    It must still be cold, my cuppa didn’t stay warm for long. In the week I was hoping to go for a ride today as the forecast looked promising but the wind n rain has scuppered that idea. I don’t even HAVE a café shop to cycle to as an incentive

Another cuppa in a min followed by food shopping (essential journey) then later a beer with the rugby, fingered crossed for that! The rugby that is, not the beer. Hay-ho!

More rain coming from the west :/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Rather soggy here. Will try to muster up some motivation for an indoor pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Bore da pawb

Been quiet this week, wfw and not getting too close to the adolescents I’m now having to teach maths to.

May be getting the tools out later to swap cables/bb on a buddy’s bike. That’s always fun. Rugby later on and a quick walk down to m+s to get some Mother’s Day supplies. Then laptop on to do some planning for the week ahead.

Have a good one everyone
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    brrrrrrr, got rained on three times and it's windier now than when it was supposed to be windy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Quiet morning. Mrs. 666 has to go somewhere so will chill with the hounds and a coffee or two. Hound walking later on when its not so bloody windy.

At least the dental implants have settled in OK from Thursday, as it doesn't feel like I have something wedged in my lower jawbone any more and now have a full set of molars for a change. Wallet is still a bit sore though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

...and now have a full set of molars for a change.

For crunching bones?

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Morning slackers. Breakfast...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Aussie style.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao ragazzi

v v v v blowy out there, cold, swually.

Took off chain and cassette from tutbo, ultra sonic cleaned, will fit back on with dry lube to experiment keeping everything as shiiny and clean as poss for as long as poss.

apart from that, family stuff......
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

For crunching bones?

I leave that to the hounds (we give them raw chicken wings as a treat from time to time).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

...keeping everything as shiiny and clean as poss for as long as poss.

This:

https://www.squirtcyclingproducts.com/portfolio_page/squirtchainlube/

150 miles since I proper cleaned it:

• nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Routine early Saturday start to get the weekly shop done before the general public grace me with their presence. Surprising how even in an empty supermarket people still think it's ok to brush past and reach across you as if this last year has never happened.

Still, back in time to see baby nibnob wake up which is always entertaining.

Later will be winter bike chain clean and oil, summer bike chain clean and cook in wax, need to try and clean up the rear differential breather plug from one of the cars too. Think it's a bit blocked as there's a very small weep from one of the half shaft to diff seals, can't find UK stock though so hoping a soak in solvent will help clear it out.

Probably head out for a walk at some point, though it's hard to judge when's best when it's blue sky and sunshine one moment then horizontal rain the next.

Maybe rugby later but more interested in tomorrow's.
  • pinno
    edited March 2021
    nibnob21 said:

Later will be winter bike chain clean and oil, summer bike chain clean and cook in wax...

Molten speed wax or home job? Need more detail please.
    nibnob21 said:

need to try and clean up the rear differential breather plug from one of the cars too.

Holts brake and part cleaner - Can be left in diesel for a day or so to loosen the gunk first.

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    elbowloh said:

Aussie style.
    No wonder the coffee cup is empty...
  • elbowloh
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

For crunching bones?

I leave that to the hounds (we give them raw chicken wings as a treat from time to time).
    De-boned?

Chicken bones are often a cause of a visit to the vet.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    pinno said:

nibnob21 said:

Later will be winter bike chain clean and oil, summer bike chain clean and cook in wax...

Molten speed wax or home job? Need more detail please.
    nibnob21 said:

need to try and clean up the rear differential breather plug from one of the cars too.

Holts brake and part cleaner - or can be left in diesel for a day or so to loosen the gunk first.

Home job oz cycle style (if you don't know who I mean head on to the ewetoob, the guy is the best kind of geek). Paraffin wax and teflon powder in a slow cooker.

Think I've got some brake cleaner in the garage, if not some electrical contact cleaner, may have some diesel too. There'll definitely be something I can use!
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

Cooked one's are because they go brittle and I think Stevo the Rottweiler was aware of that hence his use of the word 'raw'.
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Cooked one's are because they go brittle and I think Stevo the Rottweiler was aware of that hence his use of the word 'raw'.
    Even raw bones can splinter and get stuck in the oesophagus.

And raw chicken risks salmonella.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Might do some garage based fettling. Looking forward to the lad getting back so I can get the Mini out of the way.
    Seems rather blowy out so might have a little walk but nothing too strenuous.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Sorry, don't mean to preach.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning
    Wet and windy.
    Knees and back nearly snapped in the fitness class.
    Going to blast some RF over TLW's way and see what happens one the 3D printer has finished making my antenna.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Don't much fancy raw chicken myself.

Caffeinated up now. Going to risk a rel short pootle out into the headwind, will stick to the offroad / cyclepath stuff, too gusty for the road for me. Plus need to do a soft one on the graveller post the recent wheel palavers, make sure I put it all back together the right way.

Right, stop d*cking about and get on with.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Walked dog, but not for long as it was windy and a few showers about. Had to restrain her from biting the head off a little yappy mutt making a noise. Should have let her do us all a favour.

Finished the mowing. Should be the end of it for a few months I hope. Mower now needs a major service, which is a PITA as it has to go to the workshop and *that* requires a trailer bigger than I have or can easily borrow. Bugger.

DIY lighting installer tasks this arvo to round out a Saturday of jobs-I-really-didn't-want-to-do.

Arranged time for someone to come look at buying my old car tomorrow.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

...keeping everything as shiiny and clean as poss for as long as poss.

This:

https://www.squirtcyclingproducts.com/portfolio_page/squirtchainlube/

150 miles since I proper cleaned it:

this is not - think its 3 years old, regular cleaning with paint brush and Jizer, today was ultrasonic cleaner with carb cleaner think rinse off under the sink.

no need for those chain cleaner things or overpriced Muc Off if you ask me.

More info on hot wax though would be v gratefully received

• MattFalle

its come out ok tbh
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    edited March 2021
    MattFalle said:

More info on hot wax though would be v gratefully received

Got some hair that needs removing?

https://www.boots.com/toiletries/skincare-female-hair-removal/wax-strips
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

no need for those chain cleaner things or overpriced Muc Off if you ask me.

I don't use either.

Post a pic of that same cassette and chain after 150 miles.

Ps Can I borrow the ultrasonic cleaner?

• Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Sorry, don't mean to preach.
    No worries, don't mind people showing concern for animal welfare.

We feed them raw food every from a dog food supplier - bit like steak tartare but with different meat types in it, so they've had raw chicken a few times a week for most of their lives. Never had a problem.

They have the raw wings at least once a week. We checked various sources to make sure its OK and as long as the bones are uncooked and not too big etc, fine. Chicken wing bones are more like tough cartilage and make more of a squelch than a crunch when they chew them up. Biggest risk is when they eat them too quickly and throw it up on the carpet...

Sometimes I think they eat better than I do.