Vaccination invitation text message

Just had one come through to my phone inviting me to book as I have an underlying condition. The only underlying condition I think i have is that I’m 52. Anyone else get this message? Makes me wonder what the dr isn’t telling me!

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hmmm. The link took me to what looks like the official NHS website. I’ll wait for a letter
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    johngti said:

Hmmm. The link took me to what looks like the official NHS website. I’ll wait for a letter

they're using a combination of text call and letter to contact people.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    if the site it points you at is...

accurx.thirdparty.nhs.uk

...it is legitimate

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    I got this text in the last week of Feb which I thought was a scam as it came so early, but it was bona fide:

"Dear Mr 666,
    You have been invited for your first dose of the vaccine, if you have had the vaccine already please ignore this invite. If you have had any vaccine in the last 7 days, we will advise you to wait a week. If you have had a positive COVID test, please wait for the next available appointment 4 weeks from the test result. If you are on warfarin please make sure you bring your INR result with you. Please come at your allotted time, not early.
    Please click on the link to book: accurx.thirdparty.nhs.uk/r/t3rnbtmtdz
    Elm House Surgery
    "

It wasn't my own surgery as they'd nominated one that worked out of a smallish local hospital to cover several surgeries as they had better facilities.

If you're not sure, give them a call.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    It’s not the text message part that’s concerning. It’s the underlying condition bit.
  • Stevo_666
    I think the underlying bit is quite wide and can go back a long way. Someone told me they once went to hospital when they were young for an asthma related problem but hadn't had any problems for years and rarely even used their inhaler. But that was enough to make them 'vulnerable'.

Like I said, give them a call if you're not sure.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,130
    Bit of lockdown timber?
  • johngti

Bit of lockdown timber?

Lol far from it!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Just try the website and see if it will let you book, you have nothing to lose.

I'd heard i might be able to book, so I tried on the website and got an appointment. I felt a bit wrong doing it, but I didn't lie about anything, just followed the prompts. The next day my letter arrived telling me to book an appointment!

Mrs Slog is a bit younger, we booked hers a few days later, and the same thing happened on that one too, the letter was here the morning after.

The older I get, the better I was.

• johngti
    Seems legit, booked in and confirmed. Just need to find out what I’ve got now...
  • Stevo_666

Bit of lockdown timber?

You can't make pretty much the entire the population officially vulnerable, it wouldn't work.
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo_666 said:

Bit of lockdown timber?

You can't make pretty much the entire the population officially vulnerable, it wouldn't work.
    OK - a LOT of lockdown timber then?
  • wilberforce
    wilberforce Posts: 294
    My OH got a text yesterday for her vaccination although she is not within any of the age categories being called forward. We think it is because she had a PE over 20 years ago, but I have asked to see a copy of her birth certificate :) .
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Bit of lockdown timber?

OK, but you will have to prioritise some people you may not think deserve it...

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    I had the same text today - I'm 52 - I just phoned up the number and booked an appointment so it's not a scam.

Like you I have no idea what my underlying condition is - I am on antibiotics for what my Dr has said is a non serious infection - I've no history of asthma, obesity etc.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • johngti
    I once got given an inhaler (a couple of years after starting cycling) because I tended to get congestion when riding but it made no difference. Probably that even though it was at least 6 years ago
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Bit of lockdown timber?

That's the beauty of universal care.

Although to be fair, as an ancient cancer survivor, I don't think he needs any more help up the list.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Is it because your teeth are knackered? 😂
  • johngti
    Does that count then?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Bit of lockdown timber?

That's the beauty of universal care.

Although to be fair, as an ancient cancer survivor, I don't think he needs any more help up the list.
    Hope he does get it, I want to and see him perform live :smile:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    My newest minion had his a couple of days ago. He's 27. He has asthma, and if you have ever been hospitalised because of it, you're front of queue. He was hospitalised aged 2.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

My newest minion had his a couple of days ago. He's 27. He has asthma, and if you have ever been hospitalised because of it, you're front of queue. He was hospitalised aged 2.

Yep, almost exactly the same as what I heard from someone else.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    It seems to differ depending on area - my daughter has well controlled asthma - never been hospitalised - she's had the jab - I was reading somewhere about a woman who has been hospitalised several times but no jab because it was something like more than 5 years ago.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    I'm 54 and going for my second jab next week. I'll have my first one 12 weeks later, that way it helps with the stats.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    johngti said:

Seems legit, booked in and confirmed. Just need to find out what I’ve got now...

If it's terminal, can I have your bike? Had first dibs on another forumite's bike but he let me down and got better.
  • johngti

johngti said:

If it's terminal, can I have your bike? Had first dibs on another forumite's bike but he let me down and got better.
    Too late dude - dibs has already been taken. You’re second in line 👍
  • Stevo_666

johngti said:

There are some anti-vaxxers over in Cake Stop, you might have a better chance with them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

There are some anti-vaxxers over in Cake Stop, you might have a better chance with them.
    I just posted a question on that one, he seems rather conflicted. Vaccination is the only way out of this but won't have it himself. Maybe he works for Amazon and is profiting from lockdown.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

I just posted a question on that one, he seems rather conflicted. Vaccination is the only way out of this but won't have it himself. Maybe he works for Amazon and is profiting from lockdown.
    If he's old or fat enough, it could be a self rectifying problem.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I got a letter :)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!