back to cloudy and nippy

ride, coffee, webex, may start the weekend early
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Pouring down here
    Was meant to be WFW but cocked something up and need to be at home.
    Having issues with a UK based ebay seller who now seems to be based in HK and doesn't seem to want to accept the thing they sold me is farked.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    thistle_ said:

'ning
    Pouring down here
    Having issues with a UK based ebay seller who now seems to be based in HK and doesn't seem to want to accept the thing they sold me is farked.

you have to find a pic for the caption competition too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I’m pleased to say the wind has dropped, still chilly though, window cleaning duties to day , cycling later
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

thistle_ said:

'ning
    Pouring down here

you have to find a pic for the caption competition too
    Lesson of the day - effort is underrated.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning run was very wet and cold whereas hound walk just before was ok 🙄

Work stuff then it’s Friday night😎
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Back to normal office routine today after a day or so at home. I was reviewing a report by someone two grades more senior than me but it seemed to have been written by a five year old. What should have been a couple of hours work turned into over a day.

Wet ride in but not quite as windy...think it's meant to pick up during the day though just in time for the headwind home - typical.

Ahh well, first day off of the year on Monday. Mrs nibnob's first Mother's day so thought I'd treat her with my presence for an extra day. Lucky woman.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    nibnob21 said:

Back to normal office routine today after a day or so at home. I was reviewing a report by someone two grades more senior than me but it seemed to have been written by a five year old. What should have been a couple of hours work turned into over a day.

Wet ride in but not quite as windy...think it's meant to pick up during the day though just in time for the headwind home - typical.

Ahh well, first day off of the year on Monday. Mrs nibnob's first Mother's day so thought I'd treat her with my presence for an extra day. Lucky woman.

Happy first Mother’s Day Mrs Nibnob. I have two cards to secretly supervise with limited opportunity before Sunday 🤔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Morning run was very wet and cold whereas hound walk just before was ok 🙄

Work stuff then it’s Friday night😎

Happy Friday! 🥳🥳🥳
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

nibnob21 said:

Happy first Mother’s Day Mrs Nibnob. I have two cards to secretly supervise with limited opportunity before Sunday 🤔
    You could make it three and really confuse things on Sunday.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Slow start, Friday is my Saturday, usually.

Got a fettle to fettle for a first time: rear hub freewheel on the graveller is starting to stick, prob the consequence of several months of riding through gloop. Never needed to attend to such before, but courtesy of watching a couple of GCN / Park Tool videos on the UTub should be easy enough... Here's hoping anyway, given the LBSs are backed up with 2 week service queue.

Laterz is it live TA or PN? How much Kirby can one take?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, coffee and lots of work. Friday work speed is double normal work speed so I might even get a ride at lunch if the wind doesnt pick up
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    orraloon said:

Slow start, Friday is my Saturday, usually.

Got a fettle to fettle for a first time: rear hub freewheel on the graveller is starting to stick, prob the consequence of several months of riding through gloop. Never needed to attend to such before, but courtesy of watching a couple of GCN / Park Tool videos on the UTub should be easy enough... Here's hoping anyway, given the LBSs are backed up with 2 week service queue.

Laterz is it live TA or PN? How much Kirby can one take?

I'll take Kirby over the OTT Hatch any day of the week.

@seanoconn : These things are tricky during lockdown.

I have already made the bread dough and it's in the oven as well as painting some Porker bits 'cos the sun is above 40 degrees in the sky and the conservatory is warm. No doubt i'll get plenty of abuse from Mrs P.

Must get on with last day of Shorty schooling.
    Tricky is over the moon that she'll be back at school on Monday - top of her list: the menu. At least she's got her priorities right.
    The lucky buggers get Wraps, roast dinners, stir fry's, fruit, Yoghurt, Brownies...
    In my day it was any old slop. It didn't matter what you chose, it all tasted the same.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Early lunch had. Quick coffee and a shuffle of some datA and ill be off..
  • seanoconn

Lunch. I looked from different camera angles but it didn’t get any more appetising looking. Strange 🤔

I’m sure Stevo will be along shortly begging for swapsies.

Any min now..... any min....
  • seanoconn
    Oh ok Stevo, I’ll swap it for your delicious pasty, but just this once, as a favour like.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Friday half day. Have bought some new bearings for my DA wheels and, errrr thats about it.

Head to the gym in a bit then pick up bambini and head home.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    seanoconn said:

Oh ok Stevo, I’ll swap it for your delicious pasty, but just this once, as a favour like.

NFW Seano, not keen on gruel.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Hmmm, that's odd. Had just about finished writing something and as I was writing the important question about buying a crankset the page jumped to the Bay of Shite. So the important bit first this time, lightly used Red crankset or new Force? Single ring but I can buy a used double if it's the 110 BCD.
    Had our weekly catch up on Teams earlier, wife commented that I was rather ranty. Poxy computer system still isn't doing most of what it should do and I've had my fill. Shelf stacking seems appealing about now.
    Old dear's birthday but she is supposed to be isolating prior to an angiogram on Monday. As a treat she got taken out for a drive and to have a covid test. I'll drive by and throw her present at her later, maybe I should'nt have got the hard back edition of the book then.
    Hungry now, need food...
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Lunch. I looked from different camera angles but it didn’t get any more appetising looking. Strange 🤔

Porage with Almonds?
    ...for lunch?!

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Going to Guildford registry office to register elbow child 2. Parked by the canal for a spot if lunch first
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Porage with Almonds?
    ...for lunch?!

Quick easy work meal
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Porage with Almonds?
    ...for lunch?!

Quick easy work meal
    I forgot - you're a scaffolder.

#whitecollarpikey
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Porage with Almonds?
    ...for lunch?!

I can picture Seano now, saying "Please Sir, can I have some more..."
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    I don’t want more, I WANTED A FRIGGING PASTY!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

This was me just now:

Nom nom nom.
  • seanoconn
    You’re a cruel man Stevo 😔
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

This was me just now:

Nom nom nom.
    Don’t worry seanoconn, it’s a normal sized pasty, he is just very small
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

Going to Guildford registry office to register elbow child 2. Parked by the canal for a spot if lunch first

no matter what mrs e and you have decided for a name for e2, just change it to whatever you want when you're in there.

once e2 is registered there is nothing mrs e can do about it.......
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Here's me explaining to Seano that it's actually because I'm far away:

https://youtu.be/MMiKyfd6hA0

• seanoconn
    Sorry Stevo you lost me there for a moment, I was thinking about spider baby, It's got the body of a spider, and the mind of a baby.