Piers Morgan

Can't believe that this paragon and icon of journalistic integrity hasn't got a thread yet.
Off to GB News, apparently.

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    He's a lizard. How he is in the public eye is disgusting.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,715
    edited March 2021
    He loves being the centre of attention so would probably be highly chuffed at this thread. Regardless of the direction it goes in.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I should have made this a poll

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    I don't identify with half his comments or his style but I find the whole cancellation culture so abhorrent that he has my support.

All he said is he didn't believe a word and was hounded for not taking a massive victim call at face value.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,207
    david37 said:

I don't identify with half his comments or his style but I find the whole cancellation culture so abhorrent that he has my support.

All he said is he didn't believe a word and was hounded for not taking a massive victim call at face value.

He also cried like a little baby when someone tried to say something he didn't want to hear.
  • He speaks his mind and unfortunately in todays pc society thats not allowed.
  • kingstongraham
    He's had a terrible time getting his face on TV over the past 20 years. Censorship, I tells you.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Did he really deserve his own thread?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,607
    john80 said:

F*** no. Spoilt little man child.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • john80 said:

I dont see why not its an open forum let people say what they think re him.

Personally i think he is entitled to his opinion, i dont think Harry and Megan should of appeared on tv when they did really bad timing when Phillip has being ill. And do i think shes telling the truth re the other royals hmmmmm i am not sure.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,196
    edited March 2021
    That depends on whether people keep posting in it. Biden is struggling at the moment. Trump though, he was a real player!
  • kingstongraham
    "While he said he had no reason to believe that phone hacking had occurred at the Mirror while he was in charge there, he admitted to hearing a recording of an answerphone message left by Paul McCartney for Heather Mills"
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    david37 said:

He cancelled himself.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rjsterry

john80 said:

Personally i think he is entitled to his opinion, i dont think Harry and Megan should of appeared on tv when they did really bad timing when Phillip has being ill. And do i think shes telling the truth re the other royals hmmmmm i am not sure.
    He is of course entitled to his opinion and may self publish that at will, but while he's on the clock his employers are entitled to set whatever limits they see fit within the law. If he'd put the same opinion across in a different way he might still be at GMB, but that would require him to exercise some basic level of self control.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

He speaks his mind and unfortunately in todays pc society thats not allowed.

Here we go again. He IS allowed to speak his mind. But if or when people do that, they need to be aware that it may have consequences for them. Which it did, in this case. It's not like he's in jail or anything.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    edited March 2021
    rjsterry said:

john80 said:

He is of course entitled to his opinion and may self publish that at will, but while he's on the clock his employers are entitled to set whatever limits they see fit within the law. If he'd put the same opinion across in a different way he might still be at GMB, but that would require him to exercise some basic level of self control.
    ITV seemed quite happy for him display a lack of self control until this. Same with Jeremy Kyle. It looks a lot like crocodile tears to me that they only show concern when the shock jocks they hire cause a scandal that blows up in their face. ITV shares were down £250 million on the back of Piers leaving last time I looked and GMB ratings instantly went down. Going forward they will need to work out if they really care about mental health or ratings.

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,494
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
    What I object to is when he repeatedly spouts forth in some self-aggrandising way only to behave like a spoilt child and have a paddy when someone gives him a taste of his own medicine.
    For the record, I probably agree with him on Meghan, but I'm not a fan of his.
  • kingstongraham
    Why does he have to have an opinion on everything? Must be exhausting.
  • rjsterry
    shortfall said:

rjsterry said:

john80 said:

ITV seemed quite happy for him display a lack of self control until this. Same with Jeremy Kyle. It looks a lot like crocodile tears to me that they only show concern when the shock jocks they hire cause a scandal that blows up in their face. ITV shares were down £250 million on the back of Piers leaving last time I looked and GMB ratings instantly went down. Going forward they will need to work out if they really care about mental health or ratings.

I think there's some truth in that.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,311
    edited March 2021
    shortfall said:

rjsterry said:

john80 said:

The shares are only down as compared to the temporary bump at the start of the week, probably from beating BBC ratings that morning.

If you remove the bump from the ratings and the drop (whether that's from Piers leaving or just the market correcting) it's like nothing happened. In fact they're still up on the previous week.

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • shortfall
    pangolin said:

shortfall said:

rjsterry said:

john80 said:

The shares are only down as compared to the temporary bump at the start of the week, probably from beating BBC ratings that morning.

If you remove the bump from the ratings and the drop (whether that's from Piers leaving or just the market correcting) it's like nothing happened. In fact they're still up on the previous week.

Yes the rise in the share value last week due to the ratings winning presenter who has now left. We'll see how the share price and ratings fair in the months to come.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    shortfall said:

Going forward they will need to work out if they really care about mental health or ratings.

I'm not sure it's a choice, but if it is, then my vote is for Mental Health to take priority. Saying someone's lying about their health is...unpleasant.

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,311
    shortfall said:

pangolin said:

shortfall said:

rjsterry said:

john80 said:

Yes the rise in the share value last week due to the ratings winning presenter who has now left. We'll see how the share price and ratings fair in the months to come.
    Sure I just mean try to compare like for like. As I said they are still higher than they were a week ago, when Piers was there.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • shortfall
    pangolin said:

shortfall said:

pangolin said:

shortfall said:

rjsterry said:

john80 said:

Sure I just mean try to compare like for like. As I said they are still higher than they were a week ago, when Piers was there.
    Fair
  • kingstongraham
    Itv released their full year results on Tuesday.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    Susanna Reid did a mini walkout of her own this morning.
    Jeremy Clarkson are rumoured to be in the mix of potential candidates to replace him.
    £300 million wiped off the value of ITV.
    Sales of popcorn soar. :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kingstongraham
    ITV is worth exactly the same as it was at 4pm on Monday. Which is £200M more than it was this time last week.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    pangolin said:

shortfall said:

rjsterry said:

john80 said:

Wasn't the interview itself just before that bump? Probably the most talked about thing on ITV in years.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    secretsam said:

shortfall said:

Going forward they will need to work out if they really care about mental health or ratings.

I'm not sure it's a choice, but if it is, then my vote is for Mental Health to take priority. Saying someone's lying about their health is...unpleasant.
    he didn't say they were lying, he said he didn't believe them. There's a world of difference.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    So you say you don’t believe what someone is saying. Implying they are not telling the truth therefore they are lying. I think you are splitting hairs.